Home

ID musher sled maker

Posted By: g smith

ID musher sled maker - 01/12/22 03:58 AM

Do any of you know the maker of this sled ? Hope to sell it .Maker is supposed to be Alaska resident. [Linked Image]
Posted By: bfisch

Re: ID musher sled maker - 01/12/22 07:06 AM

A nice new basket sleigh goes for $100/foot here.
Posted By: That Fool

Re: ID musher sled maker - 01/12/22 05:33 PM

Still going by 1980s prices I see. There are not many basket sleds around nowadays. Bunch of plastic sleds, if there are basket sleds made, they are made with plastic too. I am just about done with mine. Just need carbide skeg to add on the runner. Planks of hickory are around $1,000. Making an eleven foot bed sled would require two planks. Depending on how you plan to fasten together can cost a bit more. My dad and them use bolts and metal bands to fasten along with mortising and dowels. Bunch of people want basket sleds made but wont pay the cost of building them. So much of the sled makers started using plastic off set the cost to be able to sell their basket sleds.
Posted By: g smith

Re: ID musher sled maker - 01/13/22 03:14 AM

Thanks, This sled was a gift to me so I am not musher savvy . Has been hanging in the barn and birds pooped on it . I thought when I advertised it that it would be useful info for who ever was interested in it . I am surprised at the light weight . Has the UHMW on the runners .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums