Wolf Creek traps - 12/15/19 02:55 AM

Does anyone know much about this brand?
https://www.wolfcreekproducts.net/weasel-trap
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/15/19 03:25 AM

Not a bad trap for the price.
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/16/19 12:48 PM

I want to try a half dozen of the #2 dogless traps they make if they are a good reliable trap I may buy 3 dozen.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/16/19 02:20 PM

"Ohio" screenname on here (Glenn Witchey in real life) makes these traps. They are based on the original Northwoods traps and the dogless version has a Montgomery dogless system added to them. They are a very economical trap to run that is for sure. I run 2 dozen #2 dogless among other types of Wolf creek traps. The traps can easily be modified with any Northwoods based mod like laminations base plates or even Wild River Pans. I have spoke emailed with Mike Kelly and he has pans set up for the #2 and #3 models if that might trip your trigger.

I have a thread on here somewhere of unpacking the #2's and getting them set up to roll out. Out of box prep is similar to any other trap and the quality is on point. Any questions about them you can message me or even better yet Glenn will respond to messages as well and is a great guy.
Posted By: Ohio

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/16/19 03:31 PM

Well Thank You thedude055. And you are right on about the designs.
Posted By: btomlin

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/16/19 10:38 PM

I like them. Toes seem to be on or near the pan and there are no traps to adjust after catches. Just drop them back in ground and cover them up.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AJE

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/17/19 10:28 AM

Anyone try his weasel trap? I see it resembles the Victor rat trap, but has a metal pan.

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 12/17/19 05:28 PM

BTomlin, looks good.

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 01/09/20 09:40 AM

I might try the weasel trap if I can find a way to avoid having to buy them in bulk.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 01/09/20 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by AJE
I might try the weasel trap if I can find a way to avoid having to buy them in bulk.

I might order some of those from them, depending on the price of similar "rat" traps here at the local Agway. I'm making new weasel box's today since mink and muskrat will close here Sunday.

If I do maybe I'll just get a dozen or two and send ya a couple. I'll let you know where I go with it.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/01/20 11:11 PM

I've looked at them on their website, priced very economically. I'm a cheapskate, and am gonna order some for next year. I'm not one to care about brand so long as they're dependable.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/03/20 10:26 PM

I bought a 1/2 dozen over Christmas dogless#2. Have caught some coons and possums but no coyote yet. I touched up the dog a little bit with a file and got them tripping at around 3 lbs. The only thing I will change on them is to base plate and center swivel them and get rid of the bolt on the bottom of pan
J
Posted By: Bud Mackes

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/04/20 12:47 PM

From the pics they sure do look like my old Northwoods CS.

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/05/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Mackes
From the pics they sure do look like my old Northwoods CS.

Thats what i copied

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/29/20 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by JTaddeo

I might order some of those from them, depending on the price of similar "rat" traps here at the local Agway. I'm making new weasel box's today since mink and muskrat will close here Sunday.

If I do maybe I'll just get a dozen or two

It'd be interesting to know how they compare to the traditional Victor rat snap trap
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 02/29/20 12:20 PM

I'm originally from Ohio, and am taking a trip back in a few weeks to visit family. I'm going to try and swing by the factory on my way, and get a sample trap or two. Will advise if I'm successful.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 03:04 PM

Glen will you be @ Indiana this summer for the National ?

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 03:21 PM

No, but i ill be in Kalamazoo for the National.

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fireplug
I'm originally from Ohio, and am taking a trip back in a few weeks to visit family. I'm going to try and swing by the factory on my way, and get a sample trap or two. Will advise if I'm successful.

Im normally here 8 to 4 Monday through Friday. You can call me at 330-329-7501
Posted By: Fireplug

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 05:10 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: hollowtrapper

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 11:06 PM

i got 4 of the no 2s 2 offset and 2 regular jaw dogless trap. love em tad bit filing an good to go. especially like the bolt on bottom with nut for fine tuning plus had the opportunity to talk to Glenn (ohio) really enjoyed!
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/03/20 11:38 PM

I didnt see this post. I posted this morning asking about the #2 and #3 dogless offset traps. Do they come 4 coil? I have some old northwood #2 offset they look like them. I have been reading all I can on them. I sure like the looks of them. I got some dogless bridger's #2. I liking the dogless ones. The #2 offset dogless 85.00 a dz #3 offset dogless 99.00 dz. That is a very good deal.
Posted By: hollowtrapper

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/08/20 01:07 PM

no they dont come 4 coiled
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/08/20 02:48 PM

Ordering some of the weasel traps. I despise plastic. Thanks for the link AJE.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Wolf Creek traps - 03/10/20 08:23 PM

Just received a couple #2 dog-on to look them over heavy duty trap sets flat very good straight link chain set-up with 2 swivels and rivet at frame lots of metal for baseplates laminations or whatever else you feel is necessary springs are northwoods style with the bend on top to keep the levers straight wide debris gap at the bottom of the jaws Levers come up higher and are shorter than my #2 Bridgers Springs are very stout all in all well worth looking into
© 2024 Trapperman Forums