Home

trap in trail

Posted By: flowingwater72

trap in trail - 05/17/20 12:44 AM

my land lord stopped by today askimg me if i have ben trapping in trapper creek i said yes for beaver. he said some one found a trap in a trail he sean it on facebook at the end road i googled it and found this post. i realy dont know if these people are telling the truth i personly was down there today hikeing i have walked down this trail a few times this week i dont know how i did not see it. maybe it is someones but it looks more like a lower48 trap setup. no it is not mine lol[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 02:55 AM

Fake news...

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:13 AM

that is what i was thinking i just dont understand why? if any one has traped around hear knows the trap and riging dont match up for around hear.

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:17 AM

Facebook sucks. Post a picture with a caption and watch it burn.....

Not much to understand, IMO.
Posted By: white17

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:18 AM

What's the big deal ? It wasn't set so how 'dangerous' can it be ?

Might be a set up for sure

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by white17
What's the big deal ? It wasn't set so how 'dangerous' can it be ?

Might be a set up for sure

dangerous to our way of life!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:32 AM

If the picture shows the way the person actually found the trap set up - unset trap in the middle of a walking path - I’m thinking one of two things.

Fake news staged photo

An actual trappers trap that fell out of a back pack or pack basket as the trapper was walking on the path.

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
If the picture shows the way the person actually found the trap set up - unset trap in the middle of a walking path - I’m thinking one of two things.

Fake news staged photo

An actual trappers trap that fell out of a back pack or pack basket as the trapper was walking on the path.

i was not going to say somthing on trapperman but it just seemed to odd to me. it is on (you know you are from trapper creek) facebookpage it is public. i googled it sence i dont facebook.

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 03:59 AM

Not sure there is much to fret over in that post. Sounds like someone went for a walk and found some garbage and maybe three bait piles. Did they do anything to help other than just complain on social media?
Lots of folks offer up lots of problems but not many offer solutions.

Posted By: drasselt

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 04:51 AM

Drama. Wouldn't be surprised if they had on a mask and rubber gloves for the walk. The useful thing to do would be to post a note on a bulletin board informing how to get the trap back
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: trap in trail - 05/17/20 12:25 PM

Or start posting pictures of a grassy trail every time you walk down it and NOT see a trap laying on the ground .
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: trap in trail - 05/19/20 09:49 AM

Does anyone in S. Central use a cross-staking rig like that? If they do, I'd like to know how they drive the stakes into frozen ground. Seriously. Lots of places I'd prefer that over a drag or tying off to a tree.

Re: trap in trail - 05/19/20 01:24 PM

That's what I thought too. That photo may not be in AK at all !
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: trap in trail - 05/20/20 03:49 PM

Post that the three rotting moose carcasses are the reason wolves need to be managed. They''ll probably take down the post.

Re: trap in trail - 05/20/20 04:20 PM

laugh
Posted By: Taximan

Re: trap in trail - 05/22/20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by akroper
Does anyone in S. Central use a cross-staking rig like that? If they do, I'd like to know how they drive the stakes into frozen ground. Seriously. Lots of places I'd prefer that over a drag or tying off to a tree.

It sure looks like a lower 48 fox or maybe coyote setup.The trap looks like a #2 Duke or Victo or? Regarding staking,I do it all the time in hard,rocky ground.Our temps get down to minus 20 F,sometimes minus 30 or 40.But,it still doesn't look like anything I have ever seen AM guys use.Do you guys even use a #2 trap?

Also has anyone tried to Google that image,to see if it originated,somewhere else?.I can't figure out how to do it on my phone but in the past,I have busted out some liars by doing a search and finding where they stole the image from.Just some thoughts.No one needs this crap.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: trap in trail - 05/22/20 04:46 PM

How dare those moose to die this winter on the trail he came down from Fairbanks to hike and cause his dog to roll in their rotting carcasses? crazy

Re: trap in trail - 05/22/20 07:15 PM

I have never owned a #2. Not much use for them.
Posted By: Brushy Bill

Re: trap in trail - 06/09/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Taximan
[quote=akroper] Also has anyone tried to Google that image,to see if it originated,somewhere else?.I can't figure out how to do it on my phone but in the past,I have busted out some liars by doing a search and finding where they stole the image from.Just some thoughts.No one needs this crap.
No need to be factual, just post up that it is fake, or staged, no one will complain
© 2024 Trapperman Forums