Home

Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less

Posted By: Treed1tm

Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/01/18 01:39 PM

Anyone using wire screen pan covers on Bridger dog less traps ? Have experimented not having much luck getting the screen to lay flat any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: DERRYNHTRAPPERJO

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/01/18 08:00 PM

I use wax paper in the early season, and zip lock bags when the snow settles in and the ground freezes. I've never used screen. has anyone used 1/4" hardware cloth? kind of like a flexible expand a pan?
Posted By: bmccoyote

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/01/18 08:14 PM

I use the fiberglass screen on the k9 extremes, which is basically the same pan as the bridger dogless, and it lays flat. Mine set just over the jaw on the catch side and under the jaw on the free side. I do remember reading somewhere that a little bow in the steel screen will increase the kill area.

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/02/18 11:20 AM

It definitely has a bow in it have not put it in the ground and tried it just not pleased with the looks of it.
Posted By: tbn

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/02/18 11:50 AM

Wire screen covers are not needed on the design of the Bridger dog less traps. The pans and set up are a different breed than the small pans on large trap. I also would not advise stuffing crap under the pan as there is very little clearance when level.
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/02/18 12:14 PM

I use polyfill under the pans of my bridgers, the. Peat and waxed sand. No problems and it handles rain well and it's been set this year!
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/02/18 12:30 PM

The only time I use screen wire is when I doing Zagger's pipe dream set. All other sets I use the yellow pipe insulation I am going to try some polyfill this year. I run bridger #2 dogless
J

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/02/18 01:22 PM

The pipe dream set is the reason that I have been experimenting with the screen, I use poly fill now and on the pipe insulation do you use it with the backing or no backing on the insulation ?
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/03/18 12:50 AM

No backing

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/06/18 03:37 PM

Thanks deleted previous reply been a few days since post that is the kind of pipe insulation that I bought and will be trying it this weekend if not sooner.
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/08/18 12:49 AM

In my opinion the Bridger dogless could have been a nice little affordable trap had their dogless design been different to make using a stiff screen pan cover easier. All they had to do was put a little tab for the pan to sit on the bottom side of the jaw instead of the top, which would let the pan sit below the jaws much better, similar to the NO BS, kB 5.5, and Jake trap dogless design.
Posted By: bluegrassman

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 11/08/18 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Turd Furgeson
In my opinion the Bridger dogless could have been a nice little affordable trap had their dogless design been different to make using a stiff screen pan cover easier. All they had to do was put a little tab for the pan to sit on the bottom side of the jaw instead of the top, which would let the pan sit below the jaws much better, similar to the NO BS, kB 5.5, and Jake trap dogless design.

thats what i did when i first played around with them. i welded a 1 inch long piece of 3/16 square stock on the bottom side of the jaw for the pan to catch on. i later cut them off as i found i could just tweek the screen a little and get them to work just fine as they were. i use black coated screen from ogorman.

i also now have mine double laminated. 1/4'' round rod on the outside and 3/16'' square stock on the inside.
Posted By: vatrapping87

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 01/12/19 06:35 PM

bluegrassman, can you post a pic of how you use your screen with the bridger dogless?
Posted By: saquelie

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 01/12/19 11:13 PM

[Linked Image]This is how I use John Grahams screen for my bridger #2 dogless with Zaggers pipe set.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 01/13/19 01:25 AM

Not sure what i do will work for Zagger set, but regular screen cut to fit inside the entire trap works well. I cut a template and cut the screen with scissors. Caught a bunch of critters with Bridger 2 dogless.
Posted By: Mr. Ed

Re: Screen wire pan covers Bridger dog less - 01/13/19 06:03 AM

I tried just the grass without the screen on the pipe dream set and it does not work.I use lawn grass clippings and when there is wet weather or really cold weather the dry grass will fall down around the pan. The screen is definitely needed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums