Home

Chicken killer

Posted By: Miley

Chicken killer - 06/13/20 12:34 PM

PA. Woods .Trying to Identify the culprit . Middle of day outside the coop.Neck eaten, dragged under a log.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Chicken killer - 06/13/20 02:04 PM

Mink
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Chicken killer - 06/13/20 03:51 PM

Sounds like a Mink to me.

Re: Chicken killer - 06/13/20 05:13 PM

Mink it’s is! Thank you gents! Best way of dealing with said mink?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Chicken killer - 06/14/20 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Miley
Mink it’s is! Thank you gents! Best way of dealing with said mink?

Foothold set by dead chicken.

Re: Chicken killer - 06/15/20 03:35 PM

Cubby set for mink around the chicken coop? The area Does not lend itself to footholds, Dogs and cats Are present. A box cubby with a 110 ,think it will work? Cage trap of the appropriate size?
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Chicken killer - 06/16/20 01:30 PM

110 in a trail where it is going
Posted By: furstroker

Re: Chicken killer - 06/16/20 01:52 PM

Cubby set for mink around the chicken coop? The area Does not lend itself to footholds, Dogs and cats Are present. A box cubby with a 110 ,think it will work? Cage trap of the appropriate size?

This is how i got my thief. Threw the rest of carcass in cage, he was there next morning. Didnt want to accidentally catch my own cat or dogs in 160 box or foothold. One of my favorite young leghorns too, i wasnt impressed.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Chicken killer - 06/16/20 02:04 PM

. A box cubby with a 110 ,think it will work? Cage trap of the appropriate size?

No, 120's on land sets, 110's by water, basic old time expert minker advice. No 120's? take a spring off a 110 and add to another.

Yes, they will cage or colony trap too.
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Chicken killer - 06/18/20 01:25 PM

Been having chicken killing problems too. Caught a possum and a coon in the pen on the same night two hours apart. Killed the possum while he was still in there. Coon got away but I hung him in a dp the next night.

They were both going through the wire where one piece was broken loose right at ground level. So much for the coons don’t like to duck argument when they have the right motivation.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums