Home

Electronic callers

Posted By: plainstrapping25

Electronic callers - 12/10/19 11:36 PM

I have a few of these and never used them yet. I don't use cages so i was wondering if they would work in a deep dirt hole.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Electronic callers - 12/10/19 11:49 PM

Above or just out of the catch circle zone is better. The idea is to get the quarry close enough to your set to find it.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Electronic callers - 01/19/20 11:27 AM

I've never heard of them used around here, so I'm thinking they must not be legal.

Re: Electronic callers - 01/20/20 03:37 AM

No, they are legal. Can buy them on f&t trading post. They are working on my snare line. Just wondering if they could be used on leg hold sets.

Re: Electronic callers - 01/21/20 02:58 AM

Do they last very long in cold weather?

Re: Electronic callers - 01/21/20 03:15 AM

Ya. Figure new batteries will last u 3 weeks. Someone I know uses them for his bobcat sets. He said they good of those

Re: Electronic callers - 01/25/20 12:03 PM

I ordered 2 from F&T today, will give it a try. I read our regs 3 times & as far as I can tell they indeed are legal. Interesting.

Re: Electronic callers - 01/25/20 04:34 PM

Ya I put them in bucket cubbies. Turn on and throw a lil something over it. I think a visual attactant should work great, but I can't use in my state. So I put bait and lure. With a 220 with a expand a pan. Hammering coon on it. Gonna be setting a new property next week and heard there's some cats there. So anxious to see if I can't get one on this set.

Re: Electronic callers - 01/26/20 11:56 AM

I wonder how far the sound carries

Re: Electronic callers - 01/28/20 06:57 PM

I got my 2 callers last night. I haven't even opened the box yet but I grabbed my batteries this morning, threw them in the truck, and am anxious to get out of the office early today and get those 2 going. 1 I'm going to put under that cabin I mentioned of (I added a couple extra traps yesterday in that viscinity). The other 1 I'll put in the back of a cubby near a thicket that I saw tracks 3 weeks ago but not a track since (and nothing has touched the beaver carcass that I put out a week and a half ago). This could be interesting. Along w/ using this new noise transmitting device from F&T, I'll also probably try actual (hunting) calling (with the predator [mouth] meow call) that I got last night from F&T. We'll see if I can get 'em moving. There's no apparent way I can funnel 'em where I want 'em, so maybe this strategy will get 'em moving.

Re: Electronic callers - 01/28/20 07:17 PM

Good luck
© 2024 Trapperman Forums