Home

Easy Dry Dirt

Posted By: NebrCatMan

Easy Dry Dirt - 10/19/20 01:07 AM

I trap here is SE Nebr and the last few years dry dirt was hard to come by and trapping in Dec was pretty hard with the rain/snow/freezing cycles we were experiencing... least in my area. But it looks like we may have a dry year to trap. We are due anyway. I have waxed dirt and some waxed sand but today I went and got several tubs of dry dirt along the field edge. Easiest I've ever gotten. It was like scooping sand. Which for our heavy gumbol ground is a bit unusual.
Posted By: Bison88

Re: Easy Dry Dirt - 10/19/20 02:13 AM

Getting mighty dry here in SE SD as well. Great for land trapping, but really going to put a damper on the Rats.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Easy Dry Dirt - 10/19/20 10:42 AM

Looks like thunderstorms and at least an inch next week! You might have spoke a little early! I think it was four seasons ago the ground was so dry it didn’t freeze. Nearly down to zero.
Posted By: Wife

Re: Easy Dry Dirt - 10/19/20 12:45 PM

Come on Catman, I was raised in SE Nebr. and your winters are more like Northern Missouri than 95% of Nebr. LOL (summers too Yuk ! ! !). Come north of the Platte River to experience the Great Plains winters. Oh and go buy a bale of Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss to compliment your soils for bedding. Its on sale at the various Walmarts and will serve your needs........... Good luck down there........ the mike
Posted By: red mt

Re: Easy Dry Dirt - 10/19/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Looks like thunderstorms and at least an inch next week! You might have spoke a little early! I think it was four seasons ago the ground was so dry it didn’t freeze. Nearly down to zero.

A week of rain here more than glad to share,,, lows 4 above for saturday forecasted.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums