Home

Purrrrrfection!

Posted By: Bushwhack Jack

Purrrrrfection! - 03/05/20 01:09 AM

Wrapped up my fox and lynx season with five cats this weekend. No wolves so far. A friend of mine reports that there has been lots of wolf sign to the west, but wolf sign has been pretty low this year for me. In fact, I can't recall cutting one fresh wolf track all season long. Way different than last year. Oh well, not necessarily a bad thing. Been seeing plenty of moose this year. Here is a picture of 4 cats from this past weekend when I pulled all my lynx and fox traps. No marten for me, I have a horrible marten line.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/05/20 03:24 AM

Nice haul.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/05/20 04:04 AM

The lack of wolverine sign on your line could be connected to the lack of wolves. Wolverine benefit from the kills of wolves. Looks like you got a pretty decent line tho. Do you have room to expand or try a different area?
mt
Posted By: Bushwhack Jack

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/05/20 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
The lack of wolverine sign on your line could be connected to the lack of wolves. Wolverine benefit from the kills of wolves. Looks like you got a pretty decent line tho. Do you have room to expand or try a different area?
mt

Thanks for the tip Martentrapper. Not a bad plan. A buddy of mine to the west of me sees plenty of wolf sign. And another friend of mine who traps to the west of me sees wolverine sign in the foothills of the mountains. But I don't want to step on his toes. So I'll probably just stay put and explore more of my area.
Posted By: bfisch

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/05/20 06:38 AM

Looks like cat acrobatics! Nice work!
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/10/20 10:38 PM

Some pretty looking kitties! Congrats!
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/10/20 11:02 PM

the white toed one looks heavy!! Good job.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/11/20 12:02 AM

Real nice haul ! Interesting you saw little wolf sign and
lots of moose. Exact same on my line and other trappers in the area are reporting the same thing.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Purrrrrfection! - 03/11/20 02:02 AM

Mad_Mike caught them all when they came down here! cool
© 2024 Trapperman Forums