Home

So what do you make of this?

Posted By: Hatchetman

So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 12:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt8FXW7bp5A

Maybe some of you guys even know this guy personally?
I watched some of his stuff before. Definitely seems like a guy that is out in the bush a lot.

BS'er? fabricator?
You tell me...
Posted By: yukon254

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 02:46 PM

Dont know him, but I call BS. He doesn't strike me as someone with a lot of experience. I think he's just trying to get "views" to his videos.
Posted By: bfisch

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 05:04 PM

The majority of it looks like moose sign to me. I know he says it is not, but it looks a lot like moose were there.
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 05:40 PM

I agree looks like a moose was on the loose smile
Posted By: white17

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 06:32 PM

Looks like moose to me too.

Almost need tin foil to watch that whole thing!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 08:49 PM

That guy is scared of his own shadow! BS I think1
Posted By: Hatchetman

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 10:06 PM

I figured you guys would have this figured out. That's why I asked.

The only thing close to this that I've seen is a couple years back.

I was snowshoeing in the U.P. of Michigan in early March and came across some smaller aspen like that were snapped off just like that, but there had been a couple day stretch of freezing rain a few weeks prior and a lot of the tops of the aspen were bent way over and some were snapped just like that.

As for the banging on the trees...

I don't know if you have them that far north, but...
I've heard Peleated wood peckers hammering on trees where you would swear somebody is whacking into it with a hatchet
Maybe there is just a few Boone & Crocket woodpeckers screwing with this guy! grin
Posted By: yukon254

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/27/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by white17

Ha ha yup, I actually didnt even get two minutes in before I decided I had seen enough.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/28/20 03:34 AM

I’ve seen this guys videos before. Some are ok but I’m not a big fan. He had one short video showing a wolf hitting the end of the snare with a 12 foot extension. That video is taken down now but it was proof enough for me that the kill spring snares are killers. The wolf tripped the snare and took off running. Hit top speed right as the slack ran out.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/28/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by white17

Ha ha yup, I actually didnt even get two minutes in before I decided I had seen enough.

That's about all the farther I got.....!

Pete
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/29/20 04:08 AM

He's a very well known hunting guide from BC. He believes he saw a bigfoot in his late teens, so naturally, he's interested in the subject. His hunting specialty is blacktails. His web site is "how to hunt" or something like that . I have spent a lot of time around moose, and I have not seen where they can break saplings without scraping the bark at all.
Posted By: white17

Re: So what do you make of this? - 10/29/20 02:57 PM

Moose break those off in the winter . They WALK over them and break them off. Leaves no marks because they are eating the smaller twigs....not the bark. In late spring they will peel the bark on aspen, cottonwood, alder.

I have several plants broken over like that in my yard right now from last winter
Posted By: trapper ron

Re: So what do you make of this? - 11/09/20 10:00 PM

Watched 30 second, fast forward couple times, all done. Sure looks like moose to me also. Probably a wanna be bush guy from the city and watched to many episodes of hunting Big Foot. laugh
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: So what do you make of this? - 11/12/20 06:02 AM

I commented on it and posted this link, which shows a moose breaking off saplings 5-7' off the ground exactly like he showed. This one is just summer feeding, not winter.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums