Home

Almighty Video

Posted By: Family Trapper

Almighty Video - 01/17/11 05:19 AM

Well the Almighty Alaskan Thread was a hit. Journals took hold and continue to be a favorite. Hopefully this thread will do what the Almighty Alaskan Thread did. Maintain it popularity to the point where a person doesn't have to look to far to find it.
Maybe if we can make it worth while as a place to post good videos it will get pinned to the top.

I would like to propose that we make a listing of videos here that are worth watching. Trapping mostly but any Northern outdoor video is welcome. It is the nature of this forum. Trapping, Hunting, Fishing, Cabin Life. Wilderness living.
The best we can find.
Youtube, Photobucket etc. Try and keep the banter to a minimum unless it adds or is in relevance to a video.
The Almighty is the place for chit chat.
Just got done watching a good Youtube and you have to wade through a number of them to find a good one.
I would like to ask that the video all be appropriate for our young audience. No links to video that are have inappropriate language etc. As far as I am concerned this is all of the Wild North videos. Please don't post them. Good video but too much foul language. Not needed here.

If you use the video embed box to the right of the photo inserter on the tool bar you can get the videos like they are below.

It looks better than a link. If you want to view full screen click on the video and go to youtube.

I will lead it off.
This is a personal favorite. ;0)
Some Lynx Trapping in Western Alaska.

This video of the Rowland family is always fun to watch.

A good one with a lot of trapped wolves. These guys don't show a lot of how to but some great wolf video and give you some idea what a productive wolf line looks like.

A follow up to the wolves above.

Same family. Bait station results.

Just started this 5 parts series. Great video.
Far Out - Heimo's Arctic Refuge - The full version. 52 min

Posted By: sharksinthesalsa

Re: Almighty Video - 01/17/11 05:55 AM

i'll play...heres a couple of mine

Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Almighty Video - 01/17/11 05:56 AM

Mink trapping ones my video nothing special
Posted By: lbtrapper

Re: Almighty Video - 01/17/11 06:14 AM

ill give this ago..

Re: Almighty Video - 01/18/11 08:31 AM

Always been a favorite of mine.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/18/11 09:06 AM

great video to share

thanks family trapper
Posted By: UgashikBob

Re: Almighty Video - 01/18/11 05:07 PM

FT:
Thanks for posting the video's. Don't have much experience with video but will try to post some later. Really enjoyed Heimo's video. Very very impressive what they have done. I wonder if there is a common thread in that after about a dozen winters the draw of family and other issues made them start to commute instead of year round. After eleven years my bride and I started commuting also. We are no where near what Heimo and family have done but have some similairities. Would be nice to have a year round bush rat convention somewhere and compare notes. Its a shame most peoples hard won knowledge isn't shared.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/18/11 05:35 PM

Getting to glimpse into the life of Heimo was a treat indeed indeed and you're right there's a lot of knowledge that is not shared from people like these.

I often thought it would be a lifestyle that I could live with if I had my family with me like Heimo did.
Having a cabin on my trap line is still a dream I would love to see come true. However the logistics just aren't there right now.
Posted By: Hupurest

Re: Almighty Video - 01/19/11 03:14 AM

SNAP. 42 wolves.... wow.
Posted By: trapper0234

Re: Almighty Video - 01/19/11 03:59 PM

Very Good Thread!
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Almighty Video - 01/19/11 07:37 PM

Great thanks

Re: Almighty Video - 01/19/11 07:39 PM

It is almighty! cool
It will be around for awhile.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/19/11 11:45 PM

How close to a critter have gotten or in this case how close has one gotten to you? I could have slapped this young ram. Even with a bum leg he still got around in the mountauns better than me.

Posted By: Moses

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 12:55 AM

familytrapper... is there a place where we can get the vid "alone in the wilderness"?
Posted By: piperniner

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 02:55 AM

Title Wave books in Anc. sells the books and dvd's. They have gone back to used books only by the way. A shame, as they were the best book store around.
Posted By: Kirk Howes

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 04:51 AM

Thanks for the thread.
I spent the last hour watching vids
28 minutes of Heimo's vid, which is cool.
I really like that guy the way he thinks and lives.
Going to watch more of the vids later on.
Thanks again.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 06:26 AM

heres one of my pup a few hours ago

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 09:54 AM

I see a number of places online.
http://www.dickproenneke.com/

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/11 04:26 PM

I have checked all the online download sites for Heimo's vids and can't find them. If anyone has a source would appreciate it or any other vids on true remote living.
Posted By: Kirk Howes

Re: Almighty Video - 01/21/11 02:09 AM

Bob, did you try You tube?

Re: Almighty Video - 01/21/11 06:10 PM

KH:
No because I was looking at the possibility of finding it in a full length TV episode on something like Demanoid, or others because the video quality is usually better than UTube

Re: Almighty Video - 01/21/11 09:07 PM

Try this http://www.vbs.tv/watch/far-out--2/heimo-s-arctic-refuge-full-length

Re: Almighty Video - 01/21/11 10:59 PM

SS:
Thanky you for the link.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/12/11 10:02 AM

Add the PBS video to our list.
http://video.pbs.org/video/1642358743
Posted By: biggen

Re: Almighty Video - 02/14/11 04:45 AM

Thanks

Re: Almighty Video - 03/25/11 02:49 AM

Here is a cool link for making fur mittens. Coyote

Posted By: AKscott

Re: Almighty Video - 03/25/11 05:03 AM

hey ft have you seen that whole alone in the wilderness movie.

Re: Almighty Video - 03/25/11 05:48 AM

At one time maybe. But I can't remember anything else than what is the above one so maybe not.
Posted By: AKscott

Re: Almighty Video - 03/27/11 08:57 AM

i found the whole movie online i havent watched the second half yet but its pretty good so far this guy did everything the old tuff way.

http://motionempire.com/Watch_Alone_In_T...ml#video_player
Posted By: countrysmith

Re: Almighty Video - 04/03/11 04:21 AM

http://www.nfb.ca/film/cree_hunters/
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: Almighty Video - 04/04/11 04:55 AM

FT thanks for those videos, those were great!!

Re: Almighty Video - 04/07/11 02:10 AM

Heres a 5 part series on how to snare wolves..
--it shows baiting techniques
--snare sets
--and catches

thought you guys would enjoy this

Re: Almighty Video - 04/07/11 04:27 AM

lb thanks. Those are great. Really good to see others set. I like the way he diagonals his supports for a slight V and guiding affect. Good stuff.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/17/11 11:43 PM

A few words of of thought from our elders.

And for most who are familiar with trev's wolf trapping videos..here is his marten line
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Almighty Video - 04/19/11 01:41 AM

Nice videos.Thanks for sharing.

Re: Almighty Video - 06/20/11 12:28 AM

Cool stuff

Posted By: biggen

Re: Almighty Video - 07/19/11 10:35 PM

Thanks for the headsup on the videos with language I don't want my grandchildren to hear.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/11 06:54 PM

Thought I would post this as the concept might come in handy for someone in the future. It features a lift system we used to take moose legs from a canoe up to a high bank.

It is a short movie I put together of my daughter moose hunt and some fun footage of the contraption below in action.

Well getting a moose from bank to boat has always been looked at by me as an opportunity to well lets say, be innovative. Especially when it involves high banks, and driftwood laden beaches. This time it was a new twist. Canoe to bank.
We landed the canoe at our shortest packing distance at a high bank. I remembered last year getting Jenna's monster up the bank with Garrity, Jenna and myself with a bad back. I was thinking. It was time to get creative.
I had tree climbers so I put them to use.
Cutting a couple of trees and building an a frame we put some rope, a pully, and my tree climbers to work. I attached a pully about 20 feet up in a tree. Put a loop in the end of the rope and put my foot into it. I went down and the moose went up.

The first hoist was rather interesting but it got smoother from there. As you will see from the video.
Helps to have a patient partner that also was wanting to keep his back happy also.

Posted By: Mink Man

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/11 07:42 PM

go to north american trapper, it has free episodes of the tv show, one of them is a thorpe episode on fisher. This is alan proboasts website.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/11 10:34 PM

Wow a pile of video there Mink.
http://natrapper.com/tvshow/

Re: Almighty Video - 11/22/11 10:28 AM

ttt

Re: Almighty Video - 01/07/12 11:59 AM

Siberian Trapper Video.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 03:59 AM

Bummer we lost the siberian film. I have it downloaded at least.
Here was a good one I watched today. I can't help but think this has got to be a captive cat. He is too fat to be such a poor hunter. ;0)
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 04:35 AM

I believe that was one of Marty Stoufers videos. As many times as that cat got a paw on the bunny, I can only think that it had been declawed!!

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 04:43 AM

I got a kick out of watching the hare take to diving when he saw the cat closing the gap.
Posted By: Kusko

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 04:22 PM

I agree with NH114. That cat must be declawed.

It's such a bummer that Stouffer staged a lot of his films. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait for his show to come on every week.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 04:47 PM

Has anybody ever posted a video of a beaver escaping from a 330? I have one, but have no idea how to put it on here. It is not graphic, but educational. The beaver was mostly unharmed except maybe some bruising.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/12 08:43 PM

Get a youtube account and upload it.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Almighty Video - 05/24/12 12:57 AM

Well Family Trapper you best not be showing the beaver put up tape you pirated from me several years ago.
If It were me I wouldn't send any and If you do make sure you have a copy because in all likely hood you will never see your tape again.

The Beav

Re: Almighty Video - 05/24/12 07:29 AM

The Beav what are you talking about. No one is sending me any tapes. As I have apologized before I will be happy to do it again. Crap happens. And believe you me if I had them they would be send to you a long time ago like I said then. Seems a lot more than a few tapes got lost in the move from the bush and a divorce. I am sorry I was not able to come up with them. Sorry you are holding on to the grudge so long but I think it is time to move on and film another one.
Posted By: Brushblend

Re: Almighty Video - 05/25/12 03:10 AM

Peace brothers! Let's not let an outdated trivial dispute spoil some excellent footage viewing for everyone on board. F.T., thanks for your effort in providing some good videos, keep up the good work!
Posted By: decoy

Re: Almighty Video - 05/25/12 04:00 PM

FT, Beav sometimes doesn't know or understand what he is saying like calling Bearpaw and Gulo "IDIOTS"..Still shak'n my head on that one.

Re: Almighty Video - 06/09/12 04:41 AM

A beaver fleshing tutorial. Picked up a few tricks. Anyone know the formula he talks about when stretching?

Part 2

A different slant but good too.

Posted By: Aknative

Re: Almighty Video - 06/09/12 08:02 AM

Thanks for sharing those FT!

Re: Almighty Video - 06/26/12 06:03 AM

Okay Bushman's post needs to be retained here. The footage in these 5 min trailers are incredible.

Originally Posted By: Bushman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NDPkV309A&feature=related

check it out. This is the wolf chase I was talking about a couple weeks ago. We filmed the wolf caribou chase off the top of this episode.

And the list.
Episode 2 Bear Elk calf predation

Episode 3 Bear and elk calf predation

Episode 4 Pollinating bat

Episode 5 South America and the Cougar

Episode 6 South America and the Cougar Cont

Re: Almighty Video - 07/01/12 02:19 AM

Here is some awesome Osprey footage.
Posted By: yukontrapper

Re: Almighty Video - 07/01/12 07:06 AM

I bought a contour roam HD camera after watching Akhowlers videos last spring. Should be fun using it this winter. I tried it around the house so far but haven't used it in the field yet. Should be handy out on the line this winter, and for bear, moose, and Speck Hunting. Want to find a mount for my bow and firearms.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/01/12 07:23 AM

Don't forget to share yukon!!

Re: Almighty Video - 07/01/12 08:08 AM

Once i start getting video, i'll have to learn how to upload videos. I have to learn how to edit my videos once i start getting them made. How is your Go-pro working out for ya so far?

Re: Almighty Video - 07/01/12 09:24 PM

Good. Hard to get used to shooting video that you can't see when you take it. Going to do some under water with it this summer.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/02/12 01:41 AM

Thats cool, i haven't shot any kind of video before. But it shold be fun.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 12:45 AM

Thought this should become part of the Almighty video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Jk_4jqZW0

Posted By: NYCOYOTEHOUNDS

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 09:30 AM

Nice video

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 11:52 AM

Thanks for sharing Len! Brings back memories. Have you tried the conventional gear? The way the boats I worked on were set up it was easier to do conventional than snap on, but it looks like you have it figured!

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 05:19 PM

My boat can't handle a lot of weight. I am forced to take my gear to the front of the cabin when not in use to balance things out. 2500 lbs of fish is a big load for my boat. Pushed 3000 but not fun. I fish very limp soft gear so so I can get a lot of line in a brute tub. A lot of the time were baiting as I set the hooks out as well. I put together the whole song and dance to be done by myself if needed. Any guesses on the throttle assembly?
Posted By: Hornhunter

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 08:54 PM

Great video Len, looks like you have a good crew.
Posted By: Top Jimmy

Re: Almighty Video - 09/22/12 10:19 PM

Conventional gear was always setting for speed, like back in the derby days when you had everyone and their brother out there to compete with and you only had a limited amount of time. Object was to get as much out and cover as much ground as you could, then haul it all back and worry about fixing gear later. Very nice set up for what you are doing Len. I kind of wish some of my friends had some of that for when they set subsistance gear. Hauling by hand sucks.

-TJ
Posted By: Tradbow1

Re: Almighty Video - 09/23/12 04:11 AM

great day to be a fisherman indeed thanks for sharing Len! Definatly miss those days!

Re: Almighty Video - 10/18/12 04:08 AM

Beaverpeeler's video.

Posted By: trapper ron

Re: Almighty Video - 10/18/12 05:17 AM

lb thank you for that video of Alex Van Bibber. I knew Alex from many years back, in the early 80's when I used to travel to Yukon and attend their conventions. Great old gentleman. smile

Re: Almighty Video - 11/03/12 08:50 AM

Thought this video was a little different twist on a marten set.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/03/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: trapper ron
lb thank you for that video of Alex Van Bibber. I knew Alex from many years back, in the early 80's when I used to travel to Yukon and attend their conventions. Great old gentleman. smile

No problem, My elders taught me how to trap, so its a real treat to hear them speak on the subject of trapping

Re: Almighty Video - 11/05/12 06:24 AM

Very cool video of an otter trapped on film.. Skip to 7:30. Really shows the power of a 220! Put him out quick

Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Almighty Video - 11/05/12 06:35 AM

Nice video! Is that the same Alex Van Bibber who helped search for the "Mad trapper at Rat river?"
Posted By: Thirdwind

Re: Almighty Video - 11/05/12 05:27 PM

Pretty cool video, and from where i live! Didn't expect to see that on this site, i recognized the accent right away.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 08:44 AM

Family Trapper, how did that guy's fastening system work? Looked slick and easy!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 08:58 AM

I was interested also.
He is using a large snap swivel of some sort. Looks pretty cool for a quick attachment.
This is as close as I could get to a photo of it. They sell them in Homer at the Gear Shed for sport halibut fishing.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:01 AM

lb I have to differ with you. That otter was never snuffed out on that video. Don't think it was a belisle conibear. He was still going when the camera went off. I would have been surprised if it had. To much space there for them to still breathe.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:12 AM

I saw that, but the other end seemed like a slip-in snare or something. I looked like he put the end of the cable around the tree, then put the cable in the end somehow and cinched it down tight and it stayed there. The whole thing was very fast, I may look further into it.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Family Trapper
lb I have to differ with you. That otter was never snuffed out on that video. Don't think it was a belisle conibear. He was still going when the camera went off. I would have been surprised if it had. To much space there for them to still breathe.

You're right FT, went back and watched it again. Thought it was nerves the first time, due to such little twisting. Looks like he's still fighting, even with the good neck catch.

Definatly not a belisles.. I froze the video and zoomed in on it, looks like a northwoods.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:19 AM

I see what your talking about now. The end that goes around the tree he has another quick connect of some kind. Just not enough to see.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:21 AM

ha ha. The should call the Belisles "Lights Out!"
Posted By: Groa

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:23 AM

ha ha. The should call the Belisles "Lights Out!"

No joke. Switched and never looked back.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:27 AM

Here's a better view of the same set up guys. Skip to 2:25 show the set up of the cable and quick clips briefly but you can see it a bit better.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/07/12 09:43 AM

I still couldn't tell what it was, sure works slick though.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/11/12 07:17 AM

2 min 24 seconds. Rough skinning a beaver.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/12 05:32 AM

How to Skin and Flesh a beaver in the Athabaskan native style.
I found this video interesting in how he opens up the beaver. One thing that always adds to the difficulty in both clean and rough skinning is the fat removal on the skin right adjacent to the center cut. Cutting it open after you skin/flesh it would eliminate that. I am going to try it and maybe try and incorporate something similar into my beaver skinning.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/10/12 01:51 AM

Thougth I would add my- Clean skinning a Beaver. This video playlist should take you into all three videos one at a time, one after the other on clean skinning a beaver. Youtube would not let me do and HD Video longer than 15 min so I broke it into three segments. This approx. 60-62 inch beaver is cleaned skinned in less than 19 min. It shows some of the techniques I have come to depend on for doing a clean job relatively fast as well as some new techniques that were just adopted into my methods. The video is shot with a GoPro head cam and provides a video from the unique position of the skinners view. Hope you are able to pick up a few tips from this series of videos.

I would reccommend watching it larger directly on Youtube.

Here is a link to Part 2 of 3 Here is a link to Part 2 of 3

Link to part 3 of 3
Posted By: Castor Gitter

Re: Almighty Video - 12/10/12 04:17 AM

Great post Len. I see similarities in how we skin. I too prefer clean skinning. The use of the hook and line is a great help I agree, hate to not use it. The spade you use is interesting. Never seen that done before. Looks like it works!

My best was 12 minutes, but that was towards end of season one year. At the beginning it was closer to 30.

Keep up the great videos:)

Re: Almighty Video - 12/12/12 02:23 PM

Thanks for sharing the videos Len, almost makes me want to try for a beaver through the ice! Almost.
Posted By: TheFurTrapper

Re: Almighty Video - 12/12/12 03:25 PM

Here's a few Canadian Trapline Videos:
From last seasons:

This season:

I have a ton more video's up that you can view at www.youtube.com/WorldWideOutdoors

Re: Almighty Video - 01/03/13 01:25 PM

"I got an axe to grind." Cool video on axes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3rs-eaN3E&list=WL39D747F06D166DA2
Posted By: Bushman

Re: Almighty Video - 01/04/13 06:27 AM

AK watched it..and learned some new stuff. From an axe-man thanks
Posted By: jimmy henderson

Re: Almighty Video - 03/09/13 03:41 PM

Well my traps have been pulled since the 15 of Feb. , and I took a Vacation to Cuba , and got some time on my hands to watch video's and surf the interweb before I start doing some beaver and rat trapping , I'm not too sure if any of you's watched this one so I figured i'd post it up .
http://youtu.be/FPbz5TDy6fs

Enjoy.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/04/13 06:57 PM

Found this video to be a fun one to watch. A marten caught on camera with a snowshoe hare kill.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/05/13 05:30 AM

Nice!

Re: Almighty Video - 04/05/13 05:31 AM

Posted By: carsonwild

Re: Almighty Video - 04/05/13 09:17 PM

Cool video Family trapper.
Thank you every one for the real informative videos.
Carson

Re: Almighty Video - 04/16/13 04:30 AM

A wonderful documentary of the Russian Sable trappers.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/16/13 08:48 AM

This is a great video and well worth watching for tips about dealing with cold water and hypothermia. How to rescue yourself.
Posted By: rmrwade

Re: Almighty Video - 04/16/13 02:52 PM

FT, thanks a ton for posting the english version of happy village. I enjoyed all 4 hrs of the russian one. It certainly was nice to get some of what they were saying.
does anybody have a good take on that deadfall trigger. like a walk through drawing. I use the one in Krause's vid but that is a bit different. thanks again

Re: Almighty Video - 04/16/13 07:20 PM

rm
I felt much the same way as you on this trigger. I just could not wrap my head around it. Knowing that I was probably not going to ever use it I decided to not pursue it. However last night this youtube was on the side bar of the Happy People.
This video gives a perspective that really explained it well.

Posted By: rmrwade

Re: Almighty Video - 04/16/13 09:56 PM

that was too easy for you I will try to come up with something more challenging next time. thanks a bunch.

Re: Almighty Video - 06/21/13 03:12 AM

Like to save this thread.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/12/13 08:23 AM

Happy People is on Netflix! Watched it today, will probably watch it again. I'm interested in those skis, they look awesome!

Re: Almighty Video - 07/13/13 06:18 AM

I know those skis were very intriguing. Would love to see how they set up the bindings and moose hair.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/30/13 06:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcSFjb4XdM&sns=em

GoPro halibut

Re: Almighty Video - 07/30/13 09:05 AM

That is pretty cool. A few years ago I got into a surface bite with that many halibut around. They attack anything. They would attack the lead weight as often as the bait. My daughter was splashing her hand in the water and almost got bit. She would have had she not taken her hand out of the water.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: Almighty Video - 08/01/13 04:01 AM

capture my hunt. com has some good mounts for firearms and stuff.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 02:59 AM

this is a video that I did and I think it is good. It starts a little slow but it goes to Dall sheep hunting then some wood cutting then a see through log set for wolverine then me trapping and killing a lynx. All in the Canadian arctic, Mackenzie Delta.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 05:22 AM

Nice vid m411. How far did you haul that log for the Gulo set?
The NWT is one of the few places I would want to move to. Canada wouldn't have my kind tho.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 07:25 AM

Enjoyable video Muskrat. Thanks for sharing. Would be fun to be able to hunt sheep like that.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 08:10 AM

I hauled it about 25 miles but it was a drift log so it probably hauled itself down a couple hundred miles from the upper Peel river.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 08:11 AM

Isn't Alaska full of sheep?

Re: Almighty Video - 08/02/13 08:20 AM

Well it has sheep. But to get to just harvest one for food off your snowmobile like that happens in only a few remote areas. There are trophy hunts but that is a whole different story.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/30/13 10:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebossoftheswamp?feature=g-subs-u

This guy has some fun videos.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/05/13 09:09 AM

Trying to learn better how to field dress game..thinking that this year I will leave the bones in the field to save weight.

Any thought on the work this guy does? Any other good or better videos out there? Will be watching more Youtube.

Pocket knife field dressing youtube

Re: Almighty Video - 09/05/13 04:13 PM

Good Stuff Temple. We all find ourself with less than the perfect tool. A pocket knife will do if needed.
I really liked this video. He uses one of my favorite tricks. Using a line to hold the legs where I want them.
The belly hair patch removal is one I would like to try but feel it may be a little hairier than just a single slit.
A saw makes it easier but many times I don't have one with me at gutting time. This guy is truly a professional. We can all learn a few tips from him. His rib meat removal is splendid.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/06/13 01:08 AM

Yeah, his rib boning blew my mind! Will make my life much easier.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/06/13 02:27 AM

I am a pretty close trimmer and not so sure taking between the ribs woud be worth it unless you ground very soon after. And they were very clean in side. Never been a rib eater. But there is a lot of burger outside them for sure. The little quarter inch depth of meat you actually get from between is, well frankly not much worth boning. But I will try this method in the future.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/06/13 05:29 AM

I've been taking them in individual strips for the grinder. I will take them like this now.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/14/13 05:22 PM

Her is a summer video from last year grin

Lets hear your ocean boating stories what type of engine do you use, Where you go to get water.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/23/13 05:33 AM

more video of Aklavik area.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/23/13 06:05 AM

same mountain as last video summer season
lets see you fellows mountain travelling vids. Lets see some climbing and hunting. Enjoy the Richardson Mountains.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/05/13 03:10 AM

some Mackenzie Delta gill netting to liven this thread up. Lake broad white fish in the spring delicious.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/18/13 05:23 PM

Not my videos but these are pretty well done. And show the loading step which I have not found in the archives.
I personally load my snares after building.

Good view of teeth filed in a camlok

Re: Almighty Video - 10/19/13 03:24 AM

new beaver hunting video, first time in years the ice has held off long enough that we have an open water beaver season
Beaver trapping vid up tonight or tomorrow.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/20/13 10:12 PM

Was looking around Youtube last night and stumbled upon this video.
It was an enjoyable watch. Some pretty realistic video situations. Very light on the trapping but great cinematography and just some fun watching. A lot better than the reality shows on tv right now.
A good movie to watch. Be sure to watch on Youtube in full screen. Some great scenes to be in awe of.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/21/13 06:59 AM

I have that movie on DVD. I bought it from Dawson, my buddy Rock built the log cabins in the film. laugh

Re: Almighty Video - 10/31/13 11:36 AM

This guys videos are pretty cool.

I had been clean skinning beaver and wasn't completely satisfied with my results, so after watching his videos I did this;

Happier with this, I just wasn't catching onto the clean skinning.

Been meaning to watch "The Last Trapper" a couple posts up, about 20 minutes in now it's pretty cool!

Be safe out there!

Re: Almighty Video - 10/31/13 03:26 PM

Awesome Temple. Here is a few ideas.

1. Try putting your beam at a more vertical angle. Seems more comfortable for me.
2. Have you tried the shovel and hooks like in my 3 part clean skinning video for the clean skinning part. I think your really onto something there with the two part system. Most errors on a beaver will be made using a two handled flesher on the easy to flesh areas on a beaver. The shovel is really fast and clean. The perfect combination for what your trying to do.
3. Make an apron out of a garbage bag. and tie it around your waist to keep it from sticking. Won't have to deal with the towel.
Fun to develop techniques that work for you. Thanks for sharing. Your now a star.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/01/13 12:06 AM

I'd forgotten about your shovel Len! I'll give it a shot in the spring. Hooks will be on the skinning table next time as well. Be safe out there!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/02/13 12:46 AM

new beaver trapping video for you guys to check out. Been fleshing and using zip ties to close up the legs results are getting better cool

Re: Almighty Video - 11/02/13 01:07 AM

Thanks Muskrat. Anxious to see your swinging susie in action.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/02/13 06:34 AM

Ill go check the ice tomorrow I have one trap to check any ways. Hopefully set a couple swinging suzies. Here is the video from last year just to get you ready. I wish I could find a trail cam that would work under water. That would make a super video. I see fish cams in Canadian Tire that run off a truck battery one of those might work but editing would be a ton of work.
When you starting beaver trapping?

Re: Almighty Video - 11/25/13 07:25 AM

Okay Gary just posted this link on Facebook. Worth watching.
Posted By: Kusko

Re: Almighty Video - 11/25/13 07:54 AM

I'd like to see how the Swamp guy fleshes those thick parts by the front leg and between the ear and front leg. I cut a lot of that ear cartilage off so it dries faster also.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/27/13 06:40 AM

A video that shows the simple change in setup that makes the difference between a 5 to 1 and a 9 to 1 pulley setup.
Good one to watch.

Using just carabiners and small diameter blue steel rope which slides throughout the carabiners easily it makes for a great system to pull things out.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/01/14 01:52 PM

Cool old codger. May have to try to make a pair of snowshoes, he shows a little of how he does it in a couple other videos.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/10/14 02:10 AM

Two winter trapping videos for you trappermen

Re: Almighty Video - 01/10/14 02:11 AM

Her is the second video

Re: Almighty Video - 01/10/14 06:30 AM

Aknative that was a cool find on the snowshoe video. This is great stuff!!!
My favorite part was watching him split the birch with the wedges. Reminded me of the Russian film. Happy People of the Taiga.
Inspires me to try and make a pair some day. Just so I could say I did it.

Here are the companions.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/10/14 06:39 AM

This guy in Ruby is into production. Very cool to see this going on.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/10/14 06:53 AM

Yeah those are good ones. I see the guy from Ruby at AFN and FNA selling his shoes, good looking stuff.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/13/14 04:58 AM

Sheep hunting while scouting for new trapping location

Re: Almighty Video - 01/13/14 07:49 AM

411 Your a hoot in that video. Took me a long time to figure out who the heck lost his sun glasses in the middle of the winter when there was no sun!!! ;0)
And I loved that New video camera telling you to "Stand By" The nerve.
Was an enjoyable video. Thanks.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/14/14 03:33 AM

Thanks FT glad you liked the video. Really glad I did not have to climb that mountain to get that sheep good to have big young boys.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/30/14 12:16 PM

Couple videos on improving a machete.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/14/14 07:56 AM

Tough trapping this year try a product review of my new brush axe
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Almighty Video - 02/18/14 06:59 PM

Check out rjmcleod21 on youtube!
Posted By: jimmy henderson

Re: Almighty Video - 02/18/14 11:13 PM

Possibilities here ,,, too bad it doesn't have a gas engine , with gen-set capabilities ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gcIwrdeP21s

Re: Almighty Video - 02/19/14 04:59 AM

You should post you wolverine videos on the wolverine trapping thread or start you own. Go to the top of this thread for instructions on how to upload.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/19/14 05:54 AM

Here's one of my 90 videos!

Re: Almighty Video - 02/19/14 05:56 AM

My channel trailer.....

Re: Almighty Video - 03/01/14 03:37 PM

May have to look at putting some of this on the bottom of my canoe.

Also, was BSing with Go Devil Stu on the phone the other day, and he mentioned this stuff called Gator Glide. Anybody have experience with it?

Re: Almighty Video - 03/15/14 06:55 AM

Polar bear hunting a seal.

Re: Almighty Video - 03/15/14 08:41 AM

That was cool. Man how did they film those shots. Would have been spectacular had he caught it and drug it up on the ice.
Posted By: adkbrookie

Re: Almighty Video - 03/15/14 04:55 PM

super cool.

they said he could calculate exactly where to pop up to get the seal but he really needed to be a bit to the right.....

Re: Almighty Video - 03/16/14 01:13 AM

My thought exactly brook.
Posted By: Spek Jones

Re: Almighty Video - 03/16/14 02:20 AM

That was a one heck of a stalk! I thought he was going to climb out on the ice behind the seal, but he had a better plan. Some fantastic footage.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/23/14 07:19 AM

This thread is in need of a boost seasons are closed and I need some trapping talk. I'm posting this in hopes of generating some. I was not going to but I really want to read some trapper talk not concerning Al Bundy or the Homeless. I really like the hand of God and climate change threads though. Some real stuff to think about on those sites. Check out the wolverine,hardly moved in the snare. Used a stinger spring. Really efective I could have replaced the snare and the set would have bee fine to reuse if the season was not over.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/23/14 09:09 AM

Good video muskrat. Have you ever tried to choke down your lynx? Fast and no blood.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/23/14 12:42 PM

FT - "That was cool. Man how did they film those shots?"

I understand they had a remote camera inside a fake hunk of floating ice for the water shots. I suspect they filmed all the underwater shots of the bear in advance and just cut them to make a sequence. The hunting scenes were shot with a long lens and some good editing pulled the whole story together. It was a great piece of film and I was pulling for the polar bear. I Wonder what would happen if the bear was stalking an Inuit hunter staking out a blow hole, would a hunter even see the bear sneaking up?

Re: Almighty Video - 04/23/14 03:48 PM

I have not heard of "choke down" if you can explain I will definitely try it. Always good to learn better methods. The reason I started shooting lynx is one time I caught a big lynx I was trying to catch for a while. I got off my ski-doo to walk up to it to put a snare on its neck. It made one final big pull busted out of the trap and took off into the bush. Got me paranoid of loosing my lynx. But if you method works I will try it and include it on the videos next season and give you credit for teaching me something.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/23/14 05:12 PM

Ha Ha. Sounds like you have done it all ready Muskrat. Just a matter of choking the down with something. My preferred method is to use a chunk of 16 gauge wire in a simple noose fastened to a 2-4 foot long pole. It holds its shape better than a snare and easier to fasten to the pole. It is aways with you and easily made up on site if needed.
I hear you on the jump outs however. I always make sure they are caught well to start with. I have had it happen as well. But the method is by far preferred over shooting unless absolutely necessary.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/24/14 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Bushman
FT - "That was cool. Man how did they film those shots?"

I understand they had a remote camera inside a fake hunk of floating ice for the water shots. I suspect they filmed all the underwater shots of the bear in advance and just cut them to make a sequence. The hunting scenes were shot with a long lens and some good editing pulled the whole story together. It was a great piece of film and I was pulling for the polar bear. I Wonder what would happen if the bear was stalking an Inuit hunter staking out a blow hole, would a hunter even see the bear sneaking up?

If the bear was stalking a hunter there would be a PETA supporter having a Coke and a smile cheering "Go Bear"

Re: Almighty Video - 04/24/14 08:50 AM

Wow this is as good of outdoor documentary as I have seen on youtube. Killer Whales vs Sharks. Pretty clear winner. Outstanding footage.
Reserve 45 min to watch it.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/25/14 07:11 AM

New Muskrat411 video

Re: Almighty Video - 04/25/14 08:13 AM

You crack me up Muskrat. Always entertaining to watch your video. I was getting ready for a fun water crossing. Then I saw the rocks on the bottom.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/28/14 06:51 AM

Wow I want one of these.
I can think of a good use for this.

Would not post in video format
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztWx1Xo0KE#t=117

Apparently putting together a business to produce them in Russia.
http://www.mtv-t.ru
Hope we see them someday.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/01/14 02:43 PM

Pulling out the wall tent and some traditional knowledge

Re: Almighty Video - 05/08/14 06:19 AM

Brad Stine on animal rights and fur.

Posted By: Birchcreekkid

Re: Almighty Video - 05/08/14 04:32 PM

Masii choo...........
Originally Posted By: muskrat411
Pulling out the wall tent and some traditional knowledge
wink
Posted By: TrappingWorld

Re: Almighty Video - 05/09/14 01:18 AM

I had a lynx one time that as I approached it and it jumped the wire broke and the lynx took off down the trail with a # 2 longspring on it's foot. Kinda stunned for a second I took off running after it and in under 200 yards I caught up to it and chased it up a tree. Grabbing a good branch I climbed up after it and smoked him right out of the tree.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:04 AM

I had that happen too. Trying to get good photos for an article in the TPC. Was dragging a trap. I sent my son after it to chase it out of the willows while I cruised the border. At one point I saw it. It had hung up in the crotch of an alder tree. If he had walked my way at al it would have been free. So I pressed it fast with looped wire in hand. His foot and trap caught in the crotch. I put a loop over the head and ended that potential loss. Was my lucky day. No gun!
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:09 AM

I might as well add mine here click on the youtube at the bottom to watch full screen and turn up the sound.

Moose Hunting

Goose Hunting

Commercial Fishing Salmon

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:14 AM

Checking The Under Ice Net.

My Steam Bath House

Black Fish Fishing

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:18 AM

Picking Tundra Tea

Logging on the Yukon

Salmon Berry Hunting

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:25 AM

Man got me excited I thought you were logging already. You see that video of the caribou flotting down the Porcupine river on the ice during the break up in Old Crow. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/caribou-adrift-as-ice-breaks-up-near-old-crow-yukon-1.2636302 Not sure if it works but there is a link to it from CBC North. Now that would be cool logging for caribou.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:26 AM

Burbot Fishing

Comerical Dip netting On the Yukon

Yukon River Breakup

More Break Up Video

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/14 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: muskrat411
Man got me excited I thought you were logging already. You see that video of the caribou flotting down the Porcupine river on the ice during the break up in Old Crow. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/caribou-adrift-as-ice-breaks-up-near-old-crow-yukon-1.2636302 Not sure if it works but there is a link to it from CBC North. Now that would be cool logging for caribou.

We have open water here the ice is out but more from upriver to come for sure I will be watching out my window for those caribou. smile
Posted By: Taiga men

Re: Almighty Video - 05/16/14 03:52 AM

Wow I want one of these.
I can think of a good use for this.

Would not post in video format
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztWx1Xo0KE#t=117

Apparently putting together a business to produce them in Russia.
http://www.mtv-t.ru
Hope we see them someday.

This all-terrain vehicle not the practical. My friend made for a driving on bogs the all-terrain vehicle, of the old motorcycle

At us in the city one guy does good all-terrain vehicles, here his channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/uvat2006/videos

Re: Almighty Video - 05/21/14 04:56 PM

Our ice is gone now aswell, no logs not even sticks water is so low. Tough to even hunt muskrats you cant chase them through the bush with boat the thick parts of the willows are still out and the boat gets hung up.
Posted By: paysho

Re: Almighty Video - 05/27/14 07:40 PM

Here is one I think you would like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFCxxAKafc
Posted By: paysho

Re: Almighty Video - 05/27/14 07:57 PM

You might also enjoy:

https://www.nfb.ca/playlist/unikkausivut-sharing-our-stories/

Re: Almighty Video - 06/05/14 08:29 AM

Muskrat hunting adventure in the Mackenzie Delta

Re: Almighty Video - 06/17/14 09:21 PM

Moose at the fence, darn rat got by me when I went to get the kid and the camera.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/09/14 02:19 PM

Handsaw sharpening.

Re: Almighty Video - 07/18/14 03:47 AM

The guys over on the Canadian trapping forum helped me find this one I really like it

Re: Almighty Video - 07/18/14 03:50 AM

Does any one have part three and four? I understand they exist but they never come on PBS. If possible post them!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/14 08:44 PM

Found it FT!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/14 09:18 PM

Cool. Does not come up in the search for me. Even now.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/14 09:21 PM

Along the same lines as Happy People of the Taiga.
I would love to watch more of this reindeer herding on home made skis. ;0)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDY-aUru_bs

This is the movie trailer it is based off of. Like to see the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cED2Bz5vRIM

Re: Almighty Video - 11/14/14 06:50 PM

I see the ll might Video thread is active again Wahooo!
My caribou hunt from last week on the Yukon North Slope.
Posted By: dapa

Re: Almighty Video - 11/15/14 07:23 PM

Family Trapper,would you know who sing the song on the video Family and Friend on the Trapline and where I could be able to get that song?

dapa

Re: Almighty Video - 11/16/14 07:11 AM

I do not.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/21/14 09:33 PM

Good video musky, I could've shot caribou right out the door!!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/21/14 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryan McLeod
Good video musky, I could've shot caribou right out the door!!

I was thinking your Little girl would have got her first caribou that day if you were in camp. Probably a neck shot, chip off the old block.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/10/14 05:10 AM

You Alaskans will probably like this movie if you have not seen it yet.
Posted By: crookedpaddler

Re: Almighty Video - 12/10/14 05:17 PM

I am looking forward to watching that movie! I have heard many stories of George and his sprint racing exploits from one of his rivals, Don Beland.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/11/14 05:02 AM

I enjoyed the George Attla movie muskrat. Thanks for posting it.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/11/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: crookedpaddler
I am looking forward to watching that movie! I have heard many stories of George and his sprint racing exploits from one of his rivals, Don Beland.

I have not met George Atla but I did really enjoy the movie also. There is a modern version of the movie aswell. I believe one of the dog racing Erharts is in that one.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/26/14 08:12 AM

Sorry my last post, now deleted I discovered was the wrong one. ;0) But fun to watch none the less.
Here is the one I wanted. Braving Alaska. Has Heimo on it. National Geographic. Older
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlPzlmqp7tI
Posted By: NUTS

Re: Almighty Video - 12/26/14 12:22 PM

I recently found this video and man I LOVED it!

Re: Almighty Video - 01/09/15 07:15 AM

Cool series of videos here.

Posted By: Doogie

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/15 03:41 AM

Moving this to the Almighty Video so I dont have to keep searching FTs posts to find it lol

Complete "Happy People"
Originally Posted By: Swed in Norway

Re: Almighty Video - 01/20/15 06:02 AM

Good Idea. Hate when things get buried.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/22/15 02:29 AM

Just finished watching the complete "Happy People", defiantly worth the watch. I can not believe how little of the Winter segment was used for "Happy People of the Tiga". I was surprised a fur buyer came to town just to by squirrels when he knows none of the trappers do not return with any sable till New Years. I wonder if any ship to auction or if they all sell in the country or in the city.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/22/15 03:02 AM

Winter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCs8qi3R0U

Re: Almighty Video - 01/22/15 04:07 AM

Yeah I watched all four parts of "Happy People" Seems like they used more of the Spring and Summer segments in "Happy People of Tiga" Than the Fall and Winter segments.

Re: Almighty Video - 01/22/15 04:43 AM

The fur buying was a crazy site.
Some of those marten were stretched as wide as they were long? And they weighed them to measure. Not a length. So I guess it did not matter as much when selling them locally. But I wonder how they do on the auction front. Seemed very backwards to me.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/06/15 05:57 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 02/07/15 06:51 AM

Hehe. Just stumbled on the Johnny Skeptical videos on Youtube. Funny stuff!

Re: Almighty Video - 03/31/15 02:57 PM

Top.

Family Trapper, I found it by looking through my posts.
Posted By: Birchcreekkid

Re: Almighty Video - 03/31/15 05:07 PM

Re: Almighty Video - 04/01/15 06:07 AM

Good video Birch, I miss the days when our lakes use to have muskrats. We have been going through a decade long down spell. I hope they come back some day.
Posted By: trappertom52

Re: Almighty Video - 04/01/15 12:24 PM

Love the kids excitement. Yay daddy!
Posted By: Dale Torma

Re: Almighty Video - 04/01/15 04:31 PM

I used to watch George at the sprint races in Ely. Cool videos!

I especially like the ski making and reindeer one.
Posted By: 316

Re: Almighty Video - 08/07/15 11:26 PM

Back to the top, Please.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/07/15 11:51 PM

Finn house building video...

Re: Almighty Video - 08/16/15 05:01 PM

Another older one from Finland for you boatbuilders or those dreaming of boatbuilding
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7BdhOZZ_c

Re: Almighty Video - 08/27/15 11:16 PM

Hunting caribou along the Yukon North Slope
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=g_3UOWMt78A&video_referrer=watch[/video]
This does not seem to be posting correctly but its a good video check it out on youtube if it does not work on here

Re: Almighty Video - 08/28/15 03:02 AM

Muskrat your youtube link is all mess up. edit?video-id ????
Redo I suggest
Think your looking for this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_3UOWMt78A

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/15 04:10 AM

Thank you Family Trapper I don't know what I did wrong but I could not get it to post properly.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/15 05:12 AM

Figured this might as well become part of the Almighty Video Selection.

Never thought I would see the day that one of my daughters would be able to smoke me in filleting halibut.
With just shy of 1500 halibut my daughter Jenna has had a lot of practice on halibut this summer. And it shows.
Not a lot of wasted movements there.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/15 03:37 PM

That's awesome, like a filleting machine, only faster.
Posted By: Vance in AK

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/15 07:45 PM

FT, saw that one on a friends face book page to (Bill Johnson at Kako). He speaks well of her. Our church has been going up every fall for about 5 years cutting firewood for them.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/15 09:55 PM

Vance the video posted on Facebook has gone viral. Alaska Chicks shared it among a 1000 others since yesterday. Over 60,000 view as of right now and growing a 1000's an hour or so . Pretty crazy
https://www.facebook.com/len.fabich/videos/10200948680875437/

Re: Almighty Video - 08/30/15 11:58 PM

Nice mentoring there Len. Can she flesh a beaver as fast?

Re: Almighty Video - 08/31/15 12:41 AM

She was never into the fur prep. She would have been good at it however.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/15 11:16 AM

Up to the top once more.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/15 09:17 PM

Posted By: Hiline Bob

Re: Almighty Video - 11/12/15 11:59 PM

Figured this might as well become part of the Almighty Video Selection.

Never thought I would see the day that one of my daughters would be able to smoke me in filleting halibut.
With just shy of 1500 halibut my daughter Jenna has had a lot of practice on halibut this summer. And it shows.
Not a lot of wasted movements there.

WOW! I'm impressed. I worked in a cannery in Valdez and I don't doubt that she could out fillet anyone that worked there at the time!! Good for her. cool

Re: Almighty Video - 11/18/15 07:03 AM

Posted By: rockymtnman

Re: Almighty Video - 11/18/15 05:30 PM

Always been a favorite of mine.

Dick Proenneke is THE MAN!!!

Re: Almighty Video - 11/19/15 12:53 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 12/11/15 08:48 PM

Bringing the Almighty Video to the top with an awesome salmon film on Vimeo. Takes a while to load. Shot with a drone and some incredible footage.
http://twistedsifter.com/videos/drone-captures-alaskan-sockeye-salmon-run-from-above/

Re: Almighty Video - 01/08/16 11:52 PM

ttt
Posted By: Nick McDade

Re: Almighty Video - 02/08/16 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Doogie
Moving this to the Almighty Video so I dont have to keep searching FTs posts to find it lol

Complete "Happy People"
Originally Posted By: Swed in Norway

Just thought id let yuns know that these videos have had a takedown notice filed against them by a "music box films" for supposed copyright infringement. I found their website and sent them a less than plesant email explaining my thoughts on what they are doing. MBF don't even offer the full version for sale anyhow.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/08/16 09:32 AM

Beaver puts up a pretty good fight with this wolf. Cool video.

Re: Almighty Video - 02/27/16 09:13 PM

Lets get all the Almighty's together on the front page.

Saskamusher's staking machine for stretching hides.
For discussion and further information go to the tanning thread.
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...eat#Post5435646

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1tGXt9LPc&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: saskamusher

Re: Almighty Video - 02/28/16 01:48 AM

hey FT that turned out ok i ll make u a better one some time when i have a camera man lol kinda tough machine to run with one hand and hold my phone with the other , but it kinda shows the concept .

Re: Almighty Video - 02/29/16 07:10 AM

Tanning process. Also this link is located on the tanning thread for discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo2BpzG_thQ

Re: Almighty Video - 04/03/16 09:16 AM

Not trapping related but an enjoyable documentary about the Alaska King Crab Fishery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBBBf5TjkQw

Re: Almighty Video - 04/15/16 06:51 PM

Posted By: Ayakulik

Re: Almighty Video - 04/15/16 11:51 PM

AK, We watched that one with my Village Science Class. It's short but pretty good.

Re: Almighty Video - 04/29/16 07:27 AM

Dale you will like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwIH2pmxmE

Re: Almighty Video - 07/17/16 06:17 PM

Back to the top.

Re: Almighty Video - 03/02/17 03:32 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 03/10/17 01:21 PM

Re: Almighty Video - 03/24/17 01:33 AM

This is a pretty cool look into FHA Helsinki.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/10/17 06:54 AM

Summer update video by Muskrat411
Yukonjeff check out the berries on this video.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/10/17 07:53 AM

Nice... looks like you found the mother load. It gets like that here sometimes.Not this year though. Its a blueberry year around here this year. I am still picking and making jam.

Re: Almighty Video - 09/10/17 05:51 PM

Our blue berries don't get very big. Takes forever to pick enough for anything. Not a fan of picking them but Margo uses them for pancakes. Do you get cranberries? Ours are just rip penning up. Going to start picking on Tuesday. Snow in in the mountains this morning.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/12/17 08:22 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 12/12/17 09:53 AM

That was awesome Temple. Thanks for posting. A lot of fun watching how natural resources can be utilized so well.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/03/18 05:28 AM

Bump.

Re: Almighty Video - 05/04/18 09:36 AM

Wow you must have it book marked .;0)

Re: Almighty Video - 05/04/18 06:43 PM

I looked through my posts and found one on this.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/03/18 01:35 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/19 03:41 AM

I drew the walk in Delta Controlled use sheep hunt. I couldn't get in for the opener, when I did get in it was rainy and foggy, then it changed gears to snow and fog. A pack of coyotes thought I was pretty interesting, and I did see a few sheep. I can't check Dall sheep off the list, I'm gonna go again.
Posted By: FullFreezer

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/19 04:03 AM

Great video.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/10/19 04:38 AM

Thanks! I didn't want to make it at all because I skunked, but it happens.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/11/19 04:23 AM

You're a sheep hunter now AK. Some guys go a decade before getting a sheep but I got a feeling you'll close the deal faster than that. I liked your video

Re: Almighty Video - 10/11/19 06:48 AM

I'm not sure I'm a sheep hunter, I just know I can't check it off the to do list until it's done. Thanks for the view!
Posted By: rosscoak

Re: Almighty Video - 10/11/19 07:22 AM

Good video, you had some wx for sure. No doubt the 203 is way harder
Curious coyotes!

Re: Almighty Video - 10/27/19 04:32 AM

Still fall time in The Interior! Daughter is pretty vocal in the backpack, but she had fun. We carved our annual pumpkins. Then one day while running errands with my bow in the car and my cow tag in my wallet I drove by a cow moose in the neighborhood! She's made good eats.

Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Almighty Video - 10/27/19 04:39 AM

AWESOME!!!
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: Almighty Video - 10/27/19 08:24 PM

Nice video
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Almighty Video - 10/28/19 03:01 AM

Wonderful history you are recording , Temple.

Fathers and daughters are a unique treasure that is forever cherished . What you did with your wee one will forever be loved and enjoyed by herself .

What I would have given for the technology years ago , to have on digital history, the amazing fun things my father taught and did with me years ago. Himself teaching me to fly planes at 16 years old...art, and riding among the best show horses in the country at that time ....

Those videos of fun, smiles and life as you teach love of the outdoors are more cherished than gold.

Thank you for sharing with the Tman Tribe .
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Almighty Video - 10/28/19 03:28 AM

Man Temple, that flank looks good.
mt

Re: Almighty Video - 11/01/19 06:47 AM

Shucks, thanks you guys! I don't get them out as much as I want, but when I can we get out.

We've been sewing like crazy for the Alaska Federation of Native Customary Arts Show, as well as other bazaars. I managed to get my younger kids out grousing and chasing rabbits, split and stacked some wood for next winter as I'm trying to get a two year stack going. The moose is aging well, I've been experimenting with some bone in cooking, including T bones!

It's hard to squeeze everything we want in the hours we have.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/22/19 08:30 PM

We've been selling our wares at bazaars and the trapping season has started! I finished putting up this year's moose, with the perfect weather and enclosed shop I was able to hang the last pieces for 5 weeks. It just tastes better and better! We haul our own water and heating fuel, and the kids help pack firewood.

Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Almighty Video - 11/24/19 05:28 AM

Aknative that moose meat is making me drool brother! smile Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Stan Z

Re: Almighty Video - 11/24/19 08:42 AM

Made this out running my trapline one day. Got 50 or so videos on my YouTube channel. Stan

Re: Almighty Video - 01/17/20 03:57 PM

Here's an interesting take on heating a tent.

Re: Almighty Video - 08/29/20 01:54 AM

Ought not let a good thread die.

We had a slow summer. My wife had been wanting an RV for some time, we pulled the trigger this year on one that was a good deal. Even after re caulking windows, reframing some rot, and repaneling some on the inside, it was still an okay deal, as long as she's happy. We only got it out on 3 trips this year, if the winter doesn't crush it hopefully it'll get more use next year.

Here's a video of our Valdez trip. The boys had a blast! I set them up with snagging hooks for pinks, and for a bit they were ripping them in faster than I could club'em gill'em and put'em on the stringer.

Be safe out there!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Almighty Video - 08/30/20 01:55 AM

Great fun time, Temple ! Those kids will be choppin cords before you know it.

RV's have their place . Home away from home without roughing it too much. What is done here is folks park theirs under a log or pole open sided pavilion , steep metal roof, that provides great protection from snow load. With your building skills, no problem for you, if you want, and squeeze the time in.

Great fun in summer hours.

Big cool down rolling in here- and snow predicted already in the mountains ! End of fire season.

Stay safe ...thank you for the share.

Re: Almighty Video - 11/26/20 03:17 AM

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VHmKSCf3BPe2UuXWI4KcPhsH77uS6VW[/video]

2016 Trapping Season Playlist

Re: Almighty Video - 11/26/20 03:20 AM

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VHmKSCf3BM1U9pj6CmlXlY1kaN2gfA9[/video]

2017 trapping season playlist

Re: Almighty Video - 11/26/20 03:21 AM

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VHmKSCf3BP3PAqLdHsQUuex4b0NDEb4[/video]
2018 Trapping season playlist

Re: Almighty Video - 11/26/20 03:23 AM

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VHmKSCf3BPvOBAEM4rKh-cqGakqCFnc[/video]

2019 trapping season playlist

Re: Almighty Video - 02/22/21 05:44 AM

Re: Almighty Video - 08/05/21 04:10 PM

Any good summer videos to post on this thread?
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Almighty Video - 08/06/21 03:40 PM

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Almighty Video - 08/06/21 03:41 PM

Posted By: wolfcrazy

Re: Almighty Video - 08/07/21 05:00 AM

How to get out of snow shoveling

Re: Almighty Video - 08/12/21 05:35 AM

We dragged the RV to Valdez to snag up some pinks and pick some berries. The pinks got smoked and canned, make better canned tuna than tuna. Berries were frozen, and will be used in jams or akutaq (Eskmo Ice Cream) later.

Re: Almighty Video - 06/17/22 04:35 PM

Hunting crane, swan, geese and ducks on Yukon North Slope / NWT border, frozen up there yet.

Re: Almighty Video - 10/17/22 03:53 PM

Fishing video late fall fishing and some pictures off my trail cameras. Mostly off my Spypoint Micro cellular cameras as I have not been out to check my regular cameras yet.

Re: Almighty Video - 12/01/22 11:04 PM

The porcupine caribou herd showed up this year been out a couple times. Caribou hunting is busy work in the short day light not much for videos yet. Hope they stay for the bright sun to come back in February

Re: Almighty Video - 05/10/23 03:11 PM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums