Home

Most unique wolf!

Posted By: cat catcher

Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 05:26 AM

This is the most unique wolf I ever caught, was in a pack of 14.

Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 05:59 AM

That looks different for sure. How much did he bring, and did you sell him at auction or to a taxidermist, If you don't mind my asking? Or did you mount him. Looks like a bandit.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 01:22 PM

Looks like some sled dog blood in there...
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 03:09 PM

Maybe he came over the ice fields from Juneau, he was by the glaciers. I thought maybe a husky too but all his body is all wolf. he was a long ways from nearest town and and with a big pack of black and grey ones. DNR has sampled it and they even say wolf. He is different for sure. I have him at the taxidermists for myself, but if the hide turns out good I might sell it. Not sure,what I should ask for it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 05:15 PM

That's the unique glacier spirit wolf.
Take some greenies on a viewing of the pack,for a couple grand a pop.
Get a couple of your buddies to hide out and howl,so if the greenies don't see one they will still have a great wilderness connection with the glacier spirit wolf.
Great catch by the way.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/10/18 10:24 PM

Very interesting looking wolf that's true ! I agree with Pete it does look a bit like a sled dog. As well as the large canine that was shot not to far from here a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 02:02 AM

Wow. I'm with Pete and Allan, would have bet everything there was domestic dog in that wolf. Then again if the DNR says it's all wolf I guess it's so.
Great catch, congrats.

Osky
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 02:28 AM

Hugh Neff just called. He said he wants his dog back.

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 03:38 PM

I thought wolf and dog DNA was so close that positice tests were hard to get.
mt
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 05:15 PM

you Wouldn't know whether to pet it or shoot it at first glance.
Never less Pet, good job!
Posted By: watarrat

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 05:33 PM

Crappie was 1/2 wolf and a good puller, whenever he got loose all small animals would disappear though.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/12/18 10:41 PM

I cant think of any really unique ones but some that I would call rare (at least for here) would be the silver-blue ones or the "redheads". Excellent looking animals. A black one one time that was so dark and shiny that it looked purple. A pure white one with curly hair (part poodle?) Lots with injuries ranging from broken legs, ribs, teeth, snout, missing feet to being full of porky quills. Some bald ones and some with LOOOOONG flowing hair. Shot a few with heads that looked way too big for their body. A big female with jet black underfur and pure white guard hair
I used to have a half wolf dog too. She was huge and would run away sometimes for as long as 2 weeks. She'd come back fatter than when she left. some of her pups were really wild and some were perfectly behaved 1/4 wolves that wouldn't bark at people but would rip another dogs throat out without hesitation.
You just never know whats at the end of those big old tracks.
Posted By: Hover-Lover

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/16/18 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: cat catcher
Maybe he came over the ice fields from Juneau, he was by the glaciers.

I'll keep an eye out for sled dog / wolf crosses on this side of the ice :-)
Posted By: white17

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/17/18 12:49 AM

Hey Aaron.........anyone ever tell you those blades are on backwards ? the leading edge goes the other way. laugh
Posted By: Hover-Lover

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/17/18 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: white17
Hey Aaron.........anyone ever tell you those blades are on backwards ? the leading edge goes the other way. laugh

You're telling me Ken ... had to relearn how to fly when I switched to these helis !

Sorry for the hijack, Cat catcher !
Posted By: Osky

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/21/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: white17

Mr White how do you know from the picture which way he was gonna go??

Osky
Posted By: white17

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/21/18 04:53 PM

Easy.......just look at the shadows laugh
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/22/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Pete in Frbks
Looks like some sled dog blood in there...

We see a good many 'coyotes' with the exact same color and pattern /markings here in the lower 'forty eight',mainly in the eastern and southern states. Except for their outward appearance, the appear in body type, weight and mannerism, to be all coyote.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/22/18 08:55 PM

Of all the coyotes I got they are not like that one and I got them in the state of MA and here in IA.That is rear to see where I have trap.yes we have coydogs here,I caught 2 and had them as pets when they where puppies when I got them in my coyote set.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Most unique wolf! - 06/22/18 11:34 PM

Iowa isn't in the south or east the last time I checked. Those areas have a good many of coyotes with facial markings, not unlike many husky or shepherd type dogs.
Images like those are posted on FB trapping pages all the time.
Seems I've seen one a few months back on Kristen's site.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums