Home

Look at these coyote prices

Posted By: drasselt

Look at these coyote prices - 01/20/20 06:50 AM

This is a copy/paste from the main page. North Dakota Trappers Association fur sale. Heckuva an average if you ask me. One thing mentioned was that overall the coyotes were very well handled:

Here is what I cam up with for finished coyotes. I am not going to say it's 100% but it should be close enough to give you an ideal.
104 coyotes NS $38.56 avg offer
91 NO bid coyotes
1132 sold coyotes 128.57 average.
With the No sales and no bids added in 109.67 average
The no bids and NO sale coyotes were junk at best. It was easy to see the difference in what sold well and what didn't sell.

Last edited by MJM; Yesterday at 01:12 PM.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/20/20 03:52 PM

What I have seen in my neck of the woods anyways on coyotes is a lot of folks have heard coyote prices are really good and have been out hunting them. Bringing in dogs shot two and three times with varmint rounds thinking they have $100 coyotes being severely disappointed. There are a lot of those dogs hitting the market right now so we need to acknowledge somehow the averages are going to show a flood of bad dogs hitting the sale floor. You can only patch up so much.
Posted By: The Spruce

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 12:34 AM

Lung shots with a 17 cal Vmax. no sewing required, rarely even any clean up required (borax at best). Leaves a smaller hole than a tooth.

Spruce

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 04:36 PM

Years ago I developed a load for my 6mm (.244) with fmj bullets that would leave a pencil hole in, a pencil hole out and a dead coyote. Originally I thought I needed velocity so I souped-up the powder charge. Sewing holes big enough to stick your head through convinced me to drop the powder charge and then it was off to the races.
Lost that rifle, don't ask how.
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 05:49 PM

I'd love to hear that story! smile Hope those prices hold for yotes, x2 better then last year smile

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 06:36 PM

Here's another c/p. Preliminary results from Idaho Trappers Association sale.

[i]
Top coyote was bought by American for 267 I believe. Over 2,200 coyotes, Ryan bought 1,700 of them or so. My personal coyote lot averaged $134. A lot of people averaged $140 s or $150 s for theirs.
[/i]

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 06:38 PM

If the Idaho sale averages 120 or so that will be in line with the Nodak sale.

HFT I bet you have some nice coyotes, you should do well.

As for the rifle I'll just say it was lost in action; didn't float.
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/21/20 07:08 PM

Hahaha! I figured as much smile I went sea duck hunting while stationed up in MA with two guys and a dog. We were about a mile out in the Atlantic, 200 ft or so deep, and we were nailing surf scooters and eiders pretty good. My buddy had a awesome retriever and every time he saw a duck drop he bailed overboard and got it. Well the other guy put his brand new Remington 11-87 in the front of the boat, barrel sticking out, we shot at some ducks, one dropped, and that dog used that shotgun as a diving board smile That gun flipped into the water and sank smile The facial expressions and ensuing argument between those two guys about who's fault it was, was hilarious smile

Hoping to pick up a few more yotes before they start rubbing, the last one was beauty smile
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Look at these coyote prices - 01/25/20 11:39 PM

The Idaho sale average was brought down by a lot of eastern coyotes sent in, and a lot of Arizona yotes. Without those I'm curious what the western dog average would be. $89 and change was the average with hundreds of those thrown in. I think they were in the mid $30 to low $50s range
© 2024 Trapperman Forums