Home

First Muskrat Updated!!

Posted By: Kmax8

First Muskrat Updated!! - 01/16/21 03:17 PM

Well I know most of you guys have probably caught hundreds of Muskrats. But I have been trying to catch one since i was 10 years old. I am 43 now. Since we have been trapping the beaver swamp I thought there may be some out there. After finding some scat on logs in the water and posting that on here you guys verified that it was Muskrat scat. So we set that area and have not caught any there. Yesterday we found a small hole in the bank with cut grass in it. So we set a 110 in front of it and this morning we had one. It was actually going into the hole when caught. I know this may seem ridiculous but I was more excited to catch that Muskrat than the Beavers and Otter we caught. Hopefully there are more in there. I found another hole under water by the first hole so I set another 110 in front of it this morning. Thanks guys!!

Attached picture 20210116_095549.jpg

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 03:28 PM

Also can some show me how to turn pics? I have not been able to figure that out. Thanks
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 04:11 PM

Congrats.When you down load a picture on the bottom if you scroll down there will be a rotate right or left button
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 04:18 PM

Congrats on your first rat!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Congrats.When you down load a picture on the bottom if you scroll down there will be a rotate right or left button

Thanks!! When using the picture upload option?

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Congrats on your first rat!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Thanks!!

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kmax8

Thanks!! When using the picture upload option?

Yes once the picture is downloaded scroll down to the bottom and you will see where to rotate the picture right or left.

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 05:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 08:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Thanks

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 09:27 PM

Your welcome
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 10:03 PM

You seriously trapped for 33 years without catching a muskrat?? Where have you been setting? In the desert?

Re: First Muskrat - 01/16/21 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by trapperman222
You seriously trapped for 33 years without catching a muskrat?? Where have you been setting? In the desert?

Lol. I grew up in Louisiana. Caught bunch of Nutria, Coons and Mink. Was told that's why we didnt have muskrats left because the Nutria ran them out. Never really found where they were any where I trapped.
Posted By: Bison88

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 02:29 AM

Nothing in the world like rat trapping! Enjoy
Posted By: skratmandoo

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 03:29 AM

Good for you guys! I caught my first muskrat 40+ years ago, in a 110! Still remember seeing that back floating just above skim ice. Have fun...
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 04:29 AM

Great job!

Chris
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 01:05 PM

Great job!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 01:34 PM

Congrats.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 01:38 PM

50 years ago for me in a 1.5 Victor LS set in a shallow den.

Trapping ruined the 'rest of my life' laugh

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 03:52 PM

I like to here yalls first time catching muskrats. I wish we had a larger population around here. It could be very addicting.

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 05:13 PM

Spring time on the Penobscot river on a float.I was 6 years old
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 08:26 PM

Heck, I wouldn’t know what a muskrat looks like if it swam outa the water and but me, lol. Seen nutria while duck hunting in La.

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Heck, I wouldn’t know what a muskrat looks like if it swam outa the water and but me, lol. Seen nutria while duck hunting in La.

[Linked Image]

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 09:42 PM

Like a Nutria but smaller.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 10:08 PM

Don’t think we have any of those down here. Think the gators might have eaten them all if we did.

Re: First Muskrat - 01/17/21 11:56 PM

Don’t think we have any of those down here. Think the gators might have eaten them all if we did.

That's what happened in Louisiana where I grew up and the Nutria didn't help either.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: First Muskrat - 01/18/21 01:39 AM

I have only targeted them once 15 years ago. They were divine in my neighbors dam of his lake. I bought 6 110 and set them in the runs that were muddy. Cought 6 the digging stopped haven't tried since.

Congrats on the first catch. I'm trying for my first intentional set for mink. I caught one before but the tatmrget was coon.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: First Muskrat - 01/18/21 11:29 PM

You look really young for 43 so does your wife! Lol congrats rats are fun to catch and to put up.

Re: First Muskrat - 01/19/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by newfox1
You look really young for 43 so does your wife! Lol congrats rats are fun to catch and to put up.

Thanks. It's all in what you eat!! Lol

Re: First Muskrat - 01/29/21 11:41 PM

Muskrat #2. Small female and we caught it in same set we caught first one in few weeks back.

Attached picture 20210129_165728.jpg
Posted By: banchee

Re: First Muskrat - 01/30/21 04:03 AM

congrats now get out there and lay out the steel get you some beaver line going too, have a blast in the pursuit
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: First Muskrat - 01/30/21 04:53 AM

Good going Kmax8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you are all having fun! Keep it up! You all will have some great memories.

Moosetrot

Re: First Muskrat - 01/30/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by banchee
congrats now get out there and lay out the steel get you some beaver line going too, have a blast in the pursuit

We have caught 3 beavers and 3 otters also so far. Thanks

Re: First Muskrat - 01/30/21 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by banchee

We have caught 3 beavers and 3 otters also so far. Thanks
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Good going Kmax8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you are all having fun! Keep it up! You all will have some great memories.

Moosetrot

Thanks Moose. Having a good time for sure.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums