Home

Fur Shed

Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Fur Shed - 08/06/18 12:33 AM

I've been working all summer long on projects, and its looking like I'm not going to get the shed built. So... since I need a place to handle fur I am going to raise some money to buy one. I picked this bike up cheap, it was seized and needed some work (Solid bike to start with though). I got it free'd up and then cleaned the carb out. It actually runs pretty good, shifts smooth. Right now it's all tore apart and I am cleaning it up and replacing the broken and worn parts. Waiting for new tires and the tank to come, but the project is on it's way. I would like to finish it by the end of the week.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Fur Shed - 08/06/18 01:36 AM

Cool, let us know how it turns out
Posted By: Ray smith

Re: Fur Shed - 08/06/18 02:20 AM

That’s cool I wish I could build a fur shed I just use our barn as of now

Re: Fur Shed - 08/18/18 04:36 PM

Still waiting on a couple parts, I got it to where it is rideable though. Once I get the tank on it and get her tuned up it will be just about ready to sell.
Posted By: Ave

Re: Fur Shed - 08/18/18 08:45 PM

Looks like a pretty cool project. I’ve been building a fur shed since mid summer and it’s almost done. Wish I could post pics. Sure beats using the basement lol.

Re: Fur Shed - 08/19/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Ave
Wish I could post pics.

I posted this once on trapper talk, but it got buried pretty quick. This is how I post pictures.

Go to imgur.com. In the top right corner, click the green sign up button. Once you are signed in, click on the green circle in the top right corner. Then click on images. Next, a green bar in the top right that reads "add images" should show up. Click on it, then hit the light grey "browse" button. Select the picture you want off of your computer and open it. It will take a minute to load, but once it does it should show up in the middle of the screen. Click on it, a list on the right will appear with different links. Find the one that reads "BB Code" and click the purple "copy" button. Then go to trapperman and paste the link in the forum.

Kind of like photobucket, but it's free. Hope that helps.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Fur Shed - 08/19/18 02:52 PM

That is a great looking little bike and my hat is off to you for the work you have done. Mechanical skills are a valuable through life.

Have any of you ever looked at sheds built from pallets? There are some pretty nice simple designs if you search them out on Google.
Posted By: Ave

Re: Fur Shed - 08/19/18 02:52 PM

Thanks a lot! I’ll see if I can post a pic of the shed once it’s finished.

Re: Fur Shed - 08/19/18 10:23 PM

Jim, thanks and no I haven't looked into pallet sheds. I have plans made up to build it, and if I don't build I have a good idea of what I want to get. I might spend another year in the garage and basement, then build next summer. I don't know yet for sure.

Re: Fur Shed - 11/02/18 02:14 AM

Did you ever figure out what you are doing about the shed

Re: Fur Shed - 11/02/18 11:09 AM

Ray, I am going to build it next summer. I was working on getting my eagle scout project done, as well as a few other things I didn't anticipate coming up. Finally made up my mind to wait to, so we can build it. It's cheaper and we can build it the way I want it set up. I am going to get the wood sawed out for it throughout, then start on it as soon as weather permits. The plan is a 14x16 with a barn style roof.

Re: Fur Shed - 11/02/18 12:09 PM

Sounds cool let me know how it goes
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Fur Shed - 11/02/18 04:09 PM

So your about to be an eagle scout??? Thats cool man! I got my eagle in 2013. The projects the hardest part, but trust me, its all worth it.

Re: Fur Shed - 11/02/18 04:34 PM

Yea, I just need my board of review. I rebuilt my local sportsmans club's rifle range. It was fun, it's getting a lot of use now too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums