Home

second year trappig

Posted By: Jeffery saunders

second year trappig - 10/25/18 04:10 PM

I am 15 this season will be my second season trapping i currently dont have any stretchers and i was wondering where i could get some coon and fox strechers for cheap thank you
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: second year trappig - 10/25/18 06:13 PM

I'd stick with wood stretchers, is there a upcoming trappers convention in your area? that always seems to have the best prices. Top Lot Stretchers are good too.
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: second year trapping - 10/25/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: robert.d12
trappers convention
I made a lot of my own, but if you were going to buy that is where I would. Used ones are usually are pretty cheap.
Posted By: Ave

Re: second year trapping - 10/26/18 12:13 AM

I prefer wood as well. It seems like I get a better finished product by using wood vs wire. Pa k9 trapper, are you having any luck yet?
Posted By: trapre

Re: second year trapping - 10/26/18 01:15 PM

I use wire stretchers but wish I had wood. Wire just doesn't seem to do A good job, and the skirt tends to bunch up. I don't know where you could get some. I got my wire ones at F&T.
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: second year trapping - 10/26/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Ave
Pa k9 trapper, are you having any luck yet?

It's been slow, I've caught a few skunks, grinnners, and coon. The k-9s haven't been working my sets much. Hopefully it will pick up with the little bit of a front coming in. If not I am probably going to pull and relocate sets next week.
Posted By: Watertrapper#110

Re: second year trapping - 10/28/18 02:06 AM

I use wire for coons and wood for everything else. the snare shop has em for a pretty good price
© 2024 Trapperman Forums