Home

Who make a built to last cage trap?

Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 03:55 AM

I have been looking to get 3 or 4 more cage traps for coons. But everyone I looked at dont have a frame around the inside of it. I have fount one company that makes one. Stop by picked up small smooth rod. Went to get me a small new wire welder. Start to make my own. The way I like them built. Every store within 150 miles are out just my luck.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 08:46 AM

Duke heavy duty Single door cages are the best deal going and if you buy $100 worth get free shipping. Go directly to their website, and you can even discuss with Bill Duke himself.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 12:02 PM

Comstock
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 12:48 PM

All kinds out there. Just don't look for cages at a box store.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 12:55 PM

There was a fella in Nebraska making cage traps also the last time I seen him was at the Western NTA Convention in Sturgis SD I'm sorry I'm not much help after that but it's a start.
Allan
Posted By: TRAPPERKRIS

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 01:44 PM

Camtrip cages built by mercer lawing out of Barstow California.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 01:54 PM

John Schroder from Nebraska, for years and years of dependable service and low maintenance.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 07:13 PM

Thanks Chad that's who I was thinking of John is a top shelf guy !
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 09:55 PM

I have had a Freedom brand cage trap for 6 years now and love it. Very well built.
https://www.fntpost.com/Products/Ca...dom+Brand+Professional+Series+Cage+Traps

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 11:02 PM

Hi l looked at dukes, Comstock too. Both dont have inside frame. The one freedom brand does. When the wire gets old. I replace it the ones that dont have frames looks hard to replace.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/12/20 11:32 PM

Schroeder cages, now SR cages have full internal rod frames and are near indestructible. If coon are your main target these are made for you.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/13/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by bobcat_trapper
Hi l looked at dukes, Comstock too. Both dont have inside frame. The one freedom brand does. When the wire gets old. I replace it the ones that dont have frames looks hard to replace.

All the comstocks except the swing panel ones have frames. Theyre 1/2x1 wire and you cant beat that wire for nuisance work. Only drawback is you cant use a skunk pole on em without modification. If you ever have to replace the wire, itd be cheaper to replace the trap unless you got a break and I dont think anyone has came close yet to wearing a trap out. Ive came close on some parts but not the wire.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/13/20 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms

Schroeder cages, now SR cages have full internal rod frames and are near indestructible. If coon are your main target these are made for you.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If I remember correctly, John's nephews have taken over the business. They have continued to build a high quality cage.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/13/20 12:19 PM

Correct!
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/13/20 01:02 PM

Z-traps makes excellent cage traps. I’ve seen demonstrations of his son Jeff standing on them. They’re a very tough trap. I own several.

Williams Traps out of Roanoke, Indiana, makes an excellent cage trap as well. Have had some for over 26 years.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/13/20 10:48 PM

X2 on the Williams trap
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/14/20 12:22 AM

X3 on Williams. One duke and one havahart but the rest are Williams.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: coalbank

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/15/20 11:55 AM

Trap and snare Darren Peel from Springfield Ohio. 440 497 8699. High quality cage traps. Have many of them.

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/17/20 06:14 AM

I tried too look up Williams live traps. No luck I did find a welder in stock. I stopped off picked up several sticks 1/4 inch 20ft smooth rod. Planning on making 12 to 16 over the summer. 12x12x36 size I am going to make them. Hope to make 6 for Bobcats before season maybe 20x10x36? Never had made one for a bobcat.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/17/20 09:42 AM

Williams sells cage traps through volkers trapping supply online

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/18/20 01:06 AM

Out of stock there. Looks like it dont have a frame the length of it. I am using to use 1in x 1in wire to cover them with. Is 20x10x 36 a good size for bobcats? I set down looked everything over last night. I should get 2 maybe 3 done a day hopefully. Wait to cover them with wire for a rainy day.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/20/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Allan Minear
Thanks Chad that's who I was thinking of John is a top shelf guy !

I am a big fan of John and his cages. Everyone knows the coon guys love his traps but they work exceptionally well for catching and letting you get at a bobcat too

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/21/20 02:48 AM

Schroeder cage traps r nice traps. The prices r good too. I liked the 12x12x36 or 15x15x36.

Re: Who make a built to last cage trap? - 06/29/20 06:33 AM

Ok I got my welder. What size would be the best around size for coons oppsum house cats ? I am going to build 12 asap 12x12x36. Then later on build some for Bobcats. I went and got more 1/4 smooth rod for frames. I am going to use 1x1 inch wire to cover traps. The 1/4 smooth rod is 10.00 a stick here a 20ft piece. 1x1 inch wire is 11.00 a roll . Plaining on building all the frames. Then cover at night in ac watching tv. My wife said I could cover them at night in the house. As long as I put cardboard down under traps. If I asked her she would help too. LoL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums