Home

Price for Alaskan sockeye.

Posted By: ringtail 60

Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/03/21 04:45 PM

What price did fishermen get for reds this year? I just paid $11.99 a pound at Costco in central PA.
Posted By: AK Dudeman

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/03/21 06:09 PM

My last opener in PWS. For Main Bay Reds was 1.50, Chums were .95, & I think I heard 3.00 for Copper River Flats Reds. Fishing has been soso, but better than last year..
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/04/21 12:29 AM

And I remember feeding them to my dogs!!!
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/04/21 04:00 AM

Slow fishing here, again. Other than very local hatchery fish, not much here. Even that has been poor.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/04/21 06:58 AM

We are totally shut down here on the Yukon. No subsistence or commercial fishing salmon of any kind.
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/05/21 12:20 AM

Things aren't looking good here, either.
Posted By: otterman

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/05/21 07:08 PM

Bristol Bay is having another banner year the Nushagak section broke an all time catch record two days in a row first 1.7 million caught then the next day 1.8 million
Peter Pan Seafoods was purchased by a new American owned company last winter and for the first time in around 20 yrs a pre season base price was posted at $1.10 a pound with additional incentives for ice ,and bled fish
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/05/21 08:01 PM

Good to hear ottermasn. That seems like a pretty good price? Hope all the sections do well
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/05/21 11:54 PM

Two weeks ago in Fairbanks Costco they were getting $29.99 a lb. for fresh red fillets.
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/06/21 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by otterman
Bristol Bay is having another banner year the Nushagak section broke an all time catch record two days in a row first 1.7 million caught then the next day 1.8 million
Peter Pan Seafoods was purchased by a new American owned company last winter and for the first time in around 20 yrs a pre season base price was posted at $1.10 a pound with additional incentives for ice ,and bled fish

Those are some good numbers. FWIW getting $7.30 lb dock price for halibut - delivering in the morning

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/06/21 06:16 AM

Whole halibut? Headed and gutted?

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/06/21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by drasselt
Whole halibut? Headed and gutted?

IFQ weight which is fish delivered head on, gutted and gilled, then subtract 12% for heads, slime, and ice. Back to original topic I believe the Cook Inlet guys are getting 1.50
Posted By: waggler

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/14/21 05:44 PM

An epic year in the Ugashik District, caught 10,000 pounds two days ago, 12,000 pounds yesterday. Today looks like it will be big alsom
One set net.

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/15/21 06:54 PM

Used to fish towards Dago. Had to watch the freeboard going to deliver on the good days. don't get stuck in the mud!

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/16/21 08:22 PM

^^^^
My site is up on the cut-bank near muddy point.
Since I posted the other day we had another record breaker. Couldn't wish for better fishing.
Posted By: otter3006

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/17/21 07:42 AM

Peter pan just posted 1.25 $ retroactive today

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/17/21 07:48 AM

[Linked Image]
Strong run again at coffee point. Finally getting nice weather here for a change.

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/18/21 10:28 PM

Another bump up from Peter pan of a dime today for late fisherman incentive

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/19/21 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by otter3006
Peter pan just posted 1.25 $ retroactive today

So are you saying that they raised their base price from a $1.10 to $1.25?
If that would be huge news.
Have you heard anything from the other majors?

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/19/21 08:26 AM

Yes when the season was just starting posted 1.10
Then last week jumping it up 15 cents more retroactive
Now today as a reward to fish late added a a dime more for fish from here on out
Plus ice on top this all
This is Peter pan prices
Haven't heard anything from the other buyers yet ,crickets

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/19/21 08:33 AM

Peter pan seafood has been bought back from the Japanese and from what I am hearing and seeing being pretty agressive.will follow new buyers and find out

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/23/21 01:10 AM

Looks pretty much like the bay-wide base price is $1.25 plus 15 cents for iced.$ I'm pretty happy with $1.40 especially since it was a good season poundage wise.
BTW I fish for E&E they posted $1.25 base yesterday.

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/24/21 11:11 PM

Last week, four days in a row of this type of fishing, 44,000 pounds in just four days. We don't like to "round-haul" a net load of fish like this, but sometimes it's your only option.
[Linked Image]

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/25/21 06:07 AM

[Linked Image]
Great awesome catch there. That's the tendering I do outside dillingham for setnetters at coffee point
Picture was last night.we are done now.i k now how hard you work . weather was not nice

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 07/25/21 06:09 AM

Historical catch Indeed

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/18/21 12:20 PM

FWIW, I just bought a couple 25 lb cases of frozen Sockeye fillets in Seattle for $8.95 a pound.
I bought these for a friend's wedding, I bought them from the company that I fish for, that price is the rock bottom wholesale price at the present time.

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/20/21 12:34 AM

I would like to give a shout out to those Bristol Bay fisherman that donated Chums to the Yukon villages after our salmon no show this summer.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

[Linked Image]

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/20/21 02:46 AM

They were pretty scares in BB this summer too. I wonder if most of the processors sent them your way? Did they send any of our kings also? Thought I heard they did.

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/20/21 03:18 AM

They might have I never heard of any Kings coming in, but I am not sure. All I heard was these were from BB fishermen. Gave each household here four chums.

No subsistence fishing here this year and last. I got two kings before they shut us down this spring, and been eating a few humpies. They are letting us fish for Coho's when ever they show up.
Posted By: white17

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/20/21 02:32 PM

We have silvers here now I am surprised you don't.

Man you must be hard up to eat humpies !

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/20/21 05:48 PM

The Cohos are just starting to show up. Late this year. I can catch all I need on a rod and real here soon.

Humpies aint bad if they are not in fresh water too long. They make great dry fish too.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/21/21 10:56 PM

From what I heard, BB processors donated Kings, and chums. Maybe some sockeyes. It wasn't actually the fisherman that did the donating. I believe all the donated fish were by catch salmon. Linden, the state, and the processors got together on this. Pretty sure Lindon had some covid money they had to spend.
Surprised your getting cohos, Jeff. I talked to the Yukon R. fall season manager 2 days ago. Sure sounded like no one was going to do any subsistence fishing. Coho run way down like the other species. This was from net catch near the sonar at Pilot. I would have assumed sport fishing would be closed too.
Get your salmon while you can!

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/22/21 01:44 AM

Thanks I didn't get the details on who donated the fish and flights

I just called F&G. We can use 4" 60' nets . Dip nets, and rod and reel(is considered subsistence here.) Sport fishing is probably closed. All chums and kings must be released alive.

Cohos are open to keep along with Pinks and Reds. We don't have reds, but I get one or two a season commercial fishing.
Posted By: otterman

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/23/21 02:23 PM

The fish donations came from a combination of the processors , BBEDC, YDFDA, and CVRF 3 of the CDQ groups on the W coast, with all the millions they have and their bottom trawl boats being part of the problem I would think those CDQ groups could have donated a heck of a lot more

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/23/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by otterman
their bottom trawl boats being part of the problem

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/24/21 02:57 AM

Good Point.

Our YDFDA board members just had their meeting in Hawaii while we were scrounging for fish. Ours is worth over 1000 million.

I did mention to a board member here that they should give us some fish that would help since we don't get much else now. I am guessing that might be where the idea came from.

A box of King crab and a pay off $ probably would be in order.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/25/21 12:05 AM

Otter, where did YDFDA get fish to donate?

Re: Price for Alaskan sockeye. - 08/25/21 06:12 AM

Probably the F&G test nets in Emo.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums