Home

Fur prices

Posted By: 3togo

Fur prices - 10/04/20 11:54 AM

Anyone heard any "reliable" information on upcoming season fur pricing for any species?
Thanks
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Fur prices - 10/04/20 12:29 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Fur prices - 10/04/20 01:25 PM

Yes, call your buyer though, I did. I'd wager what our stuff here brings may not be same as your area.
Jim
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Fur prices - 10/04/20 02:46 PM

Monster Toms, laugh
Good year to have fun hunting them right.
Still gotta trap some to take care of my land owner s.
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Fur prices - 10/04/20 08:04 PM

Worse than last year.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Fur prices - 10/05/20 04:43 AM

Hopefully western coyotes bring enough to pay for gas. Otherwise I’ll just be losing money teaching my kids how to trap kit fox. Still worth it, but a fat check at the end would be cool.
Posted By: kyron4

Re: Fur prices - 10/05/20 05:23 AM

Any word on coon this year ?
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Fur prices - 10/05/20 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by kyron4
Any word on coon this year ?

Not good..
Posted By: keets

Re: Fur prices - 10/05/20 11:14 AM

I just checked my account at FHA, and they sold a coon ,after the auction,..1X 1-11 A-B........................................................................$1.50 eek
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Fur prices - 10/05/20 02:31 PM

My local buyer I emailed him and he gave me the list of his current prices but they are subject to change as it could always move prior to season and when I get my furs to him. He is willing to buy raccoons so that is a plus but they are only a couple dollars, same for muskrats and skunks. Only really bright news is coyotes are still going strong for him and castor and if i catch any good foxes he will take a few on the carcasses but that's minimal and bound to fill up quickly. As previously stated depending on your location these prices could be worse or better. I most likely will be selling local as I like my buyer and it is the easiest way to sell for me.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 02:43 AM

Let’s just say I’ll be purely a hobby trapper who is hoping to cover lure cost with primed up, white bellied, dark spotted, champagne backed western bobcats. I think if I can get a dozen cats I should be able to cover 16-24oz of lure haha.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Hopefully western coyotes bring enough to pay for gas. Otherwise I’ll just be losing money teaching my kids how to trap kit fox. Still worth it, but a fat check at the end would be cool.

It’s the real reason we should be doing it anyways. Prices suck, but sucky prices have some advantages. Trapping pressure will be way down. There will be plenty of cats to be had, and plenty of land to trap them on. Sure it will take 6 cats to equal the value of one a few years ago, but it will be just as fun.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 06:03 PM

By trapping on the leaner years, one can get some real prime areas. When the market come back, your all set!
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 06:13 PM

I hate to say It but In about 4 years were still going to be talking about " WHEN" the market Is going to come back. I think were In for a lot of "LEAN" years before we see any kind of a fur market.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 07:10 PM

Stuff has been known to change quickly during turbulent and unprecedented times as we are in know. I think and hope we are as low as it will go and remain hopeful to see improvement. One thing for sure it will be nice to be in the woods this fall and winter without all the folks that think they are going to get rich trapping., Good year to catch up on some missed fishing and hunting opportunities.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 09:07 PM

Right on John.
Fall is a great time for fishing,and I hardly ever had time to fish that time of year because always trapping full bore in fall.
Great opportunity now to take some time to fall fish for the big ones.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 09:28 PM

If Biden gets in the dollar will NEAR WORTHLESS.
The YEN will be the worlds money.
Our fur will sell.But IT WILL BE CHEEP.
The USA will look like VENEZUELA. in less than 8 years
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Newt

So fur prices in the last 3 years have been good? I believe some of the best fur prices we have seen in the last 10 years or so came around 2013-14!!
Posted By: Bob

Re: Fur prices - 10/06/20 11:15 PM

No matter the price of coyotes, I will still trap them, simply because the fact that “you’re the guy that kills coyotes” opens ALOT of gates to other things like deer, antelope, elk, and bird hunting not to mention fishing.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Fur prices - 10/07/20 12:17 AM

Yes sir agreed
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Fur prices - 10/07/20 12:31 AM

If our dollar goes to worthless does that mean Bidens son will be getting paid in Yen?? wink grin
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Fur prices - 10/07/20 02:04 AM

Well put Newt
Posted By: Newt

Re: Fur prices - 10/07/20 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Andy27

So fur prices in the last 3 years have been good? I believe some of the best fur prices we have seen in the last 10 years or so came around 2013-14!!

yes the dollor was weak
Posted By: danvee

Re: Fur prices - 10/10/20 03:12 AM

Sent some of last season coyote pelts to Groney same type of pelts I was selling last winter for high 80s and got a 22 buck average not trapping for that kind of money.
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Fur prices - 10/11/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Sent some of last season coyote pelts to Groney same type of pelts I was selling last winter for high 80s and got a 22 buck average not trapping for that kind of money.

You got taken, coyotes will be cheaper but not 75 percent cheaper. I’ll be running routes in western Nebraska and northeast Colorado, I’ll be laying better then that by a long shot
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Fur prices - 10/11/20 01:53 AM

As said above the furs should not have dropped that much at this time for coyotes unless the furs are of lesser quality than prior
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Fur prices - 10/22/20 08:56 PM

This year my trapping is mainly for - fun, meat, tanning, & trapping for hunting privileges. I enjoy it just as much when prices are low.
Posted By: PDH

Re: Fur prices - 10/25/20 07:17 PM

Just saw that NAFA sold off my remaining fur they were holding. Average $7 for Grey Fox and $4.82 for Reds. Good thing I don't trap for the money.

Re: Fur prices - 10/26/20 02:13 AM

I'm told that a average run of finished coyotes has dropped from a $70.00 average down to a $45.00 average.
Posted By: yotegtr

Re: Fur prices - 10/27/20 01:00 AM

I have been told $55-$60 average on a nice set of prime put up coyotes is what to expect.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: Fur prices - 10/30/20 12:39 AM

My buyer isn't even buying....Still I have a barrel of my traps boiling right now and I bought more 330's and H-stands.

I don't care if they buy any more.

JT

Re: Fur prices - 10/31/20 01:29 AM

I wont kill red fox for 4 dollars, I’ll release them first.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Fur prices - 10/31/20 01:27 PM

I recently called my buyer. He said “probably about like last year.”

Last year, beaver pelts were $5.50, whole beaver $8.

Nutria $1.50/whole
Otter $16-20
Mink $2-3

I only sold green or whole. While those prices may seem disappointing, I certainly don’t blame the guy. I’m thankful he’s buying as it gives me an option for getting rid of critters
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Fur prices - 10/31/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I hate to say It but In about 4 years were still going to be talking about " WHEN" the market Is going to come back. I think were In for a lot of "LEAN" years before we see any kind of a fur market.

My memory may be off, but I remember it took years at the bottom and years of fur prices climbing up and down to get to 2013. I don't ever remember going from the bottom to the top in a year or two? If prices increase, it tends to be gradual, with some ups and downs. Definitely spend more years at the bottom, than at the new lower tops

Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Fur prices - 11/01/20 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by The Beav

My memory may be off, but I remember it took years at the bottom and years of fur prices climbing up and down to get to 2013. I don't ever remember going from the bottom to the top in a year or two? If prices increase, it tends to be gradual, with some ups and downs. Definitely spend more years at the bottom, than at the new lower tops

Your memory is not off Dirt.
Posted By: 182

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 12:06 AM

I thought that politics weren't allowed on this site! Thats just your opinion and who are you? Let's see what happens. Did the lame duck president raise the price of fur? Hardly, and his stupid trade war with China definitely didn't help OUR fur prices. By the wY, our currency is going to become a lot less valuable but I think that you should educate yourself as to the reasons why. Ill stop responding to your nonsense when you stop saying it. This is a non political site so don't go there. I love trapping too.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by danvee

Don't be a quitter.
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 12:41 AM

I'm trapping and hopefully learning. It's a lot better for me to miss a catch or mess up skinning/fleshing now then turn a $20 critter into a $2 mess.

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by imabutt
I thought that politics weren't allowed on this site! Thats just your opinion and who are you? Let's see what happens. Did the lame duck president raise the price of fur? Hardly, and his stupid trade war with China definitely didn't help OUR fur prices. By the wY, our currency is going to become a lot less valuable but I think that you should educate yourself as to the reasons why. Ill stop responding to your nonsense when you stop saying it. This is a non political site so don't go there. I love trapping too.

So all you care about is selling fur to china.

You do know they are the .... that filled our world with the chinese virus and you still can’t wait to do business with them.
They have been crippling us for years in trade and we finally get a president with the jewels to do something about it and this is what you can come up with.

Shallow as a Texas stream in the dead of summer.
Posted By: AliciaK

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 12:59 AM

Right on Tailhunter. But, "Yobutt or imabutt" educate us on why it will become a lot less valuable and why what they say is nonsense. Some websites and facts would be quite nice. The best thing about our country is the fact that we can all have our own opinion and we have freedom of speech. While everyone is filled with "information" not all of it is the correct information.
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 02:36 AM

Some students of mine just sold some coon. They only bought the biggest ones at $3.00 each. They brought a lot home with them. These were on the carcass.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by 182

Show us on the doll where those comments hurt you
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Fur prices - 11/24/20 10:49 PM

^^^^^ laugh
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Fur prices - 11/25/20 10:07 PM

This wasn't a political question, but one about trade policy and if Grony will be able to import fur to China, where they told me last season that most coon went.
And the Chinese "dollar" is the Yaun. The Yen is Japanese.
You guys always manage to get off topic.

Re: Fur prices - 11/25/20 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Originally Posted by 182

Show us on the doll where those comments hurt you

Bahahaha. laugh

Re: Fur prices - 11/25/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo
This wasn't a political question, but one about trade policy and if Grony will be able to import fur to China, where they told me last season that most coon went.

Wouldnt Grony be "exporting " to China?
Posted By: red mt

Re: Fur prices - 11/26/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by 3togo

No they can import coon or anything else they want it has to be finished good and that cost brokers money , now who pays for the dressing you or them ??? whistle
Plus a tidy tariff
Posted By: Knappett

Re: Fur prices - 11/26/20 05:54 PM

I'm selling all my BATS in the round to China lol
Posted By: ttzt

Re: Fur prices - 11/27/20 03:43 AM

Greg Petska was thru here Sunday, the carcass coyotes I saw sold ranged $5 to $60. Probably $35 average. Put up coyotes $90 top,$50 average. All eastern WY coyotes. He has prices posted on his facebook page (Nov. 1 post), the prices I saw matched his posted prices.

Re: Fur prices - 11/27/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Originally Posted by imabutt

So all you care about is selling fur to china.

You do know they are the .... that filled our world with the chinese virus and you still can’t wait to do business with them.
They have been crippling us for years in trade and we finally get a president with the jewels to do something about it and this is what you can come up with.

Shallow as a Texas stream in the dead of summer.

If It weren't for china there would be "NO" fur market period.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums