Home

Salvage lures ?

Posted By: KB64

Salvage lures ? - 11/19/20 11:12 PM

I have a plastic container containing a bunch of bottles of lure and some bait that have metal lids. They were left in my garage sealed up for several months. Most of the tops are rusted and the labels are pretty much gone. Is there any way to salvage this ?

I was thinking about emptying it all into a larger container and mixing it together. Maybe adding some chunks of beaver meat and using as a bait ? Would additional Sodium Benzoate be needed ?

Any other suggestions?
Posted By: Bob

Re: Salvage lures ? - 11/20/20 03:10 AM

Unless the lids are rusted through don’t worry about it. If they are just get a new lid. The lures are still good. Just about all my baits and lures that have metal lids are rusted, coyotes and foxes don’t seem to care. Rust occurs in nature all the time, it doesn’t bother them. If your lures are dried out just squirt a little urine in them. If it’s a coyote lure use coyote urine, fox lure use fox, etc. it’ll fix em right up. Rusty lids is nothin to get bent out of shape about
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Salvage lures ? - 11/20/20 03:49 AM

Sell'um on the shed

Re: Salvage lures ? - 11/20/20 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Unless the lids are rusted through don’t worry about it. If they are just get a new lid. The lures are still good. Just about all my baits and lures that have metal lids are rusted, coyotes and foxes don’t seem to care. Rust occurs in nature all the time, it doesn’t bother them. If your lures are dried out just squirt a little urine in them. If it’s a coyote lure use coyote urine, fox lure use fox, etc. it’ll fix em right up. Rusty lids is nothin to get bent out of shape about

Thanks

Re: Salvage lures ? - 11/20/20 03:32 PM

Does anyone know the neck size on 1 oz Boston Round and wide mouth bottles ?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums