Home

Back in the saddle!

Posted By: Kusko

Back in the saddle! - 01/27/20 09:24 PM

Of my SWT that is! In May of 2018, I blew my knee out. That wasn't going to be too bad of a recovery until I blew my back out a month later. So, two back surgeries and a knee surgery kind of puts a person in the Lazy Boy for quite some time. Anyhow, I didn't get to trap at all last year, so this year I'm testing my back (it doesn't care for certain positions). We have some wolves on our line and Saturday we picked up this 92lb male. He looks rubbed, but I think that is the way the fur is going because he didn't seem to bad when I skinned him. Fingers crossed for a few more this year. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/27/20 09:41 PM

Good deal! Loved following your adventures! Hope you stay healthy and connect with a bunch more wolves!
Posted By: badgerboy14

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/27/20 10:23 PM

Good to see you back, always enjoyed your journals in the past.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/27/20 10:48 PM

Way to go.Awesome
Posted By: bfisch

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/27/20 11:00 PM

Nice one!
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 02:00 AM

Back in action. Good to hear from you, Kusko.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 02:24 AM

Wow that is a great picture. Glad you're feeling well enough to wolf trap. Nice catch!
Posted By: Jacks

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 03:44 AM

Kusko

Really glad to see your back at it, hope you stay healthy. But we really would like to see the pics and update from the real trapper in the family???
Posted By: smalltimetrapper

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 06:19 AM

Good to hear from you, thought you had joined the granola crunchers or something! Glad to see it was only back surgery! Congrats on the woof!
Posted By: spotter

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 09:54 AM

Good to see you back on the line and catching some fur. Do you ride on your knees much? That’s what got mine.
Posted By: takotna

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 02:34 PM

Cool Rafe!! Now go get the rest!!
Posted By: trappin moose

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 03:46 PM

Right on! Glad you are feeling better. Take it easy picking up those wolves if you have a bad back. Sheesh!! smile
Posted By: broncoformudv

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 04:35 PM

Good to hear your back and knee are mended up and you are back trapping. Nice wolf!
Posted By: white17

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 05:00 PM

Hey Rafe ! Good for you !

Are you still working the same gig ?
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 06:10 PM

Welcome back! You must be setting for other critters too?
mt

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jacks
Kusko

Really glad to see your back at it, hope you stay healthy. But we really would like to see the pics and update from the real trapper in the family???

He's right here. Super busy like his Dad. He only caught 4 this year as we were juggling wrestling, archery, snaring and now basketball.

[Linked Image]

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by white17
Hey Rafe ! Good for you !

Are you still working the same gig ?

Yup, trapping the same area. Jetboat Ben and Cavscout are still my partners, but they can't always commit due to family. I'm not hitting it nearly as hard as I used to. We are trapping a little of everything. We have sets for otter, marten, wolverine, lynx and wolves. Right now I only have 20 sets out. If it's not -143 below zero on Saturday, I hope to set a few more.

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by spotter
Good to see you back on the line and catching some fur. Do you ride on your knees much? That’s what got mine.

Not really too much. Both of my knee surgeries (left and right) are a product of sports. The back is a product of snow machines and boats. smile
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/28/20 09:59 PM

nice catch on the wolf but it looks like its developing a mohawk which ive heard is due to lice. about 8 out of 10 dogs are mohawk wolves on my line.
Posted By: g smith

Re: Back in the saddle! - 01/30/20 04:52 AM

Very good
Posted By: smalltimetrapper

Re: Back in the saddle! - 03/06/20 07:21 AM

Nice wolf!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums