Home

ACE

Posted By: white17

ACE - 08/10/22 06:49 PM

Does anyone live where Alaska Central Express is providing passenger service ?

If so, how many passengers are the planes configured for ?

Are they using one or two pilots for these operations ?
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: ACE - 08/11/22 07:55 AM

Isn't Alaska Central Express, what we in the biz call"little ace" a cargo only biz?
Posted By: white17

Re: ACE - 08/11/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
Isn't Alaska Central Express, what we in the biz call"little ace" a cargo only biz?

Yes but they are applying to FAA to provide service to MCG. The CLAIM to have 12 B1900C configured for 9 pax and are saying they will use two pilots. I don't believe them but I also remember that Mark Air was all cargo until they decided to haul pax and then went out of business.

My skepticism is based partly on the fact that Mark Air was run by Neil Bergt and ACE is run by Michael Bergt. Guilt by association I guess
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: ACE - 08/12/22 03:56 AM

Little ACE bought several 1900s from Raven. They likely do have 12 1900s. If they run only 9 seats then that would be as a 135 operation. I believe the 1900 was certified as 2 pilots. It's gross weight puts it in the 121 regs but there is an STC to operate 135. Pretty sure they are stuck using 2 pilots. Don't worry, Ken. 2 pilots can crash just as easy as 1.
The 9 pax limit only applies to scheduled operations. Raven would do charters for 12, 14, 16, and 18 seats. Likely Ol' Mikey will do the same.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: ACE - 08/12/22 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Yes but they are applying to FAA to provide service to MCG. The CLAIM to have 12 B1900C configured for 9 pax and are saying they will use two pilots. I don't believe them but I also remember that Mark Air was all cargo until they decided to haul pax and then went out of business.

My skepticism is based partly on the fact that Mark Air was run by Neil Bergt and ACE is run by Michael Bergt. Guilt by association I guess

You feckless cynic you....!

pb
© 2024 Trapperman Forums