Home

Lynx Jerky

Posted By: drasselt

Lynx Jerky - 02/10/21 04:43 PM

Anybody ever make it?
Posted By: Bushwhack Jack

Re: Lynx Jerky - 02/10/21 06:22 PM

Nope, but I got a bunch of lynx sausage in the freezer and the stuff is amazing. My kids love it. If you make jerky, just make sure you cook it hot enough to kill any parasites. Lynx carry the roundworms that cause trichinosis, just like black bears. So I personally wouldn't eat any of it unless it was cooked all the way through. No medium rare stuff.

Re: Lynx Jerky - 02/10/21 07:33 PM

OK I was wondering about parasites and trichinosis is not one I want to try!
Posted By: Bushwhack Jack

Re: Lynx Jerky - 02/11/21 04:41 AM

Drasselt I wouldn’t worry about parasites unless you are a vegan. And even Vegans can get parasites like the human intestinal roundworm from eating uncooked and improperly washed vegetables. Every vertebrate animal on the planet has parasites including moose caribou halibut and salmon. Just make sure you cook the meat. It’s no different than eating bear meat. In fact you have a much greater chance of catching trichinosis from eating bear meat than eating lynx meat. Lynx is awesome. Just be careful if you smoke it

Re: Lynx Jerky - 02/11/21 07:53 AM

Yeah I figure I've eaten at least a pound of fish worms by now and I've picked plenty of tapeworm cysts out of game meat. I cook my bear sausage but not my jerky so I'm still going to pass.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums