Home

Flat Stake Swivels

Posted By: ADK95

Flat Stake Swivels - 02/21/19 01:49 PM

Anyone put these on their body grips? I’m going through and adding an inline swivel to each one of my 330s and 220s. Just thinking about replacing the loop on the ends with these. I usually stake in place with 24 inch t-bar and I know those loops really shouldn’t be trusted.

Thanks for the advice!

-Nate
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 02/21/19 02:10 PM

Go for It.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 02/22/19 03:39 PM

I also can't see any reason not to.They wew my favorite swivel when I single staked fox traps.

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 02/22/19 09:29 PM

Thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing... Never seen anyone put them on their body grips.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 02/23/19 06:40 PM

My old fox traps were Victor 1.5 coils.In more recent years I decided to use them for rats and mink.All I did was put 30" of quality chain on them and kept the flat stake swivel on the end.I use 30" T stakes or fiberglass rods and I like the setup.
Posted By: Wife

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 03/01/19 02:37 PM

Use enough chain so as to eliminate any lever/jacking of a rebar stake or make sure your stake swivel's hole is large enough (big enough diameter compared to the stake's diam.)) to not cause any binding on the stake.Small swivel holes with 1/2" diam. rebar can spell stake lifting problems if short chained and larger species (coyotes, feral dogs etc.) are possible catches.... my take
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 03/01/19 03:14 PM

He's using them on body grips so most of your concerns while well noted won't be much of an issue.

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 03/01/19 03:25 PM

I appreciate the info! All of my k9 traps are either on super stakes or drags. I was just wondering about body grips. I catch quite a few otter and while 220s always seem to do it, there’s a chance of a hip caught critter in a 330. Always just trying to make things a little better and safer.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Flat Stake Swivels - 03/01/19 04:45 PM

I add a in line swivel to my #330s (cable) and add the flat stake swivel to the end as well. Works for me. The inline swivel is nice for an occasional otter that doesn't cooperate.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums