Home

mountain lion hunt

Posted By: yukon254

mountain lion hunt - 02/07/20 06:47 PM

Heres a video of a lion hunt I did a few years ago in Alberta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPVXuhEu1R8&t=0s
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/07/20 08:28 PM

Awesome video.Congrats.
Posted By: Bushwhack Jack

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/07/20 08:33 PM

That look fun. I'd love to do that someday. Thanks for the share.
Posted By: Boco

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 03:17 AM

Nice Video.Looks like a great time.
What'd you do with the cat?
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 04:47 AM

That looked like a wonderful time. Congratulations on a big Tom. Nobody got their rides stuck?
My number one hunt I want to do. I don’t want to use a bow, though.

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I traded a couple of real nice wolf hides to a taxidermist and had him do a full body mount.
Posted By: broncoformudv

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 04:22 PM

That looked like a fun time, nice cat! I have always wanted to do a lion hunt with dogs. One of these days I will make it happen.
Posted By: Bravo Bad Back

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Boco

I traded a couple of real nice wolf hides to a taxidermist and had him do a full body mount.

That looked really fun (except the guy that was working the throttle on the snowmachine like a 4 year old). Ive never seen one in the wild, love to see the mount !!

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 09:10 PM

That looked really fun (except the guy that was working the throttle on the snowmachine like a 4 year old). Ive never seen one in the wild, love to see the mount !!

Man you nailed that !! That snow machine drove us all nuts!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigSky

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 10:34 PM

That looks awesome, Dave!
Posted By: smalltimetrapper

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 10:47 PM

That's awesome, looks like fun. I bet those cats could drag you through some pretty nasty going before they decide to try. You'd want to pack a lunch!

Did Tim mount that?

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by smalltimetrapper
That's awesome, looks like fun. I bet those cats could drag you through some pretty nasty going before they decide to try. You'd want to pack a lunch!

Did Tim mount that?

Yea he did Nate, its actually still in his shop.....I need to build an addition before I have room for it!
Posted By: Bravo Bad Back

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/08/20 11:09 PM

That's a beauty !!
Posted By: tucker13

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/10/20 04:38 AM

Funny was going through you tube the other day and saw that and wondered if it was you, I must say could stand the guy doing all the talking though.

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/10/20 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by tucker13
Funny was going through you tube the other day and saw that and wondered if it was you, I must say could stand the guy doing all the talking though.

Your opinion of him would change if you ever met him. I've met a lot of guys in my years guiding and he is hands down one of the nicest most generous guys you will ever know. As an example when I did that hunt, I had just met him that fall. I had guided him on a moose hunt. He invited me down to hunt cats and wouldn't let me pay for anything.....hotels, hunt cost, food, even the tips to the houndsmen and guide....he paid for everything. I've hunted with him many times since and he is a first class guy. One of the best archery shooters Ive ever seen too.
Posted By: tucker13

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/10/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by tucker13

Your opinion of him would change if you ever met him. I've met a lot of guys in my years guiding and he is hands down one of the nicest most generous guys you will ever know. As an example when I did that hunt, I had just met him that fall. I had guided him on a moose hunt. He invited me down to hunt cats and wouldn't let me pay for anything.....hotels, hunt cost, food, even the tips to the houndsmen and guide....he paid for everything. I've hunted with him many times since and he is a first class guy. One of the best archery shooters Ive ever seen too.

Yes may be a great guy guess should have said didn't like listening to him talk about cats and cat hunting, seen a few videos he has made on it. just my opinion , I have followed them around for years so may have a different view on it.
Posted By: Kusko

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/10/20 11:59 PM

Great shot. Looks like you are shooting Zwickeys???
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/11/20 01:47 AM

Nice cat .Did you get it scored? Thanks for sharing the video .
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/11/20 02:01 AM

Nice cat and video.

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/11/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Kusko
Great shot. Looks like you are shooting Zwickeys???

Yes I was. I know some guys dont like them but they've always worked for me.

Yea I got the skull scored...dont remember exactly what it was but it would have made book but I didnt enter it
Posted By: Bushman

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/14/20 09:37 PM

That's a big Tom you can see the crease in it's forehead. A what a great shot.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/15/20 01:03 AM

Great video! This is my bucker list hunt, would really like to do a cat hunt.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/17/20 02:02 PM

Thank you for shear it with us. I like how you shot the cat also. Great shot. I am wait for one to show up around me to see about going after it.
Posted By: trappin moose

Re: mountain lion hunt - 02/20/20 07:24 PM

Right on Yukon254! Thanks for sharing. Good job on the bow shot.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums