Home

Carl meat for bobcats

Posted By: wlloyd

Carl meat for bobcats - 07/07/20 11:23 PM

Just curious has anyone ever tried fresh carp meat for bobcat bait
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/08/20 12:22 AM

I’ve heard of a number of coon men finding cats on drowners using carp. Many cats have been caught on a jack mackerel recipe. I think there’s better options for cats personally.

Skunk, castor, and glands with quality urine. Top of my list.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/09/20 12:37 PM

Yessir cats go to fresh fish.
It’s in Newts “Riverin’ with Clint” video!
Surely you asked a loved 1 to get it for your birthday or Christmas or Easter or anniversary gift!
Posted By: wlloyd

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/09/20 02:46 PM

Thanks y'all
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/09/20 04:55 PM

I use fish in my 160 and 220 bucket sets. I have caught Bobcats in them.
Posted By: KJD357

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/09/20 09:34 PM

2 out of the last 3 cats that I skinned, smelled strongly of fish. Weird thing was, the river and all the ponds were froze over, I wondered if they had gotten into somebody’s gut pile from ice fishing.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/10/20 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by KJD357
2 out of the last 3 cats that I skinned, smelled strongly of fish. Weird thing was, the river and all the ponds were froze over, I wondered if they had gotten into somebody’s gut pile from ice fishing.

I've seen fish get stuck in creeks here unable to go one way or another due to water level and then freeze into the top layer of the ice. Some of their dorsal fins were even out of the ice. Raccoons will dig through quite a bit of ice to get at those froze fish. The cats could have just come along after.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/10/20 12:43 PM

I was using Salted fish.It dont spoil.
Posted By: KJD357

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/11/20 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Originally Posted by KJD357

I've seen fish get stuck in creeks here unable to go one way or another due to water level and then freeze into the top layer of the ice. Some of their dorsal fins were even out of the ice. Raccoons will dig through quite a bit of ice to get at those froze fish. The cats could have just come along after.

That could be a possibility too, it’s hard to tell what’s going on in the wild when nobody’s watching.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Carl meat for bobcats - 07/14/20 12:42 AM

Nothing I have not caught on carp never tried Carl myself. J/K Cats seem to like a large variety of baits
© 2024 Trapperman Forums