Home

Beaver - crossovers

Posted By: paredneck

Beaver - crossovers - 01/03/08 07:28 PM

I've got a small creek with some excess beavers,one or two main dams and a maze of smaller ones, I'm guessing that on most the crossover and spillway are the same thing, which side do you put the trap on, upstream or down, or doesn't matter I am trying for a front foot no 3 long springs are all I have at this time,may try snares, never done beaver thanks.
Posted By: shanemoss

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 08:31 PM

Be easier to drown em on the deep side of the dam. I would go with the snares anyway as you would probably have better luck than trying to front foot beaver if you aint done either before.
shane
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 09:15 PM

Snare below a crawl over on a dam to give you an idea.

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 09:45 PM

Thanks for the pic. looks warm there.

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 09:47 PM

While I got you there, I'm new to snares as well,any ideas on stabilizing? are yours nailed to the wood? thanks.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 09:51 PM

That photo was taken during summertime, lol. Actually was breaking ice this morning.

No nails, notice the wire coming off the stick to the snare, it's holding the snare in place. Just make a J shape on the end of the wire, put the snare in the hook part of the J then pinch it shut with pliers to hold it in place.

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/03/08 10:45 PM

Thanks alot,supposed to warm to mid fourties this weekend, had a hi of five today,have to get out and give it a try.
Posted By: Bismuth Boy

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/04/08 12:12 AM

You are in WMU 3B, 3C, or 3D, aren't you?

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/04/08 03:44 AM

3c weather is a pain in the// wish it would pick a pattern and temp.
Posted By: goldy

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/04/08 03:57 AM

Whats with all the green leaves? Are you doing ADC work or are you trapping for the fur? The fur can't be at all prime with greenery like that.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: beaver crossovers - 01/04/08 04:00 AM

LOL goldy, Jtrapper is one of those no-count gubmint trappers doing adc work.
© 2019 Trapperman Forums