Home

BadUrine?

Posted By: Panhandlepuncher

BadUrine? - 01/11/20 02:11 AM

Is it possible that urine could be “bad”? I ordered some urine from a bait/lure maker and when I started using it, was like turning the lights off. Nothing. I set a lot off sandy 2 track roads. Obvious tracks repeatedly going by my sets. Not working the sets at all. Possible that the urine caused this? More likely it’s just the time of year?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 03:41 AM

if it smells like sewage its trash
if it smells like ammonia its good

this is rule #2 of trapping, that your local mentor sposd to teach you!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:15 AM

More than one gallon of tea with a little ammonia and a drop or two of skunk has been sold as urine. Sure a coyote fox or cat may walk right on by good pee, but not very often. Usually if they don't stop and have a sniff its cause the wind is blowing the wrong direction.
Posted By: plainstrapping25

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:15 AM

Not everyone was blessed or fortunate enough to have a tutor.
Posted By: Panhandlepuncher

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:29 AM

No tutors around here for the most part. Everybody hung their traps up in the early 80’s. It pretty well died out around here.

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:41 AM

We still got a few left. But they will never mentor someone. And if you ask them for advice they will give you bad advice and all laugh at you when you leave and do it. Never could figure it out.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by plainstrapping25
We still got a few left. But they will never mentor someone. And if you ask them for advice they will give you bad advice and all laugh at you when you leave and do it. Never could figure it out.

I don't think you've looked too hard. Maybe try getting ahold of the president of the Nebraska Furharvesters. Eric will point you in the right direction. I'm not sure where you're located. I've taken multiple new trappers on my line with me, and they always seem to do well afterwards. I like watching them go out and put it all together. Some have more drive than me and end up doing better.

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 04:50 AM

Don't need one now. But sure wish I had one when I started lol. Tuff beginning to say the least. I got a few cousins started in beaver trapping. And one of them is doing damage control
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 02:27 PM

A buddy and I trapped as kids, sorta self taught, then 30+ years later the archives on this site and asking questions here made a huge difference. Basically the more you do it, the more you learn.

Re: BadUrine? - 01/11/20 03:54 PM

Ya, these forums are probably more beneficial than a instructor. I joined last Feb right at end of season. And made me a way better trapper, I'm having my best season by far. One guy has really helped me with coyote trapping. Anyone trapping or interested in trapping should join this website
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: BadUrine? - 02/01/20 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by plainstrapping25
Ya, these forums are probably more beneficial than a instructor. I joined last Feb right at end of season. And made me a way better trapper, I'm having my best season by far. One guy has really helped me with coyote trapping. Anyone trapping or interested in trapping should join this website

Ditto!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums