Home

Conibear trigger setting?

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Conibear trigger setting? - 12/03/19 02:12 AM

Is the third notch to hard for animals to set off? Do most of you use the first or second setting for dry land sets most of the time?
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/03/19 02:36 AM

I almost always use the first notch. That said, I use Belises, almost exclusively.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by alaska viking
I almost always use the first notch. That said, I use Belises, almost exclusively.

X2
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 02:39 PM

First notch on trails, third notch in coni boxes for coons
Posted By: Boco

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 03:13 PM

First notch.On the ldl there is only one notch.
The reason the dogs have 3 notches is that you can file the 3 notches differently so the trap will fire more hair trigger on one and fire hard on the other for,say if you were setting in a current in water and you wanted a hard firing set,you could use the harder firing notch,and if your dealing with a hugger animal like a mink etc,at a baited set you can have a hair trigger option.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 03:47 PM

I use whatever notch hold the trap snug on my stabilizer.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 05:55 PM

What ADC said.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/04/19 08:21 PM

I used Belisles with pan triggers in boxes set on the last notch which requires the greatest pressure to set off to avoid firing by mice.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/05/19 02:18 AM

On 330s, I use the notch closest to the jaw until the corner of it gets rounded off from wear over time. I then use the other notch until I have a chance to work on the worn notch on the vice.
In my experience, once a beaver commits to going through the trap, it does so eagerly, and trigger tension matters not.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Conibear trigger setting? - 12/05/19 02:50 AM

What the beav said about adc
© 2024 Trapperman Forums