Home

Is this consider a refusal

Posted By: dog

Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 02:08 PM

His last step is circled
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 02:10 PM

It looks like the tracks are only one direction. No?
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 02:34 PM

Could be he got distracted?
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 06:07 PM

If he turned around I’d call that a refusal.
Posted By: Farmdog

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 06:15 PM

That's what I would call it. Take it for what it's worth, but hanging cable that close to the transition from grass/brush to open field is not a good location in my experience. Critters pause, slow down, and look around more in those transition areas. Sometimes it's the only place and I've caught them there, but I've seen more refusals. About 10 ft further down the trail makes a big difference if it can be done.

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 07:13 PM

That's a frozen pond he was on. He didn't turn around the way the snare is east he went south
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 09:01 PM

I’d make my snares longer so that swivel can get down closer to the ground.

I used to make 5’ snares but my extension swivel was often left hanging up high like yours is in the picture. And extra foot does wonders.

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/19/18 09:07 PM

Next year I'm going to make my own I bought these.
Posted By: fingertrapper

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 12:00 AM

Looks to be missing some important pieces if set in MI...might not want it up here for all to see. Maybe I just don't see it though.

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 12:07 AM

There all legal.There michigan legal snares from a well known manufacturer.they have double swivels a deer stop and a 285 pound break away hooked to a relaxing lock
Posted By: fingertrapper

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 12:16 AM

Good deal, my bad. You see a lot of people who never check, buy something, and then post up pics. Hope you get them.

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 12:28 AM

I hope I do to
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 01:47 AM

Michigan CRs have a Max length and then a Max length for the extension cable. I don't remember off hand what it is but I had the same looking set up when I was playing with them last year. I bought a bunch and have a bunch left. Was going to set up a property but the bait has not been touched thanks to our cold spell. Have a warm up now that may thaw stuff enough to draw some yotes to it. Good luck with the cables. I wish we could use them on state land....
Posted By: Davidl

Re: Is this consider a refusal - 01/20/18 01:07 PM

That's what I would call it. Take it for what it's worth, but hanging cable that close to the transition from grass/brush to open field is not a good location in my experience. Critters pause, slow down, and look around more in those transition areas. Sometimes it's the only place and I've caught them there, but I've seen more refusals. About 10 ft further down the trail makes a big difference if it can be done.

I'm with farmdog,I could have taken a picture of one of my sets that looked exactly like that one and yes I called it a refusal. But the first thing I learned was I won't be setting that close to an edge again. I did manage to restrain one in a set that looked like that but he was coming into the field not leaving it. I called it restrained because it chewed out so I really couldn't call it a catch.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums