Wanted to asked which ones other people had luck with? I have used
Bobcat gland lure.
Coyote gland lure
Pro choice
Magna glan.
Trapping fox cats yotes beaver and coon. Thanks
Posted By: Pad Catch

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 11:59 AM

Pro's Choice, Magna Glan, Pro Mix and Canine Call are, and will always be, in my bag. I use a lot of Canine Call on Red Fox here in PA. Anything Carmen's will produce.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 01:04 PM

Canine call and mink gland are two I have used since 80s on my coyote line. Bushwacker is a bait I've used since then, too.
Jim

Here is my latest order from MN Trapline products. I have a lot of faith in these, been using these for so many years they just work.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 01:21 PM

A little dry stick with Bushwhacker is all you need for bait. Something about it coyotes like.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 02:10 PM

Try some of his new ones. musk formula is death on coons, so if you are trapping fox and wanting coon too, it's a great lure.
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 04:24 PM

Magna glan, pros choice, and deep creek mink for coyotes. And I use his MCL-100 a lot for coon
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 10:22 PM

Is the mink gland good? Or the canine cream? I am buying up a bunch to do me for a few yrs. Got a place to store it?
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Carman Lures - 08/11/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat_trapper
Is the mink gland good? Or the canine cream? I am buying up a bunch to do me for a few yrs. Got a place to store it?

I just store mine in the basement in a old tackle box

Re: Carman Lures - 08/12/19 11:31 PM

I have a reloading room/ trapping supplies room. I keep Gusto gh11 hellfire and lightning in there. Has anyone used carman blackfoot or silent partner or three river mink?
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 02:30 AM

I have used 3 river mink for a change up for yotes. Good stuff
Posted By: Carolina Foxer

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 02:48 PM

circle maker is a really good one down here, and i also like vent scent.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 03:37 PM

Russ Carman will be at Neal olson's this weekend
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Canine call and mink gland are two I have used since 80s on my coyote line. Bushwacker is a bait I've used since then, too.
Jim

How do you use the Canine Call at your sets for coyotes? I’m going to try it for the first time this year.

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 05:19 PM

What type meat is bushwacker made out of? I too would like to know about canine call mink gland together?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 09:03 PM

I haven't tried all Carmen's lures but every one I have tried worked real well
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Carman Lures - 08/13/19 11:58 PM

Hey grandpa trapper...
Canine call either goes into one hole on a double dirthole set or it gets smeared on something for a post or flat set. Probably not how you are supposed to use it, but that's what I do with it.
Jim

Re: Carman Lures - 08/14/19 03:53 PM

Good tip. When I get all the carman lures. That I told the guy I would buy . Should be 54+ bottles of carmans . Should do me a while.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Carman Lures - 08/14/19 06:50 PM

Good tip. When I get all the carman lures. That I told the guy I would buy . Should be 54+ bottles of carmans . Should do me a while.

Select four good lures and learn how to pick 50 good predator locations on the properties you trap.

Re: Carman Lures - 08/16/19 08:36 PM

I started trapping side of highway on way to work. 85 miles one way. The bridges turn out to be bobcat hotspots. Even if it didnt look like one. Coons too set dp out to catch most of the coons before got to my cat sets.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Carman Lures - 08/16/19 09:14 PM

What type meat is bushwacker made out of? I too would like to know about canine call mink gland together?

I don't know if it's a secret, but bushwhacker is ground up mink.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Carman Lures - 08/17/19 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by PAskinner

I don't know if it's a secret, but bushwhacker is ground up mink.

Didn’t know that?

Re: Carman Lures - 08/19/19 09:47 PM

I have got a few jars of bushwacker to try it. I got enough carmans to do me for a while. I dont use coyote urine. 98% of the time bobcat and red fox. I have 3 or 4 bottles of coyote gland lure. Could a person used red fox urine and carman coyote gland lure?
Posted By: red mt

Re: Carman Lures - 08/20/19 01:37 AM

Coyote urine on cats work pretty darn well till breeding starts.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Carman Lures - 08/20/19 07:27 PM

I have got a few jars of bushwacker to try it. I got enough carmans to do me for a while. I dont use coyote urine. 98% of the time bobcat and red fox. I have 3 or 4 bottles of coyote gland lure. Could a person used red fox urine and carman coyote gland lure?

Nah that don't work wink

Re: Carman Lures - 08/21/19 01:38 PM

I will pick up some coyote urine at the south eastern meet. I never used coyote urine before. I just use red fox then went to bobcat . But I do carry red fox with me. We have so many coyotes its unreal. I am going to use the carman coyote gland lure this yr.
Posted By: backinthegame

Re: Carman Lures - 08/21/19 11:35 PM

Won't leave the truck without Silent Partner!

Re: Carman Lures - 08/23/19 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by backinthegame
Won't leave the truck without Silent Partner!

Do you use it in dirt hole set?

Re: Carman Lures - 08/26/19 12:00 PM

I picked up some of the pro lure . Circle maker plus 3 other ones.

Re: Carman Lures - 08/27/19 01:34 AM

Beaver lure, Circle maker circle maker mag, LurMax, vent sent , Musk formula, Wind drifter. I cant wait to try them.

Re: Carman Lures - 09/13/19 03:04 PM

I got a box with 6 bottles of canine call and 1 circle maker and vent sent in. Did someone say try mcl100 with it?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums