Home

Wolf Fang driver

Posted By: shortliner16

Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 02:12 PM

Who, besides Stalker, makes a good quality driver that has them available? Stalker is out for a couple weeks.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by shortliner16
Who, besides Stalker, makes a good quality driver that has them available? Stalker is out for a couple weeks.

Stalker makes a great driver,,, you can make one,,, out of 5/8 cold rolled smooth stock ,,, if you weld I use one made last half of last season.
Just grind to fit,, I like 4 or 5 washers stacked welded on hammering end as it cushions the blow some imo. A angle grinder can be used to cut the slot for the anchor. All for a cost of about 6 or7 bucks. It will get you by until you get Tom's driver.
There are some pictures of some home made drivers in previous thread here.
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 03:10 PM

How long typically do your wolf fang drivers last? (the ones you buy vs make)
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 03:20 PM

I've had the same one for 3 years now bought it from f&t. I have a 3/4 in dia piece of smooth rod I pre drive before driving the wolf fang in. Alot of people say twice the pounding but really isnt.
Posted By: PSPH17

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 03:44 PM

Southern Snares has some good ones. Check with them
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/06/20 11:02 PM

John Graham
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/09/20 02:43 PM

Keith at Sterling Fur sells them too.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/10/20 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Outdoors Guy
How long typically do your wolf fang drivers last? (the ones you buy vs make)

Stalkers is the best I’ve used and I still only get a year (trapping year round) out of one just straight whacking stuff in.

If I pre-drill holes in the harder spots, I can stretch that out to 18-24 months.

Anything you smack that many times with a four pound hammer is gonna give eventually.

The cheap ones won’t survive a day in my ground.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/10/20 02:26 PM

I’ve had Stalkers going on it’s fourth season. Have had to weld the seam back shut once. I have a back up on hand when it breaks.

I have John Graham’s as well. Pretty tough but it started catching them on the way back out. I use it off and on as needed.

You can’t beat Stalkers for what you put in it. In my opinion.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/10/20 02:57 PM

If you want to make your own just go buy one of those concrete forming stakes. Those stakes will hold up to anything a trapper can put them through.
Posted By: Scooby

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/11/20 07:05 AM

I have one of the Southern Snares drivers. It’s very well built. I have a couple of others that aren’t anywhere close to the same quality.
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Wolf Fang driver - 10/12/20 01:12 PM

i actually went ahead and painted some of my common tools orange so i hopefully cannot misplace them out in the field like my driver
© 2024 Trapperman Forums