Home

Dove hunting

Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Dove hunting - 08/07/20 02:08 AM

Season starts in less than a month who’s ready?
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: Dove hunting - 08/07/20 04:00 AM

Me even though it’s my first year and I haven’t much of clue but I’ve been doing some research and I’m legal plus I’m with my grandpa who has hunted them before but we still don’t know too much

Re: Dove hunting - 08/07/20 04:10 AM

1 have a shotgun ammo and chairs
2 sit in a corn field
3 see a dove and shoot it
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: Dove hunting - 08/07/20 02:48 PM

Doves have an IQ of a large shiny piece of river stone, they just dont let you get close lol. I've missed them by a couple of inches and they just hop over a little to the left or right. They are always on the power lines or in the tallest trees in the woods. Idk what your laws are but if they are on the ground or on a branch you might not be able to shoot them. In my state you can't hit turkeys flying or in trees because of "fair chase laws" and such. I didn't know it was a thing until I found it in a law book when I was first learning. If you got feral pigeon in your area get some of them . They got so much meat you can process them just like a little chicken or turkey. They got 3 times the amount of meat any dove has.
Posted By: trappergirl04

Re: Dove hunting - 08/07/20 03:24 PM

be careful with pigeon tho cause they can carry a lot of diseases
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Dove hunting - 08/18/20 06:30 PM

Me! Our tank is drying up though! sick cry mad
Posted By: DuckhunterYT

Re: Dove hunting - 08/25/20 05:46 PM

I shot a banded pigeon.

Re: Dove hunting - 08/25/20 06:16 PM

That’s awesome! I was selected to be in the National dove survey I have to log every time I hunt and how many I kill
Posted By: MOcoyotesJr

Re: Dove hunting - 09/06/20 01:18 AM

My dad, me, and one of my little brothers went dove hunting today! My dad killed 2 and I killed 2, we are gonna go again in the morning. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ryan333

Re: Dove hunting - 09/15/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by MOcoyotesJr
My dad, me, and one of my little brothers went dove hunting today! My dad killed 2 and I killed 2, we are gonna go again in the morning. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

cool!!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums