Home

Fisher bait

Posted By: Coilspring67

Fisher bait - 10/23/20 01:25 AM

Besides beaver and muskrat, what have you used?
Posted By: Mozart1075

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 02:11 AM

Tainted deer shanks.
Turkey back from Thanksgiving.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 04:30 AM

A fisher is an opportunistic predator/scavenger that will eat virtually anything; berries, birds and eggs, fish and of coarse MEAT. Besides the productive beaver I prefer moose or deer.
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 09:32 AM

I called the fish and wildlife and asked if I could pick up the road kill squirrels and use them for fischer bait. They said no problem. So that is what I'm trying this year have always used beaver in the past. I was thinking the squirrels would work and why not try them. I have them frozen and not gutted. I hope the eye appeal and common prey will trigger the fischer to rush in. I also use a gusto near it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 02:00 PM

Fishers do prey on squirrells but if your setting in high squirrell location you will attract a lot of squirrells if you use them for bait.
That may not be a problem,depending on the trap you use.

It is similar to using muskrat for bait at a mink set-you will catch muskrats as well as mink.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 06:56 PM

Blended up berries apples and bananas
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Fisher bait - 10/23/20 11:22 PM

Tainted chicken
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Fisher bait - 10/24/20 03:28 AM

Tainted fish heads. Is one of many things I have used.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Fisher bait - 10/24/20 04:31 PM

Grouse carcasses are good
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Fisher bait - 10/24/20 04:46 PM

As I said in my previous post "A fisher is an opportunistic predator/scavenger that will eat virtually anything." Thus, if you are on LOCATION with most any bait, success should not be a problem.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums