Home

How far apart?

Posted By: ShawneeMan

How far apart? - 01/16/19 11:15 PM

... do you guys make your coyote sets?
Setting about a 350 acre pasture with some woods.
Cows are in another pasture.
I usually space them out pretty far apart - like 1/10th of a mile or so...
Posted By: The Beav

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 12:02 AM

Are you gang setting each location? At least 2 sets at each location in some situations 3 would be better.

If a 300 acre farm has 5 good locations On It I'm going to gang set all of those locations.
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 01:00 AM

Same as Beav
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 01:45 AM

If you look at a piece of ground, there will be travel routes and destinations. I, under advice, quite the travel lanes and went right to the destinations. I will set 8-10 traps within 10-15 yards, all the trails leading in, etc, and catch em all in 3-4 days. On a big piece of land, there might be 2-3 of them places. You can skin til your arms go to noodles.

I find the spots and set em all. This travel lane bit is just silly. Set all round the cattle. Cow is the best coyote attractor I know of.

I skip the low percentage spots and go right to it.
Posted By: Dustin_Drews

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 02:07 AM

The Beav said it best.
Focus on the locations!
Find tracks and turds and start slinging steel!
God Bless

Dustin
Posted By: tbn

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 03:19 AM

I disagree baca. If you are referring to eastern Colorado or western ks where there is very few trees and flat ground for miles with those large feedlots, that is a no brainer. Take mile sections with draws.creeks rivers tree rows etc.there will be a hot spot where they enter that section and leave that section.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: How far apart? - 01/17/19 06:36 PM

I certainly appreciate all the input and advice.
Thank you all!!

A wise man will seek the council of experience... The foolish man thinks he knows it all!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums