Home

Sled boxes

Posted By: mtbadger

Sled boxes - 11/20/12 12:16 AM

I lost all the pics of the different sled boxes and sled scabbards that you guys have shared over the years. Can you guys help with some pics and how you organize the insides PLEASE.

Thanks
mtbadger
(Andy)
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Sled boxes - 11/20/12 02:39 AM

Re: Sled boxes - 11/20/12 03:41 AM

Thank you bctomcat.....
Posted By: Family Trapper

Re: Sled boxes - 11/20/12 07:14 AM

Made for my bravo last year.

Here is a pretty elaborate box made by a guy on dootalk. And more if your son inclined. ;0)
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/265217-swt-cargo-box/
Posted By: AKscott

Re: Sled boxes - 11/20/12 11:38 PM

Re: Sled boxes - 11/21/12 02:02 AM

Thanks Len and Scott

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 08:13 PM

Any more ideas....
Posted By: fishermann222

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 08:33 PM

I use a rubbermaid tote, easy on easy off.
Posted By: AKHowler

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 10:25 PM

Just finished the aluminum box on the back of the Skidoo. Quite abit more expensive than wood but workwise, strong and light. Got a few more things to do to it but good start.

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 10:27 PM

Howler is that bolted to the sled??

Thanks for the pics
Posted By: yukontrapper

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 10:42 PM

Great Gear box Howler! Pretty Dang Nice.
Posted By: smalltimetrapper

Re: Sled boxes - 11/23/12 10:51 PM

Nice box! Careful about mixing clean gloves and chainsaws though! smile
Posted By: Tundra 300

Re: Sled boxes - 11/24/12 12:35 AM

Ya, they don't mix to well, but oil works fine... grin

Re: Sled boxes - 11/24/12 01:48 AM

The box isn't bolted down yet. There is a couple places to bolt to the rack. Just had the saw in the box on a river check, it won't be in there for trapping. The rubber boat latches on the lid are great in warm weather but they are like steel in the cold, may have to change that. A young guy in Fairbanks built it for me. It was his first try and would be interested in making more.
Posted By: Aknative

Re: Sled boxes - 11/24/12 06:12 AM

That's pretty nice, how much would he want for them? Already got a box on the primary machine, but would be interested in a box on the other ones.

Re: Sled boxes - 11/24/12 06:54 AM

He charged $400 for this one but it was huge and had the step in it. Don't think most guys would want this cabover camper on their sleds. I'll give his # to anyone that wants it. Enthusiastic young man and willing to build anything ya want out of steel or aluminum.
Posted By: 357xp

Re: Sled boxes - 11/25/12 04:54 AM

couple pics from my sled box, works good, back is designed to haul 5 gallon jerry can, inside lined with rug, chainsaw scabord works fine but seems to plug with snow and junk so i have to clean it out once in awhile. nice to see what everybody else does....

Re: Sled boxes - 11/25/12 05:17 PM

Thanks 357
Posted By: Bushman

Re: Sled boxes - 11/25/12 08:07 PM

like everyone I've made my share of boxes for racks. Its a pain to access lots of them though. These days i just throw a big plastic fish box in the back with open top. fits racks size perfect and i can reach in and lift out as needed. Put my snowshoes underneath it as they sit flat, so they're out of way. I put my gear I want to keep dry inside a smaller plastic tote while everything else is open and exosed by easily accessed. I have a fur bag for a cover if going through deep snow to keep everything clean. It's all about speed and accessing my gear quickly.

Re: Sled boxes - 11/26/12 02:33 AM

I hear that Brian I just wanted some ideas to ponder a design with. I still have to raise the seat and put a storage space there. Its going to be a work in progress. Today was the last day of the general deer and elk season so I can start setting traps. Cat season doesn't open until December 1st so I'm setting for yotes/fox and scouting for more cats. I want to target a few Marten this year also.

Re: Sled boxes - 11/26/12 07:59 AM

All I can say is the saw carrier is working out great. So nice to have an in and out location. No attaching no bungies.
I think as many out of the box quick attachments you can have for things that you use a lot is a good idea.
I liked this one also I saw last year at the fling. Like Bushman the top was open and he had just tarp top attached to the front to cover

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 02:38 PM

Sled box I made this winter, had an open box before and was getting snow into everything and losing stuff so built one with a lid. Chainsaw holder is a 2x6, made an under seat storage area for extra traps, snares.
Added a piece of plywood behind the windsheild, makes a nice storage area, warm dry gloves, jacket....

And if you look closely, you will see a Family Trapper type of AXE......

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 03:57 PM

Tundra THANKS I do have the windshield set-up.
Posted By: white17

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 05:03 PM

Don't have a picture but the best modification I have on the sled box is one I stole from Takotna. A short section of 2" ABS pipe bolted vertically to the side of the box. Ax handle drops right through and is always handy but always out of the way.

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 05:11 PM

Thanks Ken

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 08:59 PM

Tundra do you have to take the saw off to open the lid?

Re: Sled boxes - 11/27/12 09:19 PM

I can open it about halfway with the saw like this, if i want to open it all the way, i flip the saw around.
Posted By: Tradbow1

Re: Sled boxes - 11/28/12 07:40 AM

thanks for the pics its something I need to build yet. The action packers are nice but not really convenient! hard to carry traps, and bait and and and with one tub and not stink up everything in the process.

Re: Sled boxes - 12/07/12 10:15 PM

AKScott what is your machette case made out of??

357 what is your axe head resting in??

Thanks
Posted By: 357xp

Re: Sled boxes - 12/18/12 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: mtbadger
AKScott what is your machette case made out of??

357 what is your axe head resting in??

Thanks

Sorry about the late reply, that thing is called AXE MATE, really nice thing except the velcro that holds the head in place ripped but I kept using it because the handle end still clips in, but this weekend......u guessed it, I lost that axe.

Re: Sled boxes - 12/18/12 02:50 AM

Thanks 357 bummer about the loss of the axe.

I see that Cabelas carries the Axe Mate.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums