Home

Which spray for coyote?

Posted By: son-of-grizz

Which spray for coyote? - 12/14/19 07:19 PM

What flea or bug killer do you guys use on your coyote? Figured put in large trash bag and spray down just not sure which one to get.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/14/19 07:33 PM

Might just be my area but I’ve never found either on a coyote . Use to have squirrels covered in fleas . Had to hang them in trees and come back after they cooled off . Wonder if the fleas would leave the coyotes after they are cold ?
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/14/19 07:42 PM

Raid is as good as any. A 3 count and tie the bag off, works well.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/14/19 11:47 PM

Raid here also.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/15/19 12:44 AM

I use the raid that says kills on contact
Posted By: AJE

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/15/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by wr otis

When they get cold the bugs flee looking for something else warm, which is no good.

Is it the fact the animal is dead, or that it's cold?

I'd be curious to know how quickly all the bugs will leave a dead/cold critter
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/15/19 06:33 AM

When the animal dies and the blood stops flowing, the food source for the fleas is gone. They leave once they figure that out.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/15/19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by bctomcat
Raid here also.

Originally Posted by robert.d12
I use the raid that says kills on contact

Same here

First fox I ever caught I just loaded into the car and bought home put it in the basement till
I got back from work well a couple weeks later the first fleas appeared and so began several weeks of war against them

At one point whenever you vacuumed it sounded like you were cooking popcorn when you removed the vacuum bag there were so many fleas bouncing around inside

Not to mention the dog scratching themselves raw

And all the red spots on legs and arms ect

And swore never again go through that
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 12:39 PM

cv-80 barn spray is what I use but that's just cause that's what I have on hand. id use raid in a heartbeat if I had it cause that cv-80 isn't cheap.
Posted By: Schipper

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 02:20 PM

Permethrin works great. Buy the concentrate and mix it yourself
Posted By: cat4fish

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 04:15 PM

I'll spray with cv-80. Then skin and wash in dog flee and tick shampoo. Kills all the crawlies and leave them with a nice smell .
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 04:51 PM

[Linked Image]

I use a lot of this. Bag cats or wrap up larger critters in a tarp after spraying.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 07:15 PM

Whatever it is, skin bare-handed so you absorb your share of it!
Posted By: son-of-grizz

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/16/19 07:56 PM

I will try the raid. Pulled all my coyote sets today. Have to take my father-in-law to hospital Thursday. Kinda falling behind on skinning so figured take the next couple days to get caught up on fur shed duties. Thanks for the help.

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/17/19 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ditchdiver
When the animal dies and the blood stops flowing, the food source for the fleas is gone. They leave once they figure that out.

I would imagine that happens fairly quickly, I don't know
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/17/19 10:46 AM

I would rather have to take a shower when I'm done in the fur shed than breath raid fumes every day. Hot water and those fleas will come right off. Fox, especially swift fox, are where I see the most fleas.

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/17/19 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Furvor
Whatever it is, skin bare-handed so you absorb your share of it!

Yeah, I can't imagine some of the products some are using are safe.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/17/19 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I would rather have to take a shower when I'm done in the fur shed than breath raid fumes every day. Hot water and those fleas will come right off. Fox, especially swift fox, are where I see the most fleas.

Danny I used to think the same thing but spend a summer fighting to eradicate a flea infested house and you will I had to use a lot more poison to win then what I use to prevent another such infestation

The only other option was to burn the house down

It was really that bad
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/17/19 08:22 PM

how many dogs are living in your house?
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/18/19 04:45 AM

I use a spray called Good Night. I just hang them up and spray them down. No odder or fums like raid and no need to bag them.
I know fleas will stay on a dead critter for quite a while. A lot of the coyotes I snare are froze solid and when they start to thaw the fleas start coming out.

Re: Which spray for coyote? - 12/21/19 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by MT bowhunter

I know fleas will stay on a dead critter for quite a while. A lot of the coyotes I snare are froze solid and when they start to thaw the fleas start coming out.

I've wondered about that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums