Home

Honeybee swarm capture.

Posted By: gibb

Honeybee swarm capture. - 06/13/19 02:13 AM

Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Honeybee swarm capture. - 06/13/19 07:51 AM

Pretty cool Jim. Glad they stayed for you.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Honeybee swarm capture. - 06/14/19 02:49 AM

Jim what I noticed and you quoated that the end colonys did not do well. There was no patterns on the front of your boxes for the bees to orientate back to their hives.

Bringing a new swarm close to your hives is like going to a house of illrepute , you are going to come back with something to haunt you. Because of disease a 200 yard separation should occure for the first 3 months.
Posted By: old243

Re: Honeybee swarm capture. - 06/15/19 02:27 AM

Jim , Nice video, glad you noticed and caught them. Has really been wet and cold here. Our dandelions are almost over. I have 2 big hay fields, that were full of dandelions. On nice days they were very busy.. The entrance boards were yellow with pollen.. Got a queen excluder and super on them. I have been checking for swarm cells. Made some 2 frame nucs. put the frame with the cell on it in there., with extra bees, and another frame. So far I have two mated queens in them. Have sugar water on them till they get going. Very interesting . old243
Posted By: old243

Re: Honeybee swarm capture. - 06/15/19 09:01 PM

The 2 frame nucs that I made and use, are explained , on barnyard bees , u tube .Plans and dimentions, as well. He raises queens an nucs for sale. He runs a bunch of them. . I like to experiment, have , two queens hatched and mated , so far. Good luck . old 243
© 2024 Trapperman Forums