Home

Sleepy creek

Posted By: Miley

Sleepy creek - 08/14/19 12:28 AM

I see stock is going fast since they’re not manufacturing traps anymore. Just grabbed a couple of 4 1/2 Long springs from Minnesota trap. Anybody else buying?
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/14/19 02:34 PM

I bought a bunch of their #2 longsprings from a supplier and I'm a fan of their stoploss design so I picked up a few dozen of those other then that that is about it
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/14/19 03:41 PM

I am of there #11 and #3 coil offsets. I havent gotten any yet. Just bought a dz of bridger #2 dogless. Next ones sleepy creek #3. I have some #11 with round pans on them.
Posted By: Miley

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/23/19 02:33 PM

I remember Zagman said his go to beaver trap was the 4 1/2 ,ls but there was a issue with the baseplate not extending all the way to the end of the cross frame. It became a issue when setting over your knee, where the frame will bend. The two I just bought have the baseplate correct having it extend all the way. Trap is a tank! Guess sleepy creek listened! Think I will buy a couple more before they are all gone! Still can’t believe they are out of business. The 13/4 offset cs was the first trap I bought starting out under the recommendation of the Leggetts!
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/23/19 07:03 PM

I don't know if there were certain runs with the bendable base,or what,I bought a bunch of No.3 LS used and none of them had these issues.The mods done were laminated jaws,thats it.Set them across my knee all the time with no issues.I really liked their No.13/4s,and a couple of years ago bought their modified 11/2 coils,loved them.Its a shame to see an American Co.closing their doors.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/24/19 12:44 AM

southeastern outdoor supplies bought a bunch ahead of time so i'd ask them if needed
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Sleepy creek - 08/26/19 02:27 PM

I wonder why they closed?
Posted By: AJE

Re: Sleepy creek - 09/10/19 02:32 AM

I wish they'd lower their asking price, and sell to someone that would keep it going.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums