Home

drinking ground water

Posted By: patrapperbuster

drinking ground water - 10/18/20 11:17 PM

is ground water coming out of pipe safe to drink? there are places landowners have set up that you can pull over & fill containers if you want.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: drinking ground water - 10/19/20 02:18 AM

Generally so. Have been around a couple places along roads here in Alaska that people would stop to get water from a pipe.
Posted By: Boco

Re: drinking ground water - 10/19/20 03:51 AM

Most of the year-yes.In spring it can contain bacteria from spring run off.
We used to use springwater on the railroad on the north line it tasted way better than the wellwater.
Both were tested by the health unit weekly.Both the springs and wells had bacteria counts during the spring freshet.
Posted By: white17

Re: drinking ground water - 10/19/20 03:33 PM

You might get a more relevant answer if you post your question on the main forum.
Most of us here are not in real populated areas.
Posted By: Thurman

Re: drinking ground water - 10/19/20 05:53 PM

I know the one pipe outside of anchorage that is super popular was tested and showed really high levels of a not nice thing possibly arsenic
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: drinking ground water - 10/24/20 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Thurman
I know the one pipe outside of anchorage that is super popular was tested and showed really high levels of a not nice thing possibly arsenic

WAS super popular. It's gone now. After idiots causing traffic hazards for years there, I believe there was at least one accident last year and DOT either emoved the pipe or piped it right into the culvert. But you're right, it was extremely popular for years. It's been featured in all kinds of travel guides, blogs, forums etc.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/c...-and-highway-upgrade-plan-507745361.html
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: drinking ground water - 11/06/20 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Thurman

Arsenic is naturally occurring in ground water. Every well is tested and has to pass the acceptable limit for arsenic.

I drink my well water untreated. But that's just me. I am also/was a state licensed water plant operator.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: drinking ground water - 11/09/20 03:29 AM

I thought about stopping at that pipe. Then in my mind I heard the sound of screeching tires and a loud splat. I'm bigger than a bug so it really caught my attention.

So I passed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums