coyotes-17.50- Mine was better
mink-7.00 - Mine was worse
muskrats-3.79- n/a
beaver-8.50 - n/a
coon-0.50- Mine was better
How do yours compare, better or worse?
Posted By: Ave

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 02:40 AM

Worse on reds and coyotes, but slightly better on muskrats. I also did better on coons but everything else was similar to mine
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 02:49 AM

I've only sold one coyote for $25. I'll let you know when the rest sells.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 11:17 AM

I dont have exact averages but i know ballpark. My highest rat was 1.50 but they were all early blue rats and i only had 3. My top coon was $14 and i averaged around $7.50 on them. I averaged around $45 on my yotes and didnt sell many of my cats but the top one was $250
Posted By: Ave

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: possumcatcher
I dont have exact averages but i know ballpark. My highest rat was 1.50 but they were all early blue rats and i only had 3. My top coon was $14 and i averaged around $7.50 on them. I averaged around $45 on my yotes and didnt sell many of my cats but the top one was $250

Wow I wish our fur here was half as pretty as yours is lol. 45 dollars for a coyote is unheard of here as ours are really trashy looking and usually don’t have a pale belly. We don’t even have a season on cats lol. The bobcats that we do have in the state don’t have those beautiful spots. We might get a season next year but it’s really regulated. How are the laws on cats out there?
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 01:08 PM

Sounds like you made out pretty well possum,did you sell to a local buyer or to a bigger corporation? My top yote was at 35,the reason my coon was so bad was because I only sold a few and they were small ones anyways.

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 06:32 PM

I sold to groenwald.. think thats how ya spell it. Also got 2.50 green coons that groney wouldnt buy, from a local guy.
We are lucky to have some pretty free regs. The only one that really sucks is that you can not use exposed bait within 30 ft of a foothold. So i use a lot of christmas tensil for cat flagging. There are no limits or tags on cats so if you get one its yours but you just have to check it in and get a tag from the g and p.

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 06:47 PM

GroeneWold Fur and Wool? That's who I sold to, the guy I sold to just buys for them. We can't have exposed bait at all in PA.

Re: Averages - 04/03/18 07:09 PM

The guy I sell to is part of it i think. The slip he gives me says groenwold fur and wool on it.
Posted By: Watertrapper#110

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 12:02 AM

The reason behind no traps within 30 feet of exposed bait is so that you dont catch buzzards and other flesh eating birds, we have the same law in jersey, but in jersey you can only use Cable restraints aka snares. but the law makes sense to me though.
Posted By: bic

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Watertrapper#110
The reason behind no traps within 30 feet of exposed bait is so that you dont catch buzzards and other flesh eating birds, we have the same law in jersey, but in jersey you can only use Cable restraints aka snares. but the law makes sense to me though.

Yeah, You law makes sense because they actually give you a distance that you have to stay away from exposed bait. Our law just state you cant set traps using exposed bait. How far from a dead deer carcass are we allowed to set???? God only knows.
Posted By: Watertrapper#110

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 12:22 AM

I just checked and we can use CRs within 30 feet if the baits covered, if its outside 30 feet the bait dont need to be covered

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Watertrapper#110
The reason behind no traps within 30 feet of exposed bait is so that you dont catch buzzards and other flesh eating birds,
Yes it keeps birds of prey out of K9 sets, but I don't see why it should apply to water sets. Waterfowl may look at corn and try to eat it, but it's not like a little rat trap would hold them anyways. I think they even even consider a scraped green stick for beaver is exposed bait, right?
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 03:13 AM

I doubt that a green stick for beaver is considered exposed bait.
And a so called little rat trap will very easily hold waterfowl.
When in doubt on any regulations,contact your conservation officer or game warden.
Tom

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 01:20 PM

Our definition of exposed bait is anything that comes from an animal. We can set snares and conibears on bait, but no footholds within 30 ft.

Re: Averages - 04/04/18 08:27 PM

Bogmaster, I should have been more specific, most of the rat traps I use wouldn't hold waterfowl. Although a lot of traps people use for muskrat would. Sorry about that.
Posted By: Alexia

Re: Averages - 04/06/18 02:44 PM

The sliced turnips I use for muskrat bait are exposed. I make no effort to conceal it. I've never caught anything but muskrats in such sets.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Averages - 04/06/18 04:36 PM

For the most part,exposed baits are to keep from catching raptors and other birds.Most baits for muskrat ,such as apples and turn ups-in most states wouldn't be considered exposed baits.
Tom
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Averages - 04/25/18 08:19 PM

I got $40 each for my Texas bobcats
© 2024 Trapperman Forums