Home

Quality Urine Sources

Posted By: Pad Catch

Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 01:29 PM

I have purchased a lot of various brands of urine and have always struggled with determining good and bad sources of urine.

So my question is:

1. What are things to look for when determining a good urine using sight and smell?

2. Who are some reputable sources of quality uncut urine?

Thanks all.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 03:10 PM

www.derricks-nm.com
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 03:16 PM

There is a lot of different opinions of what comprises good or bad urine so I won't go there LOL.. The 2 I trust are Wayne Derrick and Andy Weiser, do yourself a favor and call both to get their opinions. Then when you get some let the animals tell you what they think.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 04:25 PM

X100 Andys and Wayne have some of the BEST...…...
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 06:57 PM

O'Gorman
Posted By: late bite

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pad Catch
I have purchased a lot of various brands of urine and have always struggled with determining good and bad sources of urine.

So my question is:

1. What are things to look for when determining a good urine using sight and smell?

2. Who are some reputable sources of quality uncut urine?

Thanks all.

The last jug I got from AW smelled like skunk and was cut with an antifreeze, so that would answer #2
But thats just my humble opinion............
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 10:42 PM

In the past five years I have been getting urine through Andy Weiser, John Graham and Wayne Derrick. They have all good stuff.
Posted By: Hern

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 10:54 PM

Jameson is from Pa. He has good products.

check his site out---> http://www.jamesonsultrablend.com/
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 11:25 PM

MTP.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/14/19 11:32 PM

waynes single male yote is the closest thing to the real bladder stuff ive ever smelled! Andys is a close second. My urine from andy didn't have any skunk smell id of liked it better had it.Carmin said in his book skunk and winter urine have some of the same chemical propertys. I wasn't aware bob collected his own urine. wish he'd chime in and say
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 08:00 AM

Best urine I've got is from the guy that can't post on here from Indiana and you have to get it 5 gallons at a time...it's very dark with sediment and sticks to your hands....it's a lure in itself.....I wouldn't hesitate to buy from John Graham. Dark urine doesn't scare me at all it's the watered down clear urine that I question that freezes right at 32 degrees. The stuff from Indiana I've had bouncing in the back of the truck at -15 and it was still shooting. Ammonia smell is fine but if it smells like sewer it's junk. I'm considering buying a gallon or two of cat urine from John since the quality urine should be dried up soon when it comes to cats...
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 09:23 AM

The first time I collected coyote urine I couldn't figure out where all that sediment was coming from and why it smelled different than what I was buying. I finally figured out that what was in the jugs I had bought was junk. Pee in a clean mason jar and let it sit a few days. There will be a sediment show up in the bottom of the jar. You cant filter it out it is supposed to be there. If you keep some "urine" for a year or two it will get clear. Winter collected from meat fed animals will keep forever without preservative or any special handling. It wont be yellow either. At least not after its a few days old.

Yes there is artificial urine for sale as natural urine. Some sold by a large wholesaler of trapping scents to dealers who sell it as natural. Some is just tea with some ammonia and a drop of skunk essence.

A lot of fox urine comes from fur farms. Preservative is added. A few unscrupulous types stick a garden hose in the bucket before they put it in jugs.

There are people selling supplies whose word is golden also. You need to do your due diligence. I don't want banned so that's all I will say.
Posted By: Sliprig

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 05:10 PM

Last two posts are all you need to know.
Slip
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 05:24 PM

Check your pm
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Best urine I've got is from the guy that can't post on here from Indiana and you have to get it 5 gallons at a time...it's very dark with sediment and sticks to your hands....it's a lure in itself.....I wouldn't hesitate to buy from John Graham. Dark urine doesn't scare me at all it's the watered down clear urine that I question that freezes right at 32 degrees. The stuff from Indiana I've had bouncing in the back of the truck at -15 and it was still shooting. Ammonia smell is fine but if it smells like sewer it's junk. I'm considering buying a gallon or two of cat urine from John since the quality urine should be dried up soon when it comes to cats...
He adds a few drops of skunk to a 55 gallon drum. ID buy a 55 gallon drum from him if it wasn't so inconvinent to handle.His supply is about depleted

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sliprig
Slip

Yep, people don't understand until they have had the good stuff!

Slip, did we meet at the unmentionable indiana guys cookout?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 06:49 PM

Does good pen collected urine look and smell the same as bladder urine? Some people's description of urine doesn't sound like the same stuff as I get from the bladder.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/16/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Does good pen collected urine look and smell the same as bladder urine? Some people's description of urine doesn't sound like the same stuff as I get from the bladder.

Nope
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/17/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by TONY.F
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
He adds a few drops of skunk to a 55 gallon drum. ID buy a 55 gallon drum from him if it wasn't so inconvinent to handle.His supply is about depleted

Last time I saw Bob post regarding his urine he stated he still had a large number of barrels of coyote urine. It's not the easiest to get your hands on but it's worth every bit of the trouble. I've only used his fox urine but I can only assume it's of the same quality. I think everyone is going to have trouble coming up with quality bobcat urine well before we have to worry about coyote urine drying up. I don't really care what type of urine anyone uses but if I was looking for quality it would be dark, strong, and have sediment. Anyone that I've ever turned on to the real stuff has always been amazed at the difference between that and what's peddled by some dealers. I'm not here to change anyone's mind but if you want the best....there's a few places to go....they are slowly fading.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/17/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Not when it's collected from multiple animals. Good single is close but still not quite the same which is a good thing according to the coyotes. One can evaporate good urine to strengthen it also. Just loosen the cap for a few days the water will evap out and boost the good stuff. Try one drop of sweet skunk per pint for late season. Your welcome

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/17/19 04:17 PM

Gary you will never get bladder pee to be anything like the meat fed/winter collected real stuff, no matter what you try... Maybe next time your over I will call off the armed guards, open the safe and let you admire my 5 gallon bucket of Lost Forty Pee. Got to warn ya though, your smeller wont be right for a while.......
Posted By: Carolina Foxer

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/17/19 04:25 PM

A urine collected from animals fed a meat-only diet is not natural, because in the wild fox and coyotes eat berries and plants and stomach contents of herbivores, etc. Urine collected from animals that are fed a cereal dog food diet or a mixed diet is more closely in line with bladder urine taken from catches . But that is exactly the point. Urine from animals on the meat-only diet is not normal or natural. What it is, is FAR superior in its attraction abilities. Its a lot of work, and takes a lot of time and effort and meat to do it right, but once you see the difference, there's no going back.

I have talked with the fella from IN and used his instructions and its the real deal. Can't use store bought stuff anymore.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/17/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by late bite
Gary you will never get bladder pee to be anything like the meat fed/winter collected real stuff, no matter what you try... Maybe next time your over I will call off the armed guards, open the safe and let you admire my 5 gallon bucket of Lost Forty Pee. Got to warn ya though, your smeller wont be right for a while.......

I realize that and totally agree, I'll bring a small bottle and plenty of money LOL.. Meat fed winter collected is best but not enough available for the masses, so I've had to adapt. As posted it's close but not quite the same. I'll bring ya some sweet skunk so we can add some to BWs for late.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 04:13 PM

My coyotes aren’t eating any berries, fruits, hoppers, or veggies come December. And theyve probably been off that diet for a month by than.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 05:29 PM

So what I'm understanding is cage collected urine is different than bladder urine (which I assume is the most natural) and some are saying the good pen collected is better than bladder urine. Has anyone tested the two side by side and verified which is more attractive either at a test set or camera or are we just thinking the pen stuff is better because its stronger smelling or because someone else told us that? Because to my limited thinking the stress coyotes in the pen are under would be the main reason of the difference in the two. And along those lines I would "guess" maybe the natural stuff would be better. Just thinking out loud here and seeing what some of your thoughts are.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 05:30 PM

I got pens this summer so maybe I'll put the 2 to a test when I get some of both.
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 06:41 PM

Reuwsaat's Private Stock urine is probably the best quality urine money can buy!

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by AuthorTrapper
Reuwsaat's Private Stock urine is probably the best quality urine money can buy!

Why so?

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 07:12 PM

In a collection pen the animals are getting scent from their bodies and no matter how careful you are a tiny amount of fecal matter. Also it sits in the open awhile in a container that isnt sealed. Water evaporates and concentrates it a bit. When i collect i feed whole cotton tails. A natural winter diet
Posted By: mainer

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 08:58 PM

Danny, do you sell any of your winter collected urine?

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 10:29 PM

no mainer. the last three seasons I been buying from another trapper.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/18/19 10:47 PM

Okay, thanks for the response.
Posted By: Archeryguy

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/19/19 09:04 AM

I never seem to find urine in the fox and coyote bladders so once January arrives and the red fox urine gets very strong smelling I'm out there with a spoon and jar collecting urine sprayed on the snow. Freeze off the water and you have some really potent, natural urine.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/19/19 12:19 PM

All of your questions could be answered if you'll just go out in a sandy location and squirt urine on a stick before season without traps. With an open mind, of coarse. Trust me it will open your eyes not only for response but the actual trap placement.

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/22/19 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by late bite
Originally Posted by Sliprig
Slip

Yep, people don't understand until they have had the good stuff!

Slip, did we meet at the unmentionable indiana guys cookout?

I'm sure we did, been going for years. As far as questioning his urine. Bob has given me in grand tour of his fur shed/collection pens. Goes straight from the animal to a clean 5 gallon bucket. He uses 55gal drums for bulk storage. He has bottles of skunk sure, but not for mixing. He markets it to lure makers, straight. In fact the man is a master at using every part of his harvest.

Slip
Posted By: tjm

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/23/19 05:24 AM

I read on Tman some years ago that good coyote or fox urine might be amber when fresh but would get dark quick when exposed to sunlight, the man said that he'd used 15 year old urine that was black as tar. Asa told about a supplier that had amber stuff for sale but had more stuff setting in the sun turning dark that he'd sell for more money That long and most informative urine thread had 5 or 6 good urine producers in conversation with each other and was removed in the recent house cleaning. It was decided that the vet's urine was actually a lure after it had been frozen out. Heckuva loss of information in that clean up. But if had some yeller pee I'd set it in the sun for a week and see what happened.
Danny and Wade told you enough that you know or can figure out the rest.
And I believe some of that good urine from MT was sourced in IN. and the source may be cut off?

Re: Quality Urine Sources - 10/23/19 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
I read on Tman some years ago that good coyote or fox urine might be amber when fresh but would get dark quick when exposed to sunlight, the man said that he'd used 15 year old urine that was black as tar. Asa told about a supplier that had amber stuff for sale but had more stuff setting in the sun turning dark that he'd sell for more money That long and most informative urine thread had 5 or 6 good urine producers in conversation with each other and was removed in the recent house cleaning. It was decided that the vet's urine was actually a lure after it had been frozen out. Heckuva loss of information in that clean up. But if had some yeller pee I'd set it in the sun for a week and see what happened.
Danny and Wade told you enough that you know or can figure out the rest.
And I believe some of that good urine from MT was sourced in IN. and the source may be cut off?

I hear the same story, darn shame you can't trust a fellow trapper.

Slip
© 2024 Trapperman Forums