Home

Coyote?

Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Coyote? - 07/12/18 05:20 PM

Do you think I could catch a coyote in this if I camouflaged it enough?
Posted By: Ray smith

Re: Coyote? - 07/12/18 07:10 PM

I would say so but I don’t really trap coyotes but I know you can catch bobcats like that
Posted By: Ave

Re: Coyote? - 07/12/18 09:39 PM

I’ve heard they avoid cages, but I’ve never tried them. I know that coyotes don’t like to be forced into something, like when you have too many foot guides at a dirt hole. I would try it and find out.
Posted By: Kylee Eastwood

Re: Coyote? - 07/12/18 11:49 PM

My dad says they avoid cages, but I have caught fox in a cage, and many bobcats in cages.
Posted By: coontrapper2016

Re: Coyote? - 07/13/18 07:29 PM

Seems awful short. Maybe a pup, if I was an adult 35lb+ yote I wouldn't try and squeeze in there.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Coyote? - 07/14/18 01:59 AM

The cage is probably big enough,but yotes are much harder to get into one,than a fox or bobcat.
Experimentation is how you get answers,try and see.And good luck.
Tom
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Coyote? - 07/14/18 11:40 AM

I would say yes if one walked in it but i just dont think that would happen. Coyotes are almost impossible to cage from what i hear
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: Coyote? - 07/14/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: possumcatcher
Coyotes are almost impossible to cage

Yep thats what I think too. My uncle built it a couple years back, and I keep telling him that it's not going to catch a coyote, that they will spook. He still sets it. He does catch some coon in it though.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Coyote? - 10/22/20 05:54 AM

It has been my experience with cage traps & fox the floor of the trap needs to be covered with dirt. make sure the door will still close & lock. greys seem easier to cage trap than reds.
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Coyote? - 10/23/20 07:07 PM

I know a great trapper that runs [i][/i]lots of really big cage traps and he's caught only very few in all the years he's been doing it. I would be interested in seeing how it works for you though. Coyotes out west are a lot more jittery than those in the East!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums