Home

NAFA Martian sale

Posted By: isnarewolves

NAFA Martian sale - 06/29/20 08:31 PM

A little bird told me NAFA has sold all their martian privet treaty. Does anybody know if this is true?
If so, anybody get a check yet? My understanding is that the sale of these martian, were to financially benefit the trappers.

Also did Rob C get relieved of his duties from NAFA, because he got caught taking money under the table from bidders to assure them they would get their bids accepted?

Is this what they call dirty fur?
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/29/20 11:26 PM

Oh, boy.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 12:54 AM

I didn’t realize that nafa sold martians. If I had known, I would have stocked up. A once in a life time opportunity.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 04:25 AM

nothing has been updated on their website, but then nothing has since last fall. I'm still waiting on the check that bounced last fall, much less the rest of my furs up there.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
I didn’t realize that nafa sold martians. If I had known, I would have stocked up. A once in a life time opportunity.

Took the words right out of my keyboard . . . .
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 05:40 PM

Give the guy a break he just asked a question.. And now your the spelling cop on the form?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 06:54 PM

Hey!! Lighten up!!! Everybody else can post satirical comments, but the moment I do, you and certain other members are all over me.

I sure wish you had been able to go to Alaska this summer. There would have been 3 months of peace and quiet on Tman!! Hopefully next year...............

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 06/30/20 10:13 PM

Yep I'm going to miss spending time with my Alaskan Family. It's going to be a long summer.
Posted By: Top Jimmy

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 07/02/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav

Give the guy a break he just asked a question.. And now your the spelling cop on the form?

Ummm, that is my job......... Sorry, was slacking. smile

-TJ
Posted By: Northof50

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 07/02/20 01:20 PM

Well Top Jimmy your slacking just think of what The Beav is going through with his Alaska summer withdraw symptoms feverishly boiling in his system now. In two months he is going to blow cry

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 07/02/20 02:47 PM

No worries Northof50 I'll keep busy spending time on the lake doing some fishing. Got some deer blinds to build and some food plots to work on. We have a140 acres of managed deer ground that needs attention. So I'll keep busy.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 08/17/20 07:57 PM

That made me chuckle. I needed that.
Posted By: Ringbill5196

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 08/17/20 08:24 PM

I enjoyed the humor.

I heard rumors from two people on a very good price on martens. Only to be completely deflated when they said this was one of them but it seems there are no numbers to go with the rumor. The other one turned out to be "somebody told me that" and held even less water. You would think guys 50 and older that trap would learn by now to SEE the numbers posted or keep the yap shut.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 08/17/20 09:16 PM

Luckily I never got burned by NAFA but my son in law did. Think he had close to 200 that were stuck in their warehouse. Hes going to be a happy trapper if he gets anything for them.

Did Rob really get caught taking bribes?
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 08/20/20 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Luckily I never got burned by NAFA but my son in law did. Think he had close to 200 that were stuck in their warehouse. Hes going to be a happy trapper if he gets anything for them.

Did Rob really get caught taking bribes?

I don't know about that. But they let the buyers (china) take the furs without paying for them. . . and then the buyers never paid. The bank canceled the loan and bounced the checks they sent out and confiscated the rest of the furs, and then got a judge to put an injunction in so nobody who had furs up there that were confiscated could file any legal claims to them.

I had a winters worth of furs, mainly bobcats up there that I've yet to see a dime out of. $15-20K at the prices on the previous sale, so it kinda hurt. Of course if I ever do see anything from them, they well sell at prices 1/2 to 1/3 that since the market has dropped.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 10/18/20 11:08 PM

I have one chained up in my cellar in case prices get high enough laugh . (just kidding- men-in-black don't visit me!)
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 10/24/20 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
I have one chained up in my cellar in case prices get high enough laugh . (just kidding- men-in-black don't visit me!)

Heck, we don't even have a season. Although I suppose they'd fall under "deleterious/exotic/invasive wildlife", like Bigfoot.
Posted By: Stan Z

Re: NAFA Martian sale - 11/21/20 02:12 AM

Never have seen a check yet for about half my 2018-19 fur sent to them. Last years marten still in the freezer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums