Home

What do you do until next season?

Posted By: Yukon John

What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 02:53 AM

As a newbie...As my season is nearing its end, just wondering how this site's communication is in the off season. I have so many questions, some I may be embarrassed to ask, just wondering if you all are out there most of the year, or if you check out.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 03:01 AM

Many of us stick around all year so don't be afraid to ask questions. You might want to surf through the archives and see if that could help.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 03:13 AM

Ask questions...the ones that know stick around all year. Plus we all learn when questions are asked.
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 04:07 AM

I consider this site a good connection to trapping year round
Posted By: Mousey Trapper

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 04:58 AM

check your mail box Yukon John.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3 Fingers
I consider this site a good connection to to trapping year round

X2
Posted By: TrapperCarl78

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 05:47 AM

It stays poppin pretty good all year around. Your questions will get answered for sure.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 08:13 AM

Plenty of action year round. The strictly trapping forum might be a bit slow during the summer months. But there is always lots of interesting things being discussed on the main forum.

For what it is worth - I’m on here every day. smile
Posted By: jabNE

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 11:42 AM

And there's always work to do in off season too. Trap cleanup, tuneup, repair parts, and prep for next year. Adc work too.
Bait to make.
Waxed dirt,
More land access permission.
Work on the truck, may the organization of the truck.
State membership meetings and conventions.
Take inventory of suplies, order new stuff.
Always something to do.

Oh, and there's other stuff too like fishing, gathering mushrooms, baseball, always something to do and talk about on here. Like what sets did we use, which trap model is best, guess what kind of pig castrator this is, jokes, and share pics of kids and grandkids.

Always something to do and talk about on here.

Jim grin
Posted By: J.C.

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 07:13 PM

I love this site year round

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 08:47 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your feedback!
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 09:02 PM

[Linked Image]

I start scouting now, and go look for sheds. The above picture will happen several times throughout the "off" season along with building/acquiring/maintaining other trapping gear.

In this case a 330, a couple of Bridger #3's, and a half dozen Bridger 1.75's, I have plenty of work to do getting ready for next season and this one isn't even over.

There's a few weeks of most everything left here and we got beaver until the end of March...

I don't think they make waders that don't leak so there's always that to look forward to..... smirk

Mushroom foraging throughout the spring, summer, and fall, trout fishing, pan fishing, the garden, grapes and berries, more scouting, a myriad of things to do in fact IME there's no end.

I see no reason to bail on the trapping forums either.....and I'm getting myself back to PTA and probably other functions.

Don't forget to take the air rifle out and do your duty.....if legal.... whack a Starling or thirty, remove invasive species and practice shooting plus they make great bait.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/08/20 10:10 PM

Sheds are already falling. Morels will be next. By the end of mushroom season it's time to start fishn. Plenty to do b4 nxt season in the trap shed.

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/09/20 01:52 AM

That's a nice looking box of gear!
Posted By: 12 point

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/09/20 02:06 AM

I have this little game that I play. It’s called “See how much new trapping equipment and traps I can buy before my wife says something”

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/09/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by 12 point
I have this little game that I play. It’s called “See how much new trapping equipment and traps I can buy before my wife says something”

Lol!
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/09/20 02:24 AM

right now cleaning out the old trap inventory and adding a few new ones. Getting everything I need to laminate what is needed and fix up anything else. Plus trying to add a little more country for next season now so I can plan for the up coming season. Returning phone calls from people with beaver trouble so I can get after them as soon as the spring thaw comes.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: What do you do until next season? - 02/09/20 05:12 AM

I have to admit I got most of my most helpful info from this sight last off season.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums