Home

Northern New York coyotes- Prime?

Posted By: 080808

Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/29/18 09:24 PM

Located between the Adirondacks and the St Lawrence River. Got a

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/29/18 09:30 PM

Sorry have to finish. Above freezing temps til mid November. Better to wait a couple of weeks for better price?
Thanks

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/30/18 09:49 AM

Joe
Thanks
Posted By: WoodL

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/30/18 10:28 PM

Not that far north (lower Washington county by the Vermont line) but here is what they look like today.
Posted By: Zagman

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/31/18 10:05 AM

Yes, I'd NOT hesitate to trap coyotes from the opener in late Oct every year. I'd take 100 coyote from Nov 1st over 100 from Jan 15th all day long......sure, you get some smokers late, but you get a lot of junkers as well due to rubs.....

Since you guys up north have to battle deer gun season right out of the gates.....IF you only had a week or two to trap, I'd start after Nov 1st.

I start on the opener and try to get a few weeks in before the deer gun season.

MZ
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/31/18 10:33 AM

you after them now Zag??this wet weather has me convincing myself to keep waiting it'll get better.

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 10/31/18 06:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. Traps in tomorrow. I hear ya on deer hunting. Bow opens a couple of weeks before trapping. Muzzle loading til Dec 10th..Fortunately some landowners here hate the yotes more than deer. lol
Posted By: saquelie

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 11/02/18 12:48 AM

Rain since day 1, Zaggers pipe has me skinning a few.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Northern New York coyotes- Prime? - 11/02/18 10:22 AM

For anyone in the East that battles the typical rotten weather and other Eastern variables, if you are serious in becoming a better coyote trapper I would strongly suggest Zagger's coyote U. The man knows coyotes, knows long line methods, knows how to best deal with the weather we typically have, and knows how to teach. You might find other instructors in the country, and there are some good ones, but you will not find anyone else that can show you a better way to trap in the East. Period.

Mac
© 2024 Trapperman Forums