Home

I messed up.

Posted By: cliffwhy

I messed up. - 11/21/19 04:09 PM

Some a local boy caught his 1st coyote of season....and 2nd of his career the other day. I helped him skin it and put it on a wire stretcher.
Last night i turned it fur out and saw that we apparently left a couple of major blood spots on fur. I quickly rubbed borax on them and hung up to dry. Any advice on blood stain removal on partially dried hides? I would notbe worried it it were mine, but it is the boys. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: I messed up. - 11/21/19 04:50 PM

Spray and wipe with hydrogen peroxide.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: I messed up. - 11/21/19 04:58 PM

Let it dry then when turned fur out give it a borax treatment. Once the skin as dried and the fur turned out work considerable dry borax powder into the stained areas, let set for 10-15 minutes and then comb, brush, and shake the borax out. Using this borax treatment method works extremely well as can be seen in the following before and after pictures. As well as removing blood stains the borax also cleans and brightens the fur. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cliffwhy

Re: I messed up. - 11/21/19 05:20 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: I messed up. - 11/21/19 05:25 PM

I keep a tube of chlorox wipes handy for small bloody spots. I rub the bloody area with the pre treated wipes as many as is necessary to totally clean the area of the blood. I comb out and rub dry or use old hair dryer to dry the spot well. I then rub with borax thoroughly and let it continue to air dry.
Works well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums