Home

Fur/Trap shed

Posted By: Ryan wenzel

Fur/Trap shed - 09/13/20 12:55 AM

Got pics of inside your trap shed and maybe outside as well? Between now and beginning of trapping season il be building one. Inspiration goes a long way.
Posted By: Archeryguy

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/13/20 08:48 AM

Coincidentally, I took this photo yesterday after dying traps in red oak leaves and hanging them before waxing. Just one corner of the building.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/13/20 12:24 PM

those oak leaves did a very nice job dying the traps black, sir. Nice clean shed, too.
Jim
Posted By: Ryan wenzel

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/14/20 12:00 AM

Is that where you do your skinning and fleshing as well?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/14/20 02:37 AM

The first couple are early in construction, it gets messier from there - 12x16' ...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 02:48 AM

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 02:58 AM

My trapping shed is a old two stall garage. We will be moving in the next two years so making due with what I can as I want to be able to take everything down easily for the move. Mostly completed for the year but still wanting to add something on the floor for spillage.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Outdoors Guy
.... but still wanting to add something on the floor for spillage.

You can buy pretty cheap rubber mats to put down then lay old carpet over them. After season roll up and toss the carpet, power wash the mats at the car wash. This is by far the best way to cover your floors for ease of clean up.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 10:39 AM

I put cardboard on the floor of it gets to bad just replace during the season.
Posted By: son-of-grizz

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 11:31 AM

I do the cardboard as well. Need to replace mine this year

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 12:13 PM

Cardboard is always getting wet, and torn up, folding up mess, trip hazard too. Go with the carpet. Don't let people talk you into sawdust or wood shavings either, that stuff gets into everything and like the cardboard will not keep your floors from being stained either.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 01:25 PM

I trap on a small scale, I use a corner of my garage, but its been working well for me.
[Linked Image]
vehicles still fit...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/15/20 08:55 PM

Sounds good thank you for the info!
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/16/20 02:39 AM

I agree with adc I have used cardboard but use carpet now and prefer it
Posted By: rbsheadache

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/16/20 02:16 PM

so your talking a small piece under your skinning machine and just throw away when it gets nasty I am assuming?

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/16/20 02:16 PM

i will have access to to either carpet / vinyl flooring from family that are contractors, do you think one or the other would be better or worse for this application, i would like to have something across the entire floor due to were i live it is quite cold and having something ontop of the concrete would help, plus it will keep the whole floor clean when animals are brought in.

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/16/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by rbsheadache
so your talking a small piece under your skinning machine and just throw away when it gets nasty I am assuming?

Actually I use enough to cover all the floor where I'll be throwing down animals out of the truck, probably 12x12 at least. I just use a 4x6 rubber mat under the carpet under the skinning machine where the blood piles up high enough to soak the floor under the carpet. You can go to any carpet installer and have them save you some used carpet or curb shop for it if you see a piece that looks about the right size for ya. And yes roll it up and throw it out after season. It's actually nice to walk on vs concrete too.

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/16/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Outdoors Guy
i will have access to to either carpet / vinyl flooring from family that are contractors, do you think one or the other would be better or worse for this application, i would like to have something across the entire floor due to were i live it is quite cold and having something on top of the concrete would help, plus it will keep the whole floor clean when animals are brought in.

I'd put vinyl under the carpet. No need for a rubber mat that way, and it'll be nice to walk on (warmer too) and if the blood/pee/whatever soaks through the carpet the vinyl will hold it off the floor until it spreads out and drys under the carpet.
Posted By: Dylan Phelps124

Re: Fur/Trap shed - 09/17/20 01:37 AM

https://youtu.be/uqadhNrZN4M

Here’s a video I took of my furshed a few years ago. If I wasn’t outside of the state I would take a better video for you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums