Home

outdoor gear

Posted By: otterman

outdoor gear - 10/09/20 02:03 PM

With the wonderful world of COVID going to town has become a pain. We have to do a 2 week quarantine when we return. So I am staying put. In the meantime things need replacing and my go to store (Cabelas) has gone to crap since Bass Pro took them over. I'm just wondering where a guy can find all kinds of gear everything from camo rain gear to waders to fishing poles that a guy can order online. Any and all suggestions welcome as I won't be flying to Anchorage any time soon now that trapping season is on us.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: outdoor gear - 10/09/20 02:36 PM

Amazon works very well for me.
Posted By: white17

Re: outdoor gear - 10/09/20 03:34 PM

The problem is that no one will ship the things I might want to order. Especially not Amazon !
Posted By: akntrpr

Re: outdoor gear - 10/09/20 03:41 PM

A trick I learned with Amazon is change your address from P.O. Box to just Box and they will send it I have to do that on half of what I order to get it.

Re: outdoor gear - 10/09/20 07:09 PM

I'll try that Ted. Usually the problem is that whatever I want has to come by air rather than by road
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: outdoor gear - 10/12/20 06:47 AM

Yep, for some reason Amazon doesn't like PO Boxes and there are many things they'll only ship to a physical address. If you can find a way to use a physical address (or make it appear as such) you'll have much better luck.

Hey Ken, on the topic of mail, a friend of mine is flying out to Lime Village to maintain the runway this winter. Apparently all his mail has to go through McGrath and wait until Lime requests a flight. Or something like that.
Posted By: Thurman

Re: outdoor gear - 10/12/20 08:55 AM

I use general delivery for things that wont ship and find it works about 50% of the time. I know a guy who has a PO box in Seattle with mail forwarding to here just to get things to ship haha.

Re: outdoor gear - 10/12/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Yep, for some reason Amazon doesn't like PO Boxes and there are many things they'll only ship to a physical address. If you can find a way to use a physical address (or make it appear as such) you'll have much better luck.

Hey Ken, on the topic of mail, a friend of mine is flying out to Lime Village to maintain the runway this winter. Apparently all his mail has to go through McGrath and wait until Lime requests a flight. Or something like that.

That's correct. There is no mail service at all to Lime. It ends up here and then the Lime Village Council has to arrange a charter every few months to get it.

The issues I usually have with getting stuff from Amazon is the notice...............".the item you requested cannot be shipped to your address due the items being prohibited on passenger aircraft"............or words to that effect
© 2024 Trapperman Forums