Home

Black or brown

Posted By: Turtledale

Black or brown - 02/05/21 03:11 PM

Have always dyed my 330's. Wanted to paint some new ones I got. Going to use the Rust-Oleum flat enamel and acetone 50/50 mix. My dye ones always were a shade of black. Thinking about doing some brown. What pro or cons of brown are there? If any. What color do you paint your 330's?
Posted By: Kre

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 03:18 PM

It doesn't matter. I use brown Speed Dip.
Posted By: Mousey Trapper

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 03:39 PM

Brown is better in water and Black on land.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 03:57 PM

The OD green color of brown Formula One water-based dip works best for me down here.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 04:47 PM

I'd go with brown. I would think brown would blend In better when using that trap In a castor mound set when the trap Is partially out of the water. Completely under water It won't make any difference.
Posted By: TNcat

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 07:05 PM

Paint mine black
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
The OD green color of brown Formula One water-based dip works best for me down here.

Works good here too.

If you're painting them, why not paint them camo colors, surely blend in better than anything.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Black or brown - 02/05/21 10:31 PM

I would go with formula one over painting.It will cost a little more but well worth it.I know where talking traps but man does that stuff work on snares.You can hardly see a snare that has been dipped and it last a long time on traps and snares.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Black or brown - 02/06/21 12:20 AM

I've been spraying mine flat brown and after they dry i give them a few swipes of flat black spray paint. They seem to blend better for me in the locations I have to trap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums