Home

Budget trapping tote?

Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Budget trapping tote? - 07/16/20 10:59 PM

What is a decently cheap bag or tote to carry my set equipment & attractants in?
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/16/20 11:08 PM

I got a 5 gallon bucket organizer that goes around the top. It's got a bunch of pockets to out bait or lure in
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 12:10 AM

I use a cheap plastic lined lunch box. One of the style ya find in the outdoors section at Wally world. Has a shoulder strap an plenty of pockets for lure an such. Waxed dirt goes inside. The lid is nice to keep dirt dry
Posted By: AndrewM

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 12:13 AM

I'd carry them separately so you don't get lure stank on your set making stuff.

How are you getting around? Walking, 4-wheeler, bicycle, truck?

Are you walking in or driving in?

5 gallon buckets work okay. I like my Loring pack basket with a canvas pouch hanging off the outside for lure and such.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 12:15 AM

$20 tool bag at Lowes
I love the shoulder strap to carry with often when don’t want to use regular handles.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 01:05 AM

Cheap tool bag
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 01:55 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 03:13 AM

I bought a tool tote from Harbor Freight. It's about 19" long and has 13 pockets around the outside, a shoulder strap and a hard rubber bottom. It cost me about $20 on sale. For the money, I think it works great.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 04:18 AM

Bout $20

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: LDW

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 11:22 AM

This is what I use to carry my tools. Lol

Attached picture IMG_20191218_104803317_HDR.jpg

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewM
I'd carry them separately so you don't get lure stank on your set making stuff.

How are you getting around? Walking, 4-wheeler, bicycle, truck?

Are you walking in or driving in?

5 gallon buckets work okay. I like my Loring pack basket with a canvas pouch hanging off the outside for lure and such.

Walking most times! I want 2 tote, one for equipment & one for attractants.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 02:11 PM

I had a bag i used for lure/bait last year and i am getting away from that. I spilled some lure in it and being cloth it became an issue. I think i am going to start using a small 6 pack cooler for bait/lure and then a new bag for tools and gear. On the tools and gear I am a bucket junky but am getting tired of picking things up after the bucket tips over. With longer gear that i use like a drill with dirt hole bit and stake driver the dang buckets tip over at every set. Thinking longer gear bag to try this year. I know Chris at Coyote trapping school apparently makes a really nice gear bag.
Posted By: thumper3181

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 02:14 PM

I use a trappers pack for almost everything.
Posted By: crane

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/17/20 11:25 PM

I bought a husky tool bag from home depot. It fits all my stuff and I like the shoulder strap for carrying it.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/18/20 09:52 AM

I still use a bucket but I bolted an old carpenter tool belt to outside of mine. Traps and tools in the bucket, bait and lure on outside pouches.
Jim
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/18/20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
I bought a tool tote from Harbor Freight. It's about 19" long and has 13 pockets around the outside, a shoulder strap and a hard rubber bottom. It cost me about $20 on sale. For the money, I think it works great.

I have the large one for trap setting stuff and the smaller one for scents and lures really like them
J
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/18/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by crane
I bought a husky tool bag from home depot. It fits all my stuff and I like the shoulder strap for carrying it.

X2, traps and setting gear go inside, attractors go on the outside. I've used buckets, tool bags in various designs. So far the Husky fits best. I also use Weiser's beaver bag for long treks and beaver work.
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/18/20 11:24 PM

If you are going by foot for a couple miles I would use a backpack or packbasket.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/19/20 03:37 AM

Hands down Husky bags. I've got one of the larger ones 24 inches long. I've used it and abused it with this being the fifth season. Nothing else I've used compares. $36 but it's paid for itself easily with what I would have had wrapped up in other cheap products.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/19/20 04:03 AM

This year I'm gonna try a regular backpack with most of my tools, and a bucket with some dirt, and my lures/baits...I have to walk quite a bit on my line.
Posted By: ttzt

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/21/20 02:56 AM

I attached a carpenter belt and some extra pouches to the outside of a square bucket and bolted two pieces of pvc pipe inside the bucket. I then attached the bucket to a small pack frame. Lure and bait in the extra pouches, wire screen and small tools in the pouches on the carpenters belt. My trowel, hammer, and wolf fang driver go in the pipe to keep them in place. This leaves room in the bucket for a can or two of waxed dirt. I carry a roll of wire on one of the frame uprights and my cable extensions on the other.

The frame helps keep the tall tools from tipping the bucket over and is the handle to carry for short distances. If I have a longer walk or have my hands full carrying animals, I put it on my back.

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/21/20 03:26 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These two are what I got! The top one is 19" long for my set making equipment (drill & auger, 3# sodbuster type hammer, sifter, gloves, whisk broom, & pan covers), & the second one is 15" for my bait, lure, scent holders, etc. $20 for the top & $17 for the bottom. We'll see how they hold up. These, I believe are real budget trapping totes!
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/21/20 05:39 PM

^^^^^^^ I had one like that I got at Harbor Freight for about 19 dollars. At wal-mart they have one thats similar . Rusty Johnson used to carry one that looked similar to it. I had the Harbor Freight one for a while till i got a Leggets bag I had no issues with it, carried for a few weeks. It rain on it,got wet, and smell like a wet dog, was my only complant
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/21/20 10:07 PM

When you get old those canvas totes just don't cut It. You need something like a 5 gallon bucket so you can push off It to get up.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/21/20 11:29 PM

http://www.trapleggetts.com/leggetts-trapline-supplies.html go with quality Made for trappers by a trapper
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by John-Chagnon
http://www.trapleggetts.com/leggetts-trapline-supplies.html go with quality Made for trappers by a trapper

I 100% agree with John on this!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 12:57 AM

Met Mr. Leggett at a UP Show nice guy. Was going to visit him in MD many years ago but did not work out.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 04:29 AM

I use a square plastic cat litter bucket and bolted on a smaller square plastic pail to it for my baits and lures. This is my second year with it and like it better than anything I've tired so far. Will try to post up a pic tomorrow.

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 02:49 PM

That would be nice, but I'm on a budget and can't afford on, or else I might have bought one!

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 03:01 PM

5 gallon buckets are free. Well for the most part.

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 05:45 PM

[Linked Image]
I zip tied a short piece of electrical conduit to the side for my bait fork. I also drilled holes in the bottom of the buckets for drainage. This set up is usually enough for my needs but I have another large square bucket for extra dirt, traps and such. I know I don't have much into this.

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 06:47 PM

I used a bucket last season; doesn't work so well when you're on foot!

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/22/20 06:56 PM

Attach It to a back pack frame. Then you have both hands free.

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/23/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Attach It to a back pack frame. Then you have both hands free.

Very easily done!
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/24/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by AuthorTrapper

That would be nice, but I'm on a budget and can't afford on, or else I might have bought one!

You spent $37, the Leggets bag is $40. The Leggets bag is quality.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Budget trapping tote? - 07/25/20 04:28 AM

I'm gonna try a school backpack this year, I like the way certain things fit, but realize I'm gonna have to carry a bucket too. Just got tired of lugging a bucket with everything in it, we'll see.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums